This is not bootanimation, this is the splash screen (the 'Mi' boot logo which is displayed when device is switched ON)
This is for Redmi Note 5A = Y1 Lite = ugglite Only (Snapdragon Variants)..
This is NOT for 'Redmi Note 5A Prime = Y1 Lite Prime = ugg'. (For this device, if you want, send me your splash.img)
For other devices, please send me your splash.img so that I can create a tool for you too.
1. Rooted Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A / Y1 Lite (ugglite) (Snapdragon) (any ROM)
2. Optional: Terminal Emulator app or Custom Recovery or atleast working fastboot in computer
3. You're proceeding at your own risk.
STEPS to create splash.img:
1. Download & Extract this: Redmi_Note_5A_Y1_Lite_Splash_Maker.zip
2. Make sure you have a picture with resolution 720x1280 or lower.
This device has a fixed size of of few kBs allocated for splash image frame buffer, so only very light-weight pictures can be used.
(If you alter this limit in the script, fastboot picture will not appear in fastboot mode..)
It's recommended to use picture with 3 or 2 colors only, like Black & White pictures.
So you'll have to try many pictures till you get a successful one.
3. Now rename your picture as logo.png or logo.jpg according to its format & replace it inside "pics" folder of the extracted folder.
(Similarly you can change other pictures too)
4. Finally, run the 'CREATE_LOGO.bat' to create splash.img , which you can find inside the "output" folder after completion.
You'll get an error like "PICTURE IS LARGE IN SIZE" if it's not possible to create a logo with that picture.
In that case, try any one of these below:
a. Try compressPNG.com to reduce no. of colors in PNG picture.
Upload your picture, click Settings, reduce number of colors to 2, Apply & download it & try again.
b. Reduce the picture resolution.
For example, this picture:Attachment 4073256 can edited to something like this: Attachment 4073257
(Hope you understand what I say)
c. Try some other picture.
STEPS to flash splash.img:
Optional: To backup your original splash.img:
dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/splash of=/sdcard/splash.img
Now, Choose any one easy method to install:
a. To flash from recovery:
Transfer the flashable_splash.zip to your device and flash from TWRP or CWM or Philz or any other custom recovery.
b. To flash from Terminal Emulator:
Transfer the splash.img to your device's Internal Storage, Open Terminal Emulator & enter the following to flash it:
su dd if=/sdcard/splash.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/splash
fastboot flash splash splash.img
Incase something goes wrong or device doesn't bootup, flash the stock splash.img from custom recovery or fastboot.
1. Based on my original tool for Redmi Note 4
2. @malyszynio who provided the stock splash.img of Redmi Note 5A (ugglite) & tested this tool.
Hit the Thanks button if it worked for you
You're welcome to post the splash images that you created..
FOR MEDIATEK VARIANTS:
Browse in /dev directory to find out where that is present.
After you have found out, dump the logo.bin file by:
dd if=/<the_directory_where_logo_is_present>/logo of=/sdcard/logo.bin
Changing Boot Logo (logo.bin) - LOGO BUILDER Program
After editing, you can reflash it by:
dd if=/sdcard/logo.bin of=/<the_directory_where_logo_is_present>/logo
Or if that tool doesn't work, send me your logo.bin or splash.img, I'll check it..