FORUMS

[ROM][9] LineageOS 16.0 for Redmi Note 7

2,429 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,250
 
By DarkJoker360, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 19th July 2019, 06:21 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,



LineageOS 16.0 for Redmi Note 7

*** Stable Version ***

About
Code:
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. Lineage OS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
Working
Code:
* Touchscreen * Adb / Mtp * Audio * Boot * Bluethoot * Internal/External storage * Sensors * Wifi * RIL * Camera
Installation
Code:
* go to TWRP and do a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik/art cache) ! * install LineageOS ROM * boot the rom * reboot in TWRP and flash gapps and root (optional) * reboot system * Enjoy !!!
Update
Code:
* copy the new update of LineageOS to Internal/External Storage * reboot device to TWRP * wipe cache & dalvik cache * install the new update of LineageOS * reboot to System * reboot system * Enjoy !!!
Download

Credits:
@DarkDroiddev
@subdragonzj
@GuaiYiHU
@AmulyaX

Please support my work, it's very important! Thanks
DONATIONS

Regards !


XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7

Contributors
DarkJoker360
Source Code: http://github.com/DarkJoker360

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Latest MIUI with unlocked bootloader and TWRP
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Status: Testing
Current Stable Version: 16.0
Stable Release Date: 2019-07-17

Created 2019-07-19
Last Updated 2019-07-19
The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to DarkJoker360 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th July 2019, 06:28 PM |#2  
DarkJoker360's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Aradeo
Thanks Meter: 3,250
 
Donate to Me
More
** Reserved **

This release wasn't even planned as there is a build already. Well I did a private build for testing purposes as I want to ship OTA updates in this rom soon and some users asked to me to upload on xda. So guys, soon I will provide OTA updates here... this doesn't mean that the rom will be official, for now this device can't pass Lineage official requirements but in a near future I hope to let it pass and make this official.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DarkJoker360 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th July 2019, 07:19 PM |#3  
ahadrox's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cox's Bazar
Thanks Meter: 61
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJoker360

** Reserved **

This release wasn't even planned as there is a build already. Well I did a private build for testing purposes as I want to ship OTA updates in this rom soon and some users asked to me to upload on xda. So guys, soon I will provide OTA updates here... this doesn't mean that the rom will be official, for now this device can't pass Lineage official requirements but in a near future I hope to let it pass and make this official.


Can you explain why this device can't pass LOS official requirements?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ahadrox For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ahadrox Ad-Free
19th July 2019, 07:46 PM |#4  
DarkJoker360's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Aradeo
Thanks Meter: 3,250
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahadrox

Can you explain why this device can't pass LOS official requirements?

The problem is the issue with hal3 and hal1
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DarkJoker360 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th July 2019, 09:43 PM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
Does the proximity sensor in calls work?
19th July 2019, 11:10 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 49
 
More
Thanks for sharing @DarkJoker360!
Got a couple of questions.
Would be nice if someone's gonna share his experience.
Selinux enforcing?
Hal3 switch?
Stock kernel?
20th July 2019, 12:04 AM |#7  
DarkJoker360's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Aradeo
Thanks Meter: 3,250
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hattorihansou

Thanks for sharing @DarkJoker360!
Got a couple of questions.
Would be nice if someone's gonna share his experience.
Selinux enforcing?
Hal3 switch?
Stock kernel?

triple yes man !
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DarkJoker360 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th July 2019, 12:07 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 49
 
More
Molto fantastico, grazie!
20th July 2019, 04:18 AM |#9  
smeatr0n's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Langley
Thanks Meter: 236
 
More
Neat! I'll try this out right now. Anybody know if cast works?
20th July 2019, 06:25 AM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJoker360

The problem is the issue with hal3 and hal1

Can you please elaborate more on this issue! All ROMS here on XDA have the same HAL1/HAL3 changes on their changelogs. What exactly is the issue? AFAIK lavender comes with HAL3 enabled by default. But still there are issues, therefore i do see that many ROMS here either include HAL1/HAL3 switch in the settings or not include HAL1 legacy support at all.
So please do tell me, what exactly is the issue preventing Redmi Note 7 from getting the official LineageOS support and what is the whole thing about HAL3/HAL1 on this device?
20th July 2019, 07:48 AM |#11  
DarkJoker360's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Aradeo
Thanks Meter: 3,250
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by g2raza

Can you please elaborate more on this issue! All ROMS here on XDA have the same HAL1/HAL3 changes on their changelogs. What exactly is the issue? AFAIK lavender comes with HAL3 enabled by default. But still there are issues, therefore i do see that many ROMS here either include HAL1/HAL3 switch in the settings or not include HAL1 legacy support at all.
So please do tell me, what exactly is the issue preventing Redmi Note 7 from getting the official LineageOS support and what is the whole thing about HAL3/HAL1 on this device?

Lineage requirements want all camera hal versions working and here they aren' t.
if you use hal3 you will have problems with videocalls but you can use gcam.
with hal1 there aren' t problems but you can't use gcam.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DarkJoker360 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes