Multitasking/RAM

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
You're busy and don't have time to wait, which is why you need to stop reading this thread and get back to organizing your Pogs. Rate this thread to express how the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 performs when multitasking. A higher rating indicates that the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 keeps many apps in memory so that they don't need to reload, and that when moving between apps, transitions are smooth and performance is excellent.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

harigavara

Jan 13, 2012
Visakhapatnam
Honor Play
Very very poor ram management

TO THE PEOPLE WHO ARE IN THE IDEA OF BUYING THIS 3GB and 4GB MOBILE VARIANTS

I bought 3gb variant, and the multitasking - ram management simply sucks. Yes because the first 2 to 3 apps in the recent apps list were also refreshing while swapping between. This is worse. Its been 2 weeks and I am thinking to sell this. Bought 3gb for the time being until oneplus 6 release. But because this is much worse that I could not even bear this weak ram management till oneplus 6 release

b886b

Jan 22, 2012
TO THE PEOPLE WHO ARE IN THE IDEA OF BUYING THIS 3GB and 4GB MOBILE VARIANTS

I bought 3gb variant, and the multitasking - ram management simply sucks. Yes because the first 2 to 3 apps in the recent apps list were also refreshing while swapping between. This is worse. Its been 2 weeks and I am thinking to sell this. Bought 3gb for the time being until oneplus 6 release. But because this is much worse that I could not even bear this weak ram management till oneplus 6 release

Before selling the device, try the following setting, 1st tap on the build several times to reveal the developer option, then head to the developer option scroll all the way down and turn off memory optimization and miui optimization. That way u should have better multitasking capability

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
I paid a little more for a 4GB version and really ability to keep many apps in background is good.

How is indicated above MIUI optimization is a task killer to allows user to use faster some less critical apps (with minor RAM usage) and kills apps in the order from which consumption is higher.

But finally RAM optimization depends mostly in how the firmware implements this feature, some kernel correctly tweaked can help on this.

So it´s not a hardware related issue with 3GB it can runs better with some improvements in the software.

Reactions: Doomkopf

Reykawick

Aug 14, 2018
Well, I think its the fault of miui but not the device, i am using liquid remix, and I can maintain 10+ apps in 3gb variant.

alfred5

May 22, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Only 1.5 GB free of 4. Im using Rom xiaomi eu, but original global rom is the same with ram Screenshot_2018-12-31-09-04-27-007_com.android.settings.jpeg

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 5 mediante Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You're busy and don't have time to wait, which is why you need to stop reading this thread and get back to organizing your Pogs. Rate this thread to express how the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 performs when multitasking. A higher rating indicates that the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 keeps many apps in memory so that they don't need to reload, and that when moving between apps, transitions are smooth and performance is excellent.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
    I paid a little more for a 4GB version and really ability to keep many apps in background is good.

How is indicated above MIUI optimization is a task killer to allows user to use faster some less critical apps (with minor RAM usage) and kills apps in the order from which consumption is higher.

But finally RAM optimization depends mostly in how the firmware implements this feature, some kernel correctly tweaked can help on this.

So it´s not a hardware related issue with 3GB it can runs better with some improvements in the software.
    using [9.0]AospExtended v6.5 here
    Redmi 5 plus 64gb/4gb
    it says that system consumes: 786 mb
    29 apps
    1759mb free