Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It's a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.
#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * Your warranty is now void. * * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. * */
- All function in a normal TWRP
- Multi-language support
- Supports MTP
- Support decrypt /data!
1. Install fastboot tools from google's sdk on your PC
2. Enter fastboot mode
3. Unlock your bootloader
4. Run "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" in command line
5. Reboot and enjoy it
- Due to a bug in android pie, the recovery may ask for pattern if you have set PIN/password for encryption (and vice-versa). Unfortunately, to fix this you need to format your data partition and ask the developer of ROM to include this commit.
- When you flash twrp for the first time in MIUI you need to goto Wipe > Format Data otherwise you won't be able to boot to system as it will ask for password.
- GAPPS FIX: In TWRP, goto Mount > system_root and try reflashing.
How is it different from other TWRPs available for lavender ?
This build uses standalone decryption which is better than the recoveries using vold decrypt as vold decrypt will fail if system ROM is corrupt or wiped
Huge thanks to @abhishek987 and @vasishath for helping
@tufadorin @faraz shafi (For testing)