FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Firmware] Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro [violet] [Auto updated daily!]

2,773 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,184
 
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from yshalsager: Firmware files are auto updated daily! Check download links always :D
All Xiaomi users suffer from a single problem, Firmware update. As there are many devices with no one to provide the newest firmware update every single release. And also developers who provide updates to devices may forget or be busy sometimes, so releases are provided later. Here is my simple solution:

Xiaomi Firmware Updater (Redmi Note 7 Pro)

Logo
Code:
#include 
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
*
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/
A set of various script that automatically generates Xiaomi firmware flashable zip files every MIUI new update!
My scripts download MIUI official ROMs, both Developer and Stable, Global and China, extracts the firmware-update folder, generates firmware flashable zip with auto-written "updater-script", and uploads them automatically to many servers.
The scripts are completely automated, running on a Linux server every six hours.

Note:
Names will be in the following manner:
  • fw_violet_miui_VIOLETINGlobal_*.zip is Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro India firmware
  • fw_violet_miui_VIOLET_*.zip is Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro China firmware

Downloads

You can get updates always from various mirrors avaliable on the website:Older files are available here.

Frequently Asked Questions:
What is Firmware? Is it a full ROM or OTA package?
Firmware is not a ROM nor OTA Package, it's a set of low-level drivers which helps the operating system do whatever it wants to do. It includes various things like Modem, Bluetooth, Bootloader, DSP and etc.
Why should I update the Firmware?
Firmware is provided from Xiaomi directly, and there are no sources for it to let developers build and edit it on their own like custom ROMs, so if you want to keep your device up to date always update your firmware!
Do I need updating the Firmware If I'm MIUI official or custom ROM user?
No, MIUI ROMs contain the firmware-update package which I extract and provide here.
What are the supported devices?
All Snapdragon devices including China-only devices.
Check the full devices list here!
Why there are no MTK devices?
Because it doesn't have firmware-update package
How to update the firmware?
1- Download the package you want to flash. IT MUST BE NAMED WITH THE SAME CODENAME OF YOUR DEVICE.
2- Flash it using TWRP or any custom recovery. There's no need to wipe/format anything before or after the installation.
How to check the updated firmware?
Usually, the modem gets updated with newer firmware, you can check it in Settings > About > Baseband.

Support or Contact:
Having trouble with firmware files? You can open a new issue on Github repository or just write here in a reply, and I’ll help you sort it out.

Source Code:
- Github
- Main project thread

Telegram:
- XiaomiFirmwareUpdater
- MIUIUpdatesTracker
- XiaomiGeeks Group

Donations:
A donation was never necessary, but It's making life easier for me and guarantees paying server costs. My works are free and open source, that cost money, time and many efforts.
XiaomiFirmwareUpdater and MIUIUpdatesTracker scripts are automated, running on a Linux server. If you want these projects to continue and provide the best services to Xiaomi users, you can help me by donating using:
- Paypal
- Pateron

XDA:DevDB Information
[Firmware] Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro [violet] [Auto updated daily!], Tool/Utility for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro

Contributors
yshalsager
Source Code: https://github.com/XiaomiFirmwareUpd...rmware-updater


Version Information
Status: Stable

Created 2019-04-29
Last Updated 2019-04-29
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to yshalsager For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
29th April 2019, 08:26 PM |#2  
vlachorumsapiens's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yshalsager

All Xiaomi users suffer from a single problem, Firmware update. As there are many devices with no one to provide the newest firmware update every single release. And also developers who provide updates to devices may forget or be busy sometimes, so releases are provided later. Here is my simple solution:

Xiaomi Firmware Updater (Redmi Note 7 Pro)

Logo
Code:
#include 
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
*
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/
A set of various script that automatically generates Xiaomi firmware flashable zip files every MIUI new update!
My scripts download MIUI official ROMs, both Developer and Stable, Global and China, extracts the firmware-update folder, generates firmware flashable zip with auto-written "updater-script", and uploads them automatically to many servers.
The scripts are completely automated, running on a Linux server every six hours.

