FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Tutorial] [MIUI] How to remove ads in Redmi Note 5/Pro(WHYRED)

1,445 posts
Thanks Meter: 835

By SunilSuni, Senior Member on 14th September 2018, 01:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi friends,

As you all know xiaomi displays ads in download app file manager and sometimes in settings, but there is an option to disable these ads and i have tested this in MIUI10 and i hope it will work for everyone just follow these steps.

1. Goto settings >> Additional settings >> Privacy >> Ad services and disable Personalized recommendations
2. Now from privacy settings select Authorization & revocation>> revoke authorization for msa and security we need data connection to disable these options, sometimes it may fail but try again it will work
3. Now open Download app >> click on three dots and select Settings >>Now disable Show recommended content
4. Now open File manager >> select Settings option >> Click on About and disable Recommendations
5. Open security app >>app will gives popup message to grant authorization just click on Exit >>Select Settings and disable Receive recommendations
6. Open Music app >> Settings >> Advanced settings >> disable Receive recommendations
7. security>>settings>> cleaner>>turn off receive recommendation
8. mi video >>settings>>turn off online recommendation
9. mi browser >> settings>> privacy and security>> turn off receive recommendation
10. mi browser >> settings >> advanced >> top sites>> turn off recommendation

I will try to explore more application, if you found any app that has recommendation option comment here and disable that option to get rid of ads, this is common settings to all xiaomi phones
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to SunilSuni For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SunilSuni Ad-Free

21st November 2018, 01:33 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Even shows ads after disabling the above tips
I am miui user for a different model mi max 32, ads are still stubborn for the UI . Is there any apps that blocks away the entire system .?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunilSuni

Hi friends,

As you all know xiaomi displays ads in download app file manager and sometimes in settings, but there is an option to disable these ads and i have tested this in MIUI10 and i hope it will work for everyone just follow these steps.

1. Goto settings >> Additional settings >> Privacy >> Ad services and disable Personalized recommendations
2. Now from privacy settings select Authorization & revocation>> revoke authorization for msa and security we need data connection to disable these options, sometimes it may fail but try again it will work
3. Now open Download app >> click on three dots and select Settings >>Now disable Show recommended content
4. Now open File manager >> select Settings option >> Click on About and disable Recommendations
5. Open security app >>app will gives popup message to grant authorization just click on Exit >>Select Settings and disable Receive recommendations
6. Open Music app >> Settings >> Advanced settings >> disable Receive recommendations
9. mi browser >> settings>> privacy and security>> turn off receive recommendation

I will try to explore more application, if you found any app that has recommendation option comment here and disable that option to get rid of ads, this is common settings to all xiaomi phones

21st November 2018, 02:51 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bengaluru

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanyamheman

I am miui user for a different model mi max 32, ads are still stubborn for the UI . Is there any apps that blocks away the entire system .?

Disable internet access to msa app

Or

Use adb shell command to remove msa app
21st November 2018, 04:54 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Will uninstalling msa aap affect other apps???
21st November 2018, 04:59 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bengaluru

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhil16

Will uninstalling msa aap affect other apps???

As per miui forum moderators uninstalling msa app will not affect other applications

I haven't tried that. I just disabled internet access to msa app (we can't restrict WiFi internet)
The Following User Says Thank You to SunilSuni For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SunilSuni Ad-Free
22nd November 2018, 02:36 PM |#6  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 695

More
I use the Blokada app, all syncs and downloads still work and it blocks all ads without any problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to xell75 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xell75 Ad-Free
29th November 2018, 11:52 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

Disable internet access to msa app

Or

Use adb shell command to remove msa app

Sory for being so newbie, but can you explain how to block data on msa app since i didn't see it on instaled app list
29th November 2018, 06:43 PM |#8  
Flag Gloucestershire
Thanks Meter: 199

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddybot

Sory for being so newbie, but can you explain how to block data on msa app since i didn't see it on instaled app list

Data usage>Restrict data usage>then press the 3 dot menu >Background connection>then toggle off MSA
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to timbohobbs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift timbohobbs Ad-Free
30th November 2018, 06:24 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 405

More
Some suggest changing region, but it is a no go for most users, so it is not a solution either. Toggling off msa or revoke authorization only disable the ads when using mobile data. When using wifi, it will still show up (can't disable wifi access for msa). You have to uninstall it via adb (no root required).

Code:
adb shell
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.msa.global
There will be "Success" to indicate successfully uninstalled. No harm to the system, it will make the msa powerless until the next time you factory reset (you have to do this again if you reset). After uninstalled, no fullscreen ads anymore in every MIUI app.

Tested this already on RN5 whyred MIUI 10.0.2.0, and will work for any xiaomi devices with that msa exist. Packagename may vary in older version, some still use com.miui.msa (no .global). I have a full post in kaskus regarding this.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Desmanto For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Desmanto Ad-Free
14th December 2018, 02:42 AM |#10  
Flag Garden of Time
Thanks Meter: 1,477

More
Quote:

Hi friends

Also if you wanna block ads in the App Vault & File Manager completely, you can import this in the AdGuard user filter:

Code:
||ad.mi.com^
||ad.xiaomi.com^
||ad1.xiaomi.com^
||encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com^
@@||sec.miui.com^
@@||data.mistat.xiaomi.com^
@@||security.xiaomi.com^
the last 3 are whitelisted coz if you block it, the CPU usage of certain Mi apps will be high and stays high, like Mi Fit.
but those 3 are not ads domain.

the ads in Browser & Mi Music (china ver) can't be blocked, still can't find the domain of where it originated from.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Crescendo Xenomorph For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Crescendo Xenomorph Ad-Free
16th December 2018, 06:57 PM |#11  
Flag Bochnia
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:

Hi friends,

First you need to do hard reset and set your region as Poland and disable ads personalization in first time setup (it is very important to do this after hard reset in first time setup ,and after that don't change region!). After that you already blocked all ads Of course you can do these steps ,but these are optional

Also you can try my Windows script for removing bloatware
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=3879739
The Following User Says Thank You to The4anoni For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift The4anoni Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)