Battery Drain !

Search This thread

xcrpt

rn7 3/32
2% drain battery in 30 minute without use.
it looks problem in 10.3.5
No, it's not miui matter.
I sleep arround 4 hours and it just drain 2% (from 75% to 73%).
I think ur device draining faster is because ur background apps, services, or etc. :fingers-crossed:

I've the exact same problem ! What should I do ? Should I contact my MI service center ? Or wait for the next update
Is ur bootloader still locked or u have unlock it?

Last edited:

youraj

Aug 14, 2014
i go to 2 different service centre
both say
battery drain because high specification+background running app.
battery drain ing with(more)/without(less) use of mobile.
no other solution for it, at present.

xcrpt

both say
Yeah, it can also be a reason for sure.
But, the 3rd installed apps, the services of the bloatware, or the background cached app, it can also make ur device drain more faster.

Mine got 9h SOT.
+ Debloat all mi apps (except music, calculator, calendar, etc)
+ Installed module (magisk): lkt and sys config patcher
+ Flash Evira kernel 2.0
+ Installed apps: naptime and kernel auditor to change the governor of kernel to alucardsched

Now i feel freedom.

Locked, it's only a week old
I think it because of xiaomi service (framework).
I have debloat it with the saki tool, non-root user can use too.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeDragoX and Andrio
But, the 3rd installed apps, the services of the bloatware, or the background cached app, it can also make ur device drain more faster.

Mine got 9h SOT.
+ Flash Evira kernel 2.0
+ Installed apps: naptime and kernel auditor to change the governor of kernel to alucardsched

Now i feel freedom.

If I restrict the Xiaomi service framework, will it disrupt the functioning of the device ?

robo_droid

Dec 30, 2013

Mine got 9h SOT.
+ Flash Evira kernel 2.0

Now i feel freedom.

unlock boot loader will erase all data? there are to much data on my phone.. i just want to root my phone, and tweak like yours.. what tweaking for magisk??

xcrpt

unlock boot loader will erase all data? there are to much data on my phone.. i just want to root my phone, and tweak like yours.. what tweaking for magisk??
Yes of course, after you click unlock on mi unlock tool suddenly ur phone will erase all data.
You can backup first one by one, after you ready, you can unlock ur bootloader, be safe :fingers-crossed:

Quaresma_7

Dec 22, 2011
It seemed to me that VoLTE might be causing battery drain on my Note 7. After a few hours of not using the phone, where I'd normally expect the battery level to drop by 0.5% an hour, it was much more than that. Although I have to admit that I sometimes used Whatsapp Web in those periods and one of those cases might have been affected by that. I'm also using 2 SIM cards, both on 4G but the other carrier does not support VoLTE, so it was always off.

So to test things out I've had VoLTE disabled for a few days now and idle battery use seems to be more economical. This is inconclusive, I have to test with and without VoLTE for a bit longer, but have you guys maybe experienced this?

Regarding the Li-Po battery, as it is non-replaceable, I started taking better care of it than on my previous phones. I use AccuBattery to notify me to unplug the charger before the battery reaches 80%. Also, I tend to charge it from 15 to 75% or so whenever I don't need long battery hours. I recharge fully if I know I'll need a lot of juice, but the phone's battery is quite large, so I'd like to preserve it when possible. Battery University says frequent deep discharges (nearing 0%) are harmful to your battery, while AccuBattery says the only issue is high voltage (when the battery is at 80–100%). They coincide in the high voltage issue, but AccuBattery tries to disprove BU's claims about deep discharges.
To be on the safe side, I'm trying to keep it in the middle for now. What are your opinions about this?

Last edited:
Reactions: maztfajarwahyudi

taynansombra

Jun 1, 2019
My phone battery was at 27% before I sleep. I put it in economy mode and when I woke up (4 hours later) it was 12%.
I desativate all my background apps, Facebook, Whatsapp and even so it is drainning so fast.

awandroid89

Jul 23, 2011
Somewhere in XDA
mine is the same as yours from 100 to 97 real quick but noticeably slower battery drain from 90 to below.

Yes same as me... Noticed weird battery level from 100-90%...

both say

Their just following script. Customer service need to hear and verify 1st. Not just following script with irresponsible answer.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    both say

Mine got 9h SOT.
    + Flash Evira kernel 2.0

Now i feel freedom.

Locked, it's only a week old
    It seemed to me that VoLTE might be causing battery drain on my Note 7. After a few hours of not using the phone, where I'd normally expect the battery level to drop by 0.5% an hour, it was much more than that. Although I have to admit that I sometimes used Whatsapp Web in those periods and one of those cases might have been affected by that. I'm also using 2 SIM cards, both on 4G but the other carrier does not support VoLTE, so it was always off.

So to test things out I've had VoLTE disabled for a few days now and idle battery use seems to be more economical. This is inconclusive, I have to test with and without VoLTE for a bit longer, but have you guys maybe experienced this?

Regarding the Li-Po battery, as it is non-replaceable, I started taking better care of it than on my previous phones. I use AccuBattery to notify me to unplug the charger before the battery reaches 80%. Also, I tend to charge it from 15 to 75% or so whenever I don't need long battery hours. I recharge fully if I know I'll need a lot of juice, but the phone's battery is quite large, so I'd like to preserve it when possible. Battery University says frequent deep discharges (nearing 0%) are harmful to your battery, while AccuBattery says the only issue is high voltage (when the battery is at 80–100%). They coincide in the high voltage issue, but AccuBattery tries to disprove BU's claims about deep discharges.
    To be on the safe side, I'm trying to keep it in the middle for now. What are your opinions about this?