Note:
Names will be in the following manner:
  • fw_violet_miui_VIOLETINGlobal_*.zip is Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro India firmware
  • fw_violet_miui_VIOLET_*.zip is Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro China firmware

Downloads

You can get updates always from various mirrors avaliable on the website:Older files are available here.

Frequently Asked Questions:
What is Firmware? Is it a full ROM or OTA package?
Firmware is not a ROM nor OTA Package, it's a set of low-level drivers which helps the operating system do whatever it wants to do. It includes various things like Modem, Bluetooth, Bootloader, DSP and etc.
Why should I update the Firmware?
Firmware is provided from Xiaomi directly, and there are no sources for it to let developers build and edit it on their own like custom ROMs, so if you want to keep your device up to date always update your firmware!
Do I need updating the Firmware If I'm MIUI official or custom ROM user?
No, MIUI ROMs contain the firmware-update package which I extract and provide here.
What are the supported devices?
All Snapdragon devices including China-only devices.
Check the full devices list here!
Why there are no MTK devices?
Because it doesn't have firmware-update package
How to update the firmware?
1- Download the package you want to flash. IT MUST BE NAMED WITH THE SAME CODENAME OF YOUR DEVICE.
2- Flash it using TWRP or any custom recovery. There's no need to wipe/format anything before or after the installation.
How to check the updated firmware?
Usually, the modem gets updated with newer firmware, you can check it in Settings > About > Baseband.

Support or Contact:
Having trouble with firmware files? You can open a new issue on Github repository or just write here in a reply, and I’ll help you sort it out.

Source Code:
- Github
- Main project thread

Telegram:
- XiaomiFirmwareUpdater
- MIUIUpdatesTracker
- XiaomiGeeks Group

Donations:
A donation was never necessary, but It's making life easier for me and guarantees paying server costs. My works are free and open source, that cost money, time and many efforts.
XiaomiFirmwareUpdater and MIUIUpdatesTracker scripts are automated, running on a Linux server. If you want these projects to continue and provide the best services to Xiaomi users, you can help me by donating using:
- Paypal
- Pateron

XDA:DevDB Information
[Firmware] Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro [violet] [Auto updated daily!], Tool/Utility for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro

Contributors
yshalsager
Source Code: https://github.com/XiaomiFirmwareUpd...rmware-updater


Version Information
Status: Stable

Created 2019-04-29
Last Updated 2019-04-29

Thank you so much for your support! This is great!
29th April 2019, 08:48 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlachorumsapiens

Thank you so much for your support! This is great!

And thank you for quoting the OP
The Following User Says Thank You to 1375965485501144093271341 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 1375965485501144093271341 Ad-Free
29th April 2019, 09:39 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Chisinau
Thanks Meter: 56
 
Donate to Me
More
Thanks for your work !
6th May 2019, 03:59 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hi
Does this work on aosp based roms?
11th May 2019, 03:51 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Does the latest rom miui stable rom 10.2.10. contain Anti roll back?
11th May 2019, 04:59 PM |#7  
yshalsager's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 6,184
 
Donate to Me
More
Deleted
14th May 2019, 05:37 AM |#8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Is this firmware work for custom ROMs?
17th May 2019, 10:34 PM |#9  
yshalsager's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 6,184
 
Donate to Me
More
MIUI 10 9.5.16 China Beta ROM Firmware

Downloads:Donation & Support:
XiaomiFirmwareUpdater needs your support. If you want these projects to continue providing the best services to Xiaomi users, you can help me by donating using one of the following methods: Paypal - Pateron
18th May 2019, 02:23 PM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

Does the latest rom miui stable rom 10.2.10. contain Anti roll back?

Yes

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk
19th May 2019, 04:25 AM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by messypenguin

Yes

No it does not. I just updated to 10.2
10.
I did not see your message before I updated.
So when I saw your message I checked.
The anti value is '1'. Which means it's not enabled yet.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes