• USB Cable
• Internet connection
• Setup your MIUI account by going to Settings -> Mi Account
• Apply for permission here (Use MIUI browser on the phone-Mandatory) (http://en.miui.com/unlock/download_en.html)
• Use your phone number with your country prefix to log in (ex. +91 Mobile number, is for India. Ex +91 99999999)
• Write why you want to unlock the device in 2-3 sentences (it may take a few days, Be patient. You will receive SMS confirmation if approved)
• Download Mi Unlocker from here (http://en.miui.com/unlock/download_en.html)
• Enable developer options by going to Settings -> About phone and tap 7 times on MIUI version
• Go to Settings -> Additional Settings -> Developer Settings and tick OEM Unlocking and USB debugging
• Go to Settings -> Additional Settings -> Developer Settings -> Mi Unlock Status and press Unlock
• Turn your Mobile data, Sync , WiFi and GPS on and wait for 5 minutes and don't turn them off afterwards
• Go to Mi Cloud by clicking here (https://i.mi.com/)
• Login with your phone number
• Click on Find device and locate your phone
• In the folder where you've extracted the Mi Unlock tool, you will find a program called MiUsbDriver, open it and press Install
• Log in to Mi Unlock by opening miflash_unlock on PC with the same phone number you used in obtaining the unlock permission
• Switch off your phone and go into Fastboot by pressing Volume down and Power simultaneously and connect your phone to the PC
• Once it shows a handset in Mi Unlock click on Unlock button
• Wait for a minute and you are done
• Your phone's bootloader is now UNLOCKED
NOTE: if you are stuck anywhere during this procedure, please start from step 1.
The main advantage of this procedure is that you don't need Developer ROM, it will work on Official builds as well.
TWRP for Redmi 5A (Riva) (https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...mi-5a-t3712243)
LazyFlasher zip https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298947108
1. Reboot to Fastboot mode by pressing and holding Volume down + power button
2. Connect the phone to the computer with the original usb cable.
3. On your computer download the recovery from the link below and move it to the ADB folder.
4. Now in the adb folder, press shift and right click, select “open command prompt here”
5. Type the following
fastboot devices (to check if the computer recognizes the phone)
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.1-0-riva.img (Flashes the TWRP to the phone)
6. Reboot the device to recovery. DO NOT BOOT TO SYSTEM YET Use Volume Up + Power to boot to recovery.
7. Flash Lazyflasher to disable dm-verity & forced encryption on MIUI.
8. Reboot to system
Now you have TWRP and MIUI.