FORUMS

[GUIDE] [VIOLET] Recover from The system has destroyed screen on Note 7 Pro

11 posts
Thanks Meter: 8

By Nihar2312, Junior Member on 9th August 2019, 07:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This guide is to help you recover from “The system has destroyed screen” on Redmi Note 7 Pro
I presume the bootloader is unlocked on your device.

The things you need are (Links are provided below):

1: VB meta and Peter’s TWRP (zip)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kd...Sj8OlXLTfpRjNN

2: Platform tools (latest)
https://developer.android.com/studio...platform-tools

• Install Platform Tools to windows
  • First turn off the phone, and put it to fastboot mode by pressing the “Power button" and holding the "Volume down button" and release them when the fastboot mode screen appears.
  • Connect the phone to PC by USB cable, Place the “vbmeta.img” in a folder, hold shift and right click the blank space in the folder and select “Open powershell window here” (command prompt for windows 7)
  • Type fastboot devices and enter , you will see your device in the list.
  • Enter the command “fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img” and press enter.
  • After flashing vb meta, Its time to flash TWRP to retain the ability to flash rom again. To do that, place the “recovery.img” file in the same folder as “vbmeta.img”. open the powershell again by the method above, enter the command “fastboot devices” to ensure the device is connected. After that, enter the command “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img”, you will get success message below.
  • Now hold the “Power button” and “Volume up Button” and release the “Power button” as soon as the redmi logo appears while still holding the “Volume up button” till the twrp logo appears.
  • Flash Rom and you are set.

If you are trying to flash MIUI,
  • Download latest MIflash tool here and install it on windows.
  • https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=889764386195900328
  • Download latest fastboot rom for Note 7 Pro from below link and place the folder on desktop
  • http://en.miui.com/a-234.html
  • Open MIflash tool and put device to fastboot (steps to boot to fastboot are above), connect to pc via USB, click the refresh button on the flash tool and start.
  • The tool takes approx 400-500 seconds to complete , once its finished it will show in a green coloured text that its successfully completed.

Enjoy

DISCLAIMER
* I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
* Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it!
* YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
* Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
* Same statement for XDA.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nihar2312 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nihar2312 Ad-Free
10th August 2019, 03:43 AM |#2  
Flag Utter Pradesh
Thanks Meter: 8

Donate to Me
More
This Video can also help how to flash Note 7 Pro Using MI flash tool..
https://youtu.be/t8zqIMw-Zsc
6th September 2019, 04:16 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
i tried but after this step
Enter the command “fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img” and press enter.
it gives error disable verity unknown command. if i use fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img it flashes sucessfully, i then install custom recovery and that flashess correctly too but when booting to recovery it still says system destoyed.
The Following User Says Thank You to ustaadg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ustaadg Ad-Free
6th September 2019, 07:21 AM |#4  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 29

Donate to Me
More
I recovered from the same issue with a newer fastboot version and LOS Twrp
Quote:
Originally Posted by ustaadg

i tried but after this step
Enter the command “fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img” and press enter.
it gives error disable verity unknown command. if i use fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img it flashes sucessfully, i then install custom recovery and that flashess correctly too but when booting to recovery it still says system destoyed.

I got this same issue and then I downloaded the newer fastboot from a third party site. I assume you would had installed ADB and Fastboot systemwide(The one that requires Y as an answer and runs in blue command prompt) That one is like 1.3. You need to install a newer fastboot for this command to work.

I am not sure which one was it that I had but I am adding the link to the same. Newer Fastboot and added vbmeta

Also, I didn't install the Peter's Recovery because I was installing Lineage OS and used the recover_twistloop with wrappedkey for the same
Original Thread Here: LinegaOS16_RN7Pro

One more important thing: I didn't use "fasboot boot <recovery>" for it. I turned off the device and then used "Power Key + Volume Up". At first it didn't work but after one reboot it worked, and this is the only method I am using to go into recovery NOT VIA FASTBOOT or from inside the system. You can try it but it didn't work.

“fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img”

P.S: I thought it was verify the first time I saw it.
Also, I really hope you are not going to install MIUI either via Fastboot or Recovery. If you are going to do check roll-back protection. First check your current roll back index and check the rollback in fastboot folder of the Fasboot ROM that you are going to install. More details here. WARNING. MUST READ THIS ARTICLE IF YOU ARE THINKING OF RE-FLASHING MIUI/EUMIUI AT ANY POINT OF TIME.
You will be doomed if you didn't read this. And not in a usual way like a bricked phone. You will need to visit the service center and maybe a month wait for the device to get fixed
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ni6hant For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ni6hant Ad-Free
7th September 2019, 09:59 PM |#5  

More
Thanks for replying. I downloaded fastboot rom and flashed that with clear all and lock option.
Unlocked again, installed evolution rom and even tried aosipderpfest but whenever I tried installing magisk or after reboot phone stuck on phone is starting and it won't start, I can access settings but nothing else.
Finally wooed everything, installed EU rom then evolution rom. Then magisk now everything is smooth.
8th September 2019, 04:16 PM |#6  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I installed the latest IN Global firmware
Now I have the message
"This MIUI version can't be installed on this device" and the unlock is gone

Now when I try with XiaoMiFlash I have error: "Flash xbl error"

And miunlock says 99% This device is not bound to this account

I don't know what to do now
9th September 2019, 03:47 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spleeny97

I installed the latest IN Global firmware
Now I have the message
"This MIUI version can't be installed on this device" and the unlock is gone

Now when I try with XiaoMiFlash I have error: "Flash xbl error"

And miunlock says 99% This device is not bound to this account

I don't know what to do now

Xbk eror is related to baseband lock. I saw one video where following was mentioned
Put phone in fastboot mode
In adb use command fastboot oemlock
After that reboot and follow the miflash method with bottom option erase and lock selected. You need to download fastboot rom.
After you set up the device again. Go to developer settings and enable oem unlock and bind the account from there
10th September 2019, 08:55 AM |#8  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 4

More
(bootloader) Device is already locked!
"Flash xbl error"

I tried
violet_images_V10.3.10.0.PFHCNXM_20190725.0000.00_ 9.0_cn
violet_images_V10.2.5.0.PFHCNXM_20190316.0000.00_9 .0_cn
2nd December 2019, 10:17 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
osm bro you just save me thnx alot bruh
14th January 2020, 06:05 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I tried to go back to miui11 from pixel experience(10) by flashing a fastboot rom using mi flashtool (clean and lock). the result of flashing is shown as successful but the device is not booting, instead it is showing 'the system has been destroyed'. i tried unlock the device using mi unlock and it unlocked succesfully and booted succesfully . then i locked the device using the command 'fastboot oem lock' and rebooted. but the eroor 'the system has been destroyed is coming'. after several attempts i found that locking bootloader is causing the error. can anybody tell why is this happening and way to succesfully lock my bootloader.
The Following User Says Thank You to dineshp953 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dineshp953 Ad-Free
22nd March 2020, 02:48 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dineshp953

I tried to go back to miui11 from pixel experience(10) by flashing a fastboot rom using mi flashtool (clean and lock). the result of flashing is shown as successful but the device is not booting, instead it is showing 'the system has been destroyed'. i tried unlock the device using mi unlock and it unlocked succesfully and booted succesfully . then i locked the device using the command 'fastboot oem lock' and rebooted. but the eroor 'the system has been destroyed is coming'. after several attempts i found that locking bootloader is causing the error. can anybody tell why is this happening and way to succesfully lock my bootloader.

did you found the solution??
i am getting the same error
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)