[RECOVERY][PBRP - 3.3.0-0][Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 PRO]

65 posts
Thanks Meter: 210

Post Reply Email Thread
PitchBlackRecoveryProject

DISCLAIMER:

Code:
/*
 * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
 * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
 * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
 * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
 * Same statement for XDA.
 */

INFORMATION:

Pitch Black Recovery was started in March 18 2018 with the movement to enhance TWRP with better customizatons, themes and features. You can read more about PBRP here.

NOTE :

This build of PBRP is based on the kernel source code and no prebuilt kernel was used for building. Because, it is the first build, testers are very welcome for providing feedback regarding the build.

DOWNLOAD :

BUGS:
  • You tell me.

INSTRUCTIONS :
  • Download the recovery image and place it in some folder on your desktop and open the Terminal/Command Prompt/Powershell in the said folder.
  • Connect your device to the PC and boot into the fastboot mode using H/W keys or by typing :
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
  • Now, type :
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
OR,
  • Most devices can be updated quickly and easily within TWRP if you already have version 2.8.4.0 or higher installed
  • Download the recovery image from the link.
  • Reboot to PBRP.
  • Hit Install and tap the "Images..." button in the lower right
  • Browse to the location of the PBRP image on your device and select it.
  • Select recovery from the partition list and swipe to flash.

For folks who are running MIUI (memeui) :

Thanks to Snehashis Sarkar for a short tutorial.
  • Your data will get wiped before flashing the recovery so take a backup of the internal storage.
  • Reboot to fastboot.
  • Wipe the Userdata via fastboot.
  • Flash this recovery.
  • Boot into the recovery and format the data (just format it, don't go for the "advanced wipe" section .
  • Flash this image file: Patched fstab + vbmeta + thermal configs for better performance
  • Reboot and enjoy.

Kernel Source :

Link: android_kernel_xiaomi_sm6150

XDA:DevDB Information
[RECOVERY][PBRP - 3.3.0-0][Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 PRO], Tool/Utility for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro

Contributors
Doomsday101
Source Code: https://github.com/PitchBlackRecover...ct/manifest_pb

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 3.3.0-0
Beta Release Date: 2019-05-09

Created 2019-05-08
Last Updated 2019-05-09
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Doomsday101 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Doomsday101 Ad-Free
9th May 2019, 02:40 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Encryption fixed?
9th May 2019, 07:49 AM |#3  
Flag Johannesburg
Thanks Meter: 19

More
This just hangs at the loading image for me, same as your TWRP 3.3.0

I have the Chinese RN7P if it makes any difference.
9th May 2019, 08:26 AM |#4  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwughjsd

Encryption fixed?

Please confirm
9th May 2019, 09:17 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolts Edge

Please confirm

Been busy in real life recently and bricked my violet before so I would rather wait for others to try
9th May 2019, 10:45 AM |#6  
OP Member
Flag Gwalior

Donate to Me
More
New steps for flashing (just for the MIUI users)
I have updated the forum with extra steps for those who are running the MIUI and try to flash the custom recovery for the first time. This will allow you to run the custom recovery alongside the MIUI so you may give this a go.
11th May 2019, 10:03 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Bro please help me, when I was flash recovery img Succesfly flashed but after I am going to recovery mode pbpr screen only showing pls help me
11th May 2019, 09:45 PM |#8  
OP Member
Flag Gwalior

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by philomin

Bro please help me, when I was flash recovery img Succesfly flashed but after I am going to recovery mode pbpr screen only showing pls help me

I suppose you must be running miui. I have posted some additional instructions on the forum on how to flash for miui users. You can also make use of this tutorial for reference :
15th May 2019, 04:31 PM |#9  
Flag Utter Pradesh
Thanks Meter: 8

Donate to Me
More
Your Recovery Is Working Fine but why twrp and Pitch black twrp backup restore folder are changed..i should be same but not a problem good job..

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

One Question Its a Fully Stable To Work With miui global rom without any encryption.. and with miui incremental updates..
The Following User Says Thank You to Aj51 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Aj51 Ad-Free
15th May 2019, 09:47 PM |#10  
OP Member
Flag Gwalior

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj51

Your Recovery Is Working Fine but why twrp and Pitch black twrp backup restore folder are changed..i should be same but not a problem good job..

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

One Question Its a Fully Stable To Work With miui global rom without any encryption.. and with miui incremental updates..

I haven't tested it myself but I would appreciate it if you or someone else would like to test it out ))
21st May 2019, 08:57 PM |#11  
Flag Chisinau
Thanks Meter: 89

Donate to Me
More
Hello , the recovery works flawlessly , thanks for your work , loving the themes
The Following User Says Thank You to diamantik For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift diamantik Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)