[RECOVERY][begonia][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP recovery for Redmi Note 8 Pro

Search This thread

Adlon

Jul 3, 2013
there is a new recovery from LR.Team. Found on mifirm.
version is: 3.3.1-1104 release date: 05.12.2019 i have found no changelog.. i have install this on global device and its work.
i am not sure if i can post the link here..

Reactions: farman.mansoori.ff

ScarletVeil

Nov 26, 2019
there is a new recovery from LR.Team. Found on mifirm.
version is: 3.3.1-1104 release date: 05.12.2019 i have found no changelog.. i have install this on global device and its work.
i am not sure if i can post the link here..

You could post mi forum link here and let Op update his post

Can I assume you could read Chinese, does it works for Android 10 beta China?

Reactions: Xamyt1988

Adlon

Jul 3, 2013
I cannot read Chinese, the Recovery is in english und chinese* have not tested IT yet with Android 10

donkyshot

Dec 19, 2011
Redmi Note 8 Pro
I'm on 10.4.5 PGGEUXM with twrp and root (magisk) without any problems.
How to update to 11.0.2.0?
Normally I'd just flash full ROM (not incremental ota) and flash magisk. Will this work?
Or should I unroot first, clean flash 10.4.5 and update ota and then root again? I can't risk bricking phone, this is my daily driver.

lightman33

Dec 14, 2007
Not sure it's a good idea if you really need a rooted phone because 10.X ROM seems to be more easily rooted.
But if you want to go to 11.X rom, you need :
- to download a full rom on xiaomi website
- to use the flash_all_except_userdata script (.sh or .bat, depend on your operating system)
- to flash twrp again (use twrp-3.3.1-0924.img version)
- to boot to recovery to flash Close AVB2.0 and flash root (magisk 19.4)

My phone is working well with a V11.0.2.0.PGGMIXM ROM but I lost root last week. I don't know why, I have easily flash twrp and magisk again to retrieve root.
Hope it will help you.

donkyshot

Dec 19, 2011
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Not sure it's a good idea if you really need a rooted phone because 10.X ROM seems to be more easily rooted.
But if you want to go to 11.X rom, you need :
- to download a full rom on xiaomi website
- to use the flash_all_except_userdata script (.sh or .bat, depend on your operating system)
- to flash twrp again (use twrp-3.3.1-0924.img version)
- to boot to recovery to flash Close AVB2.0 and flash root (magisk 19.4)

My phone is working well with a V11.0.2.0.PGGMIXM ROM but I lost root last week. I don't know why, I have easily flash twrp and magisk again to retrieve root.
Hope it will help you.

So in that case I better wait till official Android 10 and hopefully more development on recovery and ROM. I wasn't expecting a lot of development because of mediatek.
But basic recovery, root,kernel and miui development would be nice.

mmedei9

Jan 10, 2013
Wanted to post in this thread to say that the TWRP posted by OP works. I followed more detailed instructions found on other threads but used this recovery.

Installed the recovery and rooted my global rom with global firmware (11.0.2) without issues.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2HtVAF5zfNMlmKhF0QYqCSr1rsstB1btNfdKl7WvGTcZkOSKCYNxdXwsSizx9VhiPg

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It's a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Features:
    All function in a normal TWRP
    Supports English and Chinese
    Supports MTP

Install guide:
    1. Install fastboot tools from google's sdk on your PC
    2. Enter fastboot mode
    3. Unlock your bootloader
    4. Run "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" in command line
    5. Reboot and enjoy it

Download:
    *click*
    Can you please share your experience with the thermals i am confused:confused:
    don’t listen to anyone about heating, I’m a fan of MMORPG, I play every day for 2-3 hours in a row on the phone and all those who say the phone heats up to 50-52 degrees, this is not true, after 2 hours of play I have the phone warmed up 46 degrees, under the cover it feels like normal heating, I advise you to take this phone, you will not regret it
    Yeah it worked as the thread says that's a good start hope someone port rom or gcam also.
    HOW TO FLASH TWRP FOR THE FIRST TIME

Bootloader should be unlocked before going into these steps

Install minimal adb & fastboot tools on your PC

1. Copy twrp.img file into minimal adb & fastboot folder...also into your phone's Sdcard.

2. Goto fastboot mode by long pressing volumeUp+PowerButton.
    Phone boots into fastboot mode. Now Connect your phone to pc.

3. Open cmd/powershell in minimal adb& fastboot folder.

4. Now in the cmd type fastboot boot twrp.img

Now your phone boots into TWRP.

5. From booted TWRP, goto Wipe>FormatData>type YES.

6. Now goto Install and select your twrp.img from your sdcard and flash it targeting RECOVERY.

7. Goto Reboot>Click recovery.
    Your phone again boots into TWRP.
    Now you have TWRP installed.

DONT REBOOT INTO SYSTEM NOW ELSE YOUR TWRP WLL BE REPLACED BY STOCK RECOVERY.

8. To keep twrp forever, Flash disable-force-encryption-treble zip file.
    Above file also installs magisk. So, if you dont want root, flash magisk uninstaller next after flashing above file.

9. Finally reboot into system.

NOTE: do it at your own risk.
    Flash latest fastboot rom of your device if something goes wrong.

I finally did it and then i saw your explenation, but at step 2 you need to pres volume - to get into fastboot

What i did:

Step 1: adb and fastboot, and I placed the recovery.img in the folder
    Step 2: Rebooted phone into fastboot (can done with volume - and power) or with adb command: "adb reboot bootloader" when phone is android.
    Step 3a: I typed the command: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img (to install recovery)
    Step 3b: I typed the command: fastboot boot recovery.img (to boot in recovery)
    I did both these just to make sure, but perhaps just 1 of the above works as well)

Step 4: fastboot reboot recovery (if you only choose step3a) , with step 3b it will reboot a few seconds after enter.
    Important: When the phone reboots, press now the volume + button, this is to get into recovery!

After this i finally hard twrp recovery.

Step 5: Install in twrp again the twrp recovery (recovery.img) onto the recovery partitition (to keep it forever, i mounted the phone to place it on the internal disk)
    Step 5B: reboot into recovery (and it did)
    Step 6: Install magisk 19.3 (for root)
    Step 7: Reboot into system and I was rooted!

Some guides tell to format data, I didn't because I didn't want to set EVERYTHING up again after losing it with unlocking bootloader
    But everything works, if I will run into issues I will update this message.
    I also didn't install the: disable-force-encryption-treble zip file. because in telegram groups and other guides they also don't talk about it.

Files I needed after unlocking bootloader:
    ADB drivers + fastboot
    Recovery from 1st post
    Magisk 19.3

on: Redmi Note 8 Pro, Glabal version, running: miui 10.4.5
    Rooted and Running
    You've tried so hard to be funny, but you failed so much :( Do u even heard about bootloader lock by Xiaomi? In my case I must wait whole week. Maybe next time your attempt to be sarcastic wont be so pathetic :)
    P7lJzyf.png

I didn't mean to. I thought you were searching for a way to access EDL and then use terminal commands, when instead you were looking for unlock. My bad, sorry.

I'm new to xiaomi devices. Why they need so much to allow you to unlock?

EDIT: i tried all the steps. Now I'm on the same state: 168 hours before unlock