FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][9.0][violet] Pixel Experience [OFFICIAL][AOSP/CAF]

874 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,460
 
By Dyneteve, Recognized Developer on 15th April 2019, 12:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th June 2019, 02:43 PM |#251  
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoti.id

Can i flash the caf over non-caf without clean flash?

No

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrrF

If present on a custom rom, flashing the PE requires only flashing firmware?
Nothing else like flashing aur mounting the stock vendor right?
Or i have to flash miui again and flash PE?

Wipe everything, flash firmware, and then flash ROM. You’ll need the right TWRP depending on which ROM you’re in now and your encryption.
The Following User Says Thank You to oyogen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oyogen Ad-Free
 
 
17th June 2019, 04:00 PM |#252  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 62
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperGG

@Dyneteve
Many thanks for this wonderful rom, but I have find some issues:
Spec:
6 + 128 china ver, firmware 9.5.30 china dev, vendor 10.3.5.0 china stable.
twrp https://forum.xda-developers.com/red...roper-t3933531
clean flash(dalvik + cache + system + data).

CAF branch:
PixelExperience_caf_violet-9.0-20190608-2032-OFFICIAL.zip
1. unable to change ringtone to custom one. (ogg files / mp3 files).
2. after reboot, usb debug will turn on by itself.

PixelExperience_caf_violet-9.0-20190616-1450-OFFICIAL.zip
dirty flash over PixelExperience_caf_violet-9.0-20190608-2032-OFFICIAL.zip
1. boot stuck.

I had the same issue and forgot to backup my data! Now I lost most of them.

Do you use ANXCamera? It might be the cause and I want to check.

As for ringtones you can try to move your files to /sdcard/ringtones
The Following User Says Thank You to Dwughjsd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dwughjsd Ad-Free
17th June 2019, 08:45 PM |#253  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Im using the latest updated version of this caf rom
User experience is not as smooth as the older earlier version was
I want to go back to older version,,the battery backup was superb also,,,
I just installed it,i must use it for a while then say things like this,but i can say this much surely that the older rom was much optimized than this one
Wiped factory reset,nd flashed pe rom
Maybe i needed a clean flash- format data+wipe everything,thn flash frimware thn pe rom
I want that smooth experience back

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by farsim47

Im using the latest updated version of this caf rom
User experience is not as smooth as the older earlier version was
I want to go back to older version,,the battery backup was superb also,,,
I just installed it,i must use it for a while then say things like this,but i can say this much surely that the older rom was much optimized than this one
Wiped factory reset,nd flashed pe rom
Maybe i needed a clean flash- format data+wipe everything,thn flash frimware thn pe rom
I want that smooth experience back

What should i do?
17th June 2019, 08:52 PM |#254  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I found a problem where the downloading stops working in Google play store.
I have to either reset APN or work some magic to make it run again .
Why ?
18th June 2019, 04:11 AM |#255  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnt86

I have exact the same phone, dirty flash exactly the same way, no problem at all.
Make sure you have the right TWRP from Peter.
And before flash, you may want to run a full backup first.

Hi, Thanks for your kindly remind on a full backup, I already had one.
From @Dwughjsd 's reply, I realized that I have installed ANXCamera, and this may be the issue.
Since currently I don't have access to the phone, I will test and post the result later.
For TWRP builds, I was using Peter's(PeterCxy) newest builds which is version 3.3.1-6, It's working for both official MIUI(CAF), and P.E. CAF.
Have a nice day!

---------- Post added at 03:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwughjsd

I had the same issue and forgot to backup my data! Now I lost most of them.

Do you use ANXCamera? It might be the cause and I want to check.

As for ringtones you can try to move your files to /sdcard/ringtones

Oh ANXCamera, that may be the issue! Many thanks for a genius like you!
Since I don't have access to the phone now, I will test and post later.
The ring tone issue still can not resolve, since I already tried to put them into a Ringtone folder.
I have another phone which also have a recent pixel exp. rom, it's ringtones are working fine like this:
After put some oggs / mp3s into a folder without a .nomedia file, they will appear in "My Sound" in no time.
But this don't happen to violet + this version of P.E. CAF.
Well, so long. Have a nice day!

