FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Mi unlock Error: "couldn't unlock the device", "try again in 1 day(s)"

74 posts
Thanks Meter: 14

By netlogger, Member on 13th January 2019, 12:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I unlocked my device some time ago. And used unlocked for a while. But 10 days ago I installed global beta rom with Miflash, and forgot to change "clean all and lock" option while flashing.
Of course my device locked again. I immediately tried to unlock again. But gave me an error "you need to use your device a bit longer to proceed. Try again in 7 days" at 99% level.
I was shoecked but waited for 7 days. Yesterday I tried to unlock again. But gave me same error again with 1 day option: "you need to use your device a bit longer to proceed. Try again in 1 day".
Today I tried again. But still gives this wait for 1 day error and says "Couldn't unlock the device".
What can I do to unlock my device?
Is there any opinion for this error. Really need help. Thanks...

13th January 2019, 03:50 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
It's a sensitive process. Be patient. Don't screw with your MiCloud. Don't tamper with permissions of system apps. Don't log out or remove the device from your account.

Once you manage to unlock it again, uninstall MiFlash. You should only be using TWRP or fastboot if you don't want to get locked.
13th January 2019, 10:27 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Fixed the situation today and get unlocked.
I figured it out that it is because of enabling "OEM unlocking" in developer options wasn't working.
I noticed that, I enabe this option but when I return to developer options after a while, it was disabled again. On last time I triedto enable it 2-3 times again and again. And waited for 1-2 minutes, then a warning message appeared at the bottom. After I accept that warning, this option stayed enabled whenever I entered to developer optons again.
After this change, Device unlocked without any error...
The Following User Says Thank You to netlogger For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift netlogger Ad-Free
3rd May 2019, 10:18 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I solved this downgrading mi flash
Quote:
Originally Posted by netlogger

I unlocked my device some time ago. And used unlocked for a while. But 10 days ago I installed global beta rom with Miflash, and forgot to change "clean all and lock" option while flashing.
Of course my device locked again. I immediately tried to unlock again. But gave me an error "you need to use your device a bit longer to proceed. Try again in 7 days" at 99% level.
I was shoecked but waited for 7 days. Yesterday I tried to unlock again. But gave me same error again with 1 day option: "you need to use your device a bit longer to proceed. Try again in 1 day".
Today I tried again. But still gives this wait for 1 day error and says "Couldn't unlock the device".
What can I do to unlock my device?
Is there any opinion for this error. Really need help. Thanks...

downgrade your miflash to version 2.3.803 lhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-F6_jbKa-OsbUFCZm1TUk9lMEE/view
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FantasiaGame1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FantasiaGame1 Ad-Free
8th May 2019, 08:16 AM |#5  
Flag Rotterdam
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by netlogger

Fixed the situation today and get unlocked.
I figured it out that it is because of enabling "OEM unlocking" in developer options wasn't working.
I noticed that, I enabe this option but when I return to developer options after a while, it was disabled again. On last time I triedto enable it 2-3 times again and again. And waited for 1-2 minutes, then a warning message appeared at the bottom. After I accept that warning, this option stayed enabled whenever I entered to developer optons again.
After this change, Device unlocked without any error...

Hi, first of all i had to wait 360 hours before unlocking my Mi9. Then i got this message "couldn't unlock device" too. Very annoying. After that i tried again, but now i have to wait another 360 hours before unlocking. So i will remember your solution and wait for this warning to accept. Thank you.

Note: downgrading Mi Unlock Tool is not the solution.

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasiaGame1

downgrade your miflash to version 2.3.803 lhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-F6_jbKa-OsbUFCZm1TUk9lMEE/view

downgrading is not the solution
9th May 2019, 08:08 AM |#6  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iOceanAlex

Hi, first of all i had to wait 360 hours before unlocking my Mi9. Then i got this message "couldn't unlock device" too. Very annoying. After that i tried again, but now i have to wait another 360 hours before unlocking. So i will remember your solution and wait for this warning to accept. Thank you.

Note: downgrading Mi Unlock Tool is not the solution.

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

downgrading is not the solution

Downgrading on MiFlash worked for me - but only on the requirement to use my device for a longer period of time (not the unlocking wait time).
The Following User Says Thank You to br3tty For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift br3tty Ad-Free
31st May 2019, 08:20 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by br3tty

Downgrading on MiFlash worked for me - but only on the requirement to use my device for a longer period of time (not the unlocking wait time).

Me too
13th June 2019, 08:04 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
This worked for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasiaGame1

I had the same error wait and wait and could not unlock the bootloader because it told me to wait 3 more days and so I had until I read this post. It worked for me with this version, thank you very much. I was able to unlock the bootloader.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
error, try again, unlock, xiaomi

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)