[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP-3.3.0 [Lavender]

Search This thread

letsmakecakes

Apr 11, 2017
Dhaka
https%3A%2F%2Fwww.neuraldump.net%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F05%2Fteamwin.png

Code:
/*
 * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
 * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
 * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
 * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
 * Same statement for XDA.
 */
Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system, functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. It is, therefore, often installed when rooting Android devices, although it isn't dependent on a device being rooted to be installed.

Notes for themers: In addition to the udpated theme, we have introduced a theme version variable to the TWRP theme system. If the theme version does not match the version that TWRP expects, TWRP will reject the custom theme and load its stock theme. This change will ensure that people who update TWRP without updating their theme will still have a workable recovery. We have removed libjpeg support. The stock theme was only using a jpeg image for the splash / curtain. This change means that any custom themes will no longer be able to use jpeg images. It also means that tools used to repack recovery images with a different curtain / splash will need to be updated to use the new method.

Version number notes: For a while we’ve been using a 4 digit version number and reserved the 4th digit for device-specific updates. For instance, we find and fix a device-specific issue like decryption of data on Nexus 5, we would release that as a 2.8.7.1. After a while, some people would start asking where 2.8.7.1 was for other devices. So, going forward we have decided to change the numbering scheme to 3.0.0-2, etc. Our hope is that this version numbering scheme will more clearly identify that the 4th digit does not indicate a version change for the code base.

We need your help! The bulk of TWRP work is done by 3 people on a volunteer basis. We have pushed most of our device files to our github and we have a gerrit instance. If you have the ability, please help us maintain our official devices and/or add your device to our official device list. Thanks in advance!

How to Flash :
  • Download the twrp image
  • Open terminal/cmd in the folder where u have downloaded the twrp image
  • Connect your phone to pc and enter fastboot mode (press power and volume button together)
  • type in terminal : fastboot flash recovery twrp_lavender.img
  • Reboot to system by typing : fastboot reboot or reboot to recovery by holding power and volume up button

Bugs :
  • Encryption (MIUI)

Download Link :
Click Here

XDA:DevDB Information
[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP-3.3.0 [Lavender], ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7

Contributors
letsmakecakes
Source Code: https://github.com/TeamWin

ROM OS Version: 4.2.x Jelly Bean

Version Information

Created 2019-04-23
Last Updated 2019-04-24

Last edited:

SuperJohnson

Nov 21, 2017
Thanks. If I undesrstand well, we have to set encryption off before we flash it for the first time to get it work?

DarthJabba9

Recognized Developer
May 5, 2014
Greater London
every time I want to enter recovery always asks for a password and decrypt data?
The OP said that there is a bug with encryption. That is what you are experiencing. You either have to wait until the encryption issue is solved, or, you have to format your data partition (which, of course, means that you will lose all the contents of your internal storage).

letsmakecakes

Apr 11, 2017
Dhaka
every time I want to enter recovery always asks for a password and decrypt data?

Well yeah , if you are on miui it will keep asking for password to decrypt data...
For now what you can do is , put ur stuffs that u wanna flash on sd card while on a rom and then reboot to twrp and flash it...
Unless the rom has decryption method , all roms will have similar issues with this twrp

hussein1

Mar 17, 2013
New York City
The OP said that there is a bug with encryption. That is what you are experiencing. You either have to wait until the encryption issue is solved, or, you have to format your data partition (which, of course, means that you will lose all the contents of your internal storage).

Thank you man i waiting for OrangeFox recovery for redmi note 7 by you:p
I love you OrangeFox:D

Julex

Jul 31, 2008
Hallo,
I install twpr, all succesfull. But I reboot Volume + and power boot only Redmi recovery 3.0. Thank you for help. Redmi Note 7 Global

pitozko

Jan 25, 2012
If you install recovery on stable build of miui you will lost twrp after reboot. You have to flash custom rom like xiaomi.eu rom right after flashing twrp

kennyk09

Mar 24, 2009
feels risky to use ROM created by someone who states "Never trust anyone too much, remember the devil was once an angel." in his signature..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fwww.neuraldump.net%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F05%2Fteamwin.png

Code:
    /*
     * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
     * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
     * Same statement for XDA.
     */
    Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system, functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. It is, therefore, often installed when rooting Android devices, although it isn't dependent on a device being rooted to be installed.

Notes for themers: In addition to the udpated theme, we have introduced a theme version variable to the TWRP theme system. If the theme version does not match the version that TWRP expects, TWRP will reject the custom theme and load its stock theme. This change will ensure that people who update TWRP without updating their theme will still have a workable recovery. We have removed libjpeg support. The stock theme was only using a jpeg image for the splash / curtain. This change means that any custom themes will no longer be able to use jpeg images. It also means that tools used to repack recovery images with a different curtain / splash will need to be updated to use the new method.

Version number notes: For a while we’ve been using a 4 digit version number and reserved the 4th digit for device-specific updates. For instance, we find and fix a device-specific issue like decryption of data on Nexus 5, we would release that as a 2.8.7.1. After a while, some people would start asking where 2.8.7.1 was for other devices. So, going forward we have decided to change the numbering scheme to 3.0.0-2, etc. Our hope is that this version numbering scheme will more clearly identify that the 4th digit does not indicate a version change for the code base.

We need your help! The bulk of TWRP work is done by 3 people on a volunteer basis. We have pushed most of our device files to our github and we have a gerrit instance. If you have the ability, please help us maintain our official devices and/or add your device to our official device list. Thanks in advance!

How to Flash :
    • Download the twrp image
    • Open terminal/cmd in the folder where u have downloaded the twrp image
    • Connect your phone to pc and enter fastboot mode (press power and volume button together)
    • type in terminal : fastboot flash recovery twrp_lavender.img
    • Reboot to system by typing : fastboot reboot or reboot to recovery by holding power and volume up button

Bugs :
    • Encryption (MIUI)

Download Link :
    Click Here

XDA:DevDB Information
    [RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP-3.3.0 [Lavender], ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7

Contributors
    letsmakecakes
    Source Code: https://github.com/TeamWin

ROM OS Version: 4.2.x Jelly Bean

Version Information

Created 2019-04-23
    Last Updated 2019-04-24
    TWRP will be updated this week with new features and fixes.
    Is there a forum for this orange fox recovery for lavender?
    Nope, because it is not released yet. What people are doing is posting betas. When it is released, I will create a thread for it.
    TWRP has been updated with fixed encryption.