PS:
If you are using the same ANXCamera Modded from here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/red...odded-t3927012
you need to download the newest release from here:
https://github.com/XEonAX/ANXCamera/releases/
the release note of newest ver114:
Torch Fix by @luffitys, Build for OTA Bootloop Fix by @Dyneteve
Seems all mighty author already fixed this issue. I believe this will prevent further boot loop.



---------- Post added at 04:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by farsim47

Im using the latest updated version of this caf rom
User experience is not as smooth as the older earlier version was
I want to go back to older version,,the battery backup was superb also,,,
I just installed it,i must use it for a while then say things like this,but i can say this much surely that the older rom was much optimized than this one
Wiped factory reset,nd flashed pe rom
Maybe i needed a clean flash- format data+wipe everything,thn flash frimware thn pe rom
I want that smooth experience back

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------


What should i do?

I was downgraded from new version to the old one before. You don't need to clean flash the old one, just dirty flash it over the new one.
(Means you don't need to formant / wipe anything.)
18th June 2019, 07:43 AM |#256  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 62
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperGG

Hi, Thanks for your kindly remind on a full backup, I already had one.
From @Dwughjsd 's reply, I realized that I have installed ANXCamera, and this may be the issue.
Since currently I don't have access to the phone, I will test and post the result later.
For TWRP builds, I was using Peter's(PeterCxy) newest builds which is version 3.3.1-6, It's working for both official MIUI(CAF), and P.E. CAF.
Have a nice day![COLOR="Silver"]

I messed up my device, had to format /data again and finally found the cause is the ANXCamera (through GitHub)! I just lost all my files in internel storage

Now I'm much happier as my experience can help others.
18th June 2019, 10:51 AM |#257  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Battery runs out of juice quicker in the new version
Maybe its only me who is facing this issue
Help anyone
18th June 2019, 12:59 PM |#258  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Official Google Camera App crashing on latest Caf build 16/06/219
Official Google Camera App crashing on latest Caf build 16/06/219
18th June 2019, 08:44 PM |#259  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vedanta02

Official Google Camera App crashing on latest Caf build 16/06/219

anyone else report this bug on CAF? (Just to know before flash)
Only Gcam is not working or also other cameras (custom gcams)?

Edit:
Conforme, standard GCam crashes on CAF. With ANX Camera + fix 48 mpx Is working at all effects (only on CAF, on AOSP Is not sure)
19th June 2019, 05:56 AM |#260  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTommy

anyone else report this bug on CAF? (Just to know before flash)
Only Gcam is not working or also other cameras (custom gcams)?

Edit:
Conforme, standard GCam crashes on CAF. With ANX Camera + fix 48 mpx Is working at all effects (only on CAF, on AOSP Is not sure)

Yeah, new ANX Cam works pretty well https://forum.xda-developers.com/red...-roms-t3927978
I even uninstall default cam app and Pixel launcher to go full CPL launcher and Gcam port + ANXCam
If you have issue with QR scan, install ANXCam also helps fix, i dont say for all the apps as I dont use that many, but some of them fixed.

---------- Post added at 04:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by farsim47

Battery runs out of juice quicker in the new version
Maybe its only me who is facing this issue
Help anyone

Yes, I experience the same, battery drains faster than before. It also causes charging slower.
19th June 2019, 07:08 PM |#261  
Senior Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 40
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnt86

Yeah, new ANX Cam works pretty well https://forum.xda-developers.com/red...-roms-t3927978
I even uninstall default cam app and Pixel launcher to go full CPL launcher and Gcam port + ANXCam
If you have issue with QR scan, install ANXCam also helps fix, i dont say for all the apps as I dont use that many, but some of them fixed.

---------- Post added at 04:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 AM ----------



Yes, I experience the same, battery drains faster than before. It also causes charging slower.

CAF or AOSP worse battery now?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes