I presume the bootloader is unlocked on your device.
The things you need are (Links are provided below):
1: VB meta and Peter’s TWRP (zip)
2: Platform tools (latest)
- Install Platform Tools to windows
- First turn off the phone, and put it to fastboot mode by pressing the “Power button" and holding the "Volume down button" and release them when the fastboot mode screen appears.
- Connect the phone to PC by USB cable, Place the “vbmeta.img” in a folder, hold shift and right click the blank space in the folder and select “Open powershell window here” (command prompt for windows 7)
- Type fastboot devices and enter , you will see your device in the list.
- Enter the command “fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img” and press enter.
- After flashing vb meta, Its time to flash TWRP to retain the ability to flash rom again. To do that, place the “recovery.img” file in the same folder as “vbmeta.img”. open the powershell again by the method above, enter the command “fastboot devices” to ensure the device is connected. After that, enter the command “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img”, you will get success message below.
- Now hold the “Power button” and “Volume up Button” and release the “Power button” as soon as the redmi logo appears while still holding the “Volume up button” till the twrp logo appears.
- Flash Rom and you are set.
If you are trying to flash MIUI,
- Download latest MIflash tool here and install it on windows.
- Download latest fastboot rom for Note 7 Pro from below link and place the folder on desktop
- Open MIflash tool and put device to fastboot (steps to boot to fastboot are above), connect to pc via USB, click the refresh button on the flash tool and start.
- The tool takes approx 400-500 seconds to complete , once its finished it will show in a green coloured text that its successfully completed.
* I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
* Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it!
* YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
* Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
* Same statement for XDA.