Thanks Meter: 603

Post Reply Email Thread
28th September 2018, 10:53 AM |#21  
Flag Lucknow
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aIecxs

Maybe someone will help, if you give detailed information about what you have tried, and what exactly went wrong with description of errors and maybe screenshots

Its just i have posted this issue at so many places that now im tired of writing this again and again cause at no place did i get a reply. U r probably the first one to even say sthng. Well thank you!
So here are the details:

Firstly cannot add account in Mi Unlock Status -> Add account and device. It always gives an error couldn't add error code 86012. and ignoring this if I try to proceed to unlock than I get current account cannot unlock this device. These days im getting couldn't verify, waut or minute or two. But nonetheless error is still the same.

I have tried using another sim card but got the same error on that account also. I contacted customer services but they couldn't do anything.

I have tried each and every suggestion I have found so far. keeping find device on, logging on to i.mi.com, usb debugging enabled, using VPN services on the device to add the account, running unlock tool as administrator, using multiple accounts both on device and PC, Driver signing off, etc, etc....

One thing which surprised me was I tried to unlock without having signed on to any account on my device. I had signed out of my MI account on my phone and then went to fastboot and tried to unlock and guess what? It still gave me the same error!!!!

I had expected to get a different error suggesting that I sign in on the device but that didn't happen.

Also I tried with different accounts on the device and the tool. signed in with account A on phone and used account B in unlock tool and still I got the same error!!

I hope someone might help me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-09-18_00-14-14.png
Views:	238
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	4606813  

28th September 2018, 03:41 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 102

More
Sorry i am not that expert (and don't want to spread fake news), maybe xiaomi have recently discontinued their oem unlock service? I know Huawei did, maybe Xiaomi is following - but, just a guess! Or you just have to wait two more months longer...
@xaacnz should be able to help you - did you read his post?
The Following User Says Thank You to aIecxs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aIecxs Ad-Free
30th September 2018, 09:02 AM |#23  
Flag Lucknow
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:

Sorry i am not that expert (and don't want to spread fake news), maybe xiaomi have recently discontinued their oem unlock service? I know Huawei did, maybe Xiaomi is following - but, just a guess! Or you just have to wait two more months longer...
@xaacnz should be able to help you - did you read his post?

@xaacnz is not active anymore and his thread is too complex for someone like me who doesn't know about programming language. Anyways thnx.
11th November 2018, 04:01 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
does this TWRP works with oreo rom?
25th November 2018, 01:40 AM |#25  
Flag Djakarta
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I did the step, it's run smooth at first, and i did restart and now i got bootloop, my device stuck on MI logo..anybody can help me?
25th November 2018, 08:17 AM |#26  

More
If you factory reset your phone it might take a while on first boot, because it is encrypting data partition (without displaying) - might look like its freezed. When interupted, this may cause boot loop.
You should erase data from fastboot mode
Code:
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase userdata
26th November 2018, 10:22 AM |#27  
Flag Djakarta

More
Quote:

If you factory reset your phone it might take a while on first boot, because it is encrypting data partition (without displaying) - might look like its freezed. When interupted, this may cause boot loop.
You should erase data from fastboot mode

Code:
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase userdata

i already did this.. and still stuck on MI logo..
26th November 2018, 12:34 PM |#28  

More
Do you have working TWRP? make a backup of boot. Install Universal DM-Verity Disabler, Format data: Wipe -> Format Data -> type yes
if Format Data fails, reboot TWRP and format again.
If no TWRP
Code:
fastboot boot <twrp.img>
27th November 2018, 10:31 AM |#29  
Flag Djakarta

More
[/COLOR]
Quote:

Do you have working TWRP? make a backup of boot. Install Universal DM-Verity Disabler, Format data: Wipe -> Format Data -> type yes
if Format Data fails, reboot TWRP and format again.
If no TWRP

Code:
fastboot boot <twrp.img>

done.. and it work again, thanks @Alecxs
17th December 2018, 03:16 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
thnx so much very informative and simple
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
redmi 5a, redmi 5a root, redmi-note-5a, xiaomi redmi 5a

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)