WHAT IS TWRP?
Team Win Recovery Project is a custom recovery for Android devices.
It allows you to back up and restore your data, flash custom ROMs to your device, repair broken file systems, and root your device.
Read more about TWRP here: https://twrp.me/about/
WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT?
This thread is about a serious TWRP development for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro. By serious I mean a development which isn't using device tree which was just badly kanged from another device or it's a dirty port without any direct compilation from source. That means that issues like a low brightness, which is caused by a maintainer not being able to set the real maximum brightness which is supported by the device, aren't here.
- MTP support
- USB OTG storage support
- Hardware Qualcomm-based full-disk encryption support ( ext4 & f2fs )
- ext4, f2fs, NTFS, fat file system support (read, write, format, backup & restore)
- Covers more partitions for nandroid backup and the backup/restore of them really works!
- Covers more partitions for image installation, including System, Vendor, Cust, Cache, Userdata, persist, persistbak, boot logo, modem firmware, and even Bluetooth firmware
- ADB root
- Always synced with signatures from Android platform, so you don't have to worry about the signature mismatch on MIUI incremental OTA installation
- Full SELinux support
- Support for Asian languages
- Included logd/logcat support
- Support for mounting USB storage - Mount -> Mount USB Storage in recovery menu.
If you face any problem then just let me know and i will fix it asap. I'm not a magician to know everything, so if you won't report it then it's probably not gonna be fixed.
- initial release
- Fixed USB storage, from now on you can mount it
by clicking on Mount -> Mount USB Storage in the recovery menu.
- Imported selinux service contexts
- Added ability to backup/restore system/vendor images
- increased platform security values to override anti-rollback features to something rather insane
- Added system vold decryption support, since a process of getting keystore to work
on this device was a pure hell for me, but still this is in testing, just let me know if it works for you, but be careful and better backup your data before trying this...
- Slightly modified screen offset, so you can now see clock in the statusbar.
- Updated decryption blobs to pie, decryption should now work properly, after that there is also slightly improved vold decryption in case that default decryption fails
- Updated kernel to Android 9.0
188.8.131.52, 21.1.2019 - warning: this is test build!
DECRYPTION Builds (ported builds without source)
Changelog: Initial release
TWRP, Tool/Utility for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro
Current Stable Version: 184.108.40.206
Stable Release Date: 2019-01-19
Last Updated 2019-01-19