[CLOSED][ROM][10.0][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS-17.1 [begonia/begoniain]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Brandroide

Sep 28, 2019
Lamballe
Hi ! It seems I successfuly installed LOS17.1 on my RN8P, thanks to all of you and theimpulson !

I use LOS for 1 week and I just noticed today that opencamera or the main camera app can't access the front camera for selfies.

Do I do something wrong ?

kirinin

Dec 12, 2020
:( I did not read anything about that.

Is there any solution for this ? Do I need to install MIUI instead ?

I'm disappointed :/

I goes back to Miui 12. (without relock bootloader)
Flash Twrp
Flash Magisk
Flash migrate with my backup Apps
Debloat most of the XiaoMi Apps
Run Nova launcher
Now I get all back as before.
with
Front Camera is working
Face unlock
Gpay
Some bank apps with Magisk hided.

Voila!!

donpedrolito

Feb 17, 2021
Hi guys, i just installed lineage os for my redmi note 8 pro and it's work fine
Thanks for this jobs :)

Unfortunately I still have an issue with the finger print. Here the problem :
-> when I try to configure it my phone reboot after few seconds.
-> when i touch the finger print as I would use it, my phone will reboot randomly few minutes after

Have you already encounter this problem and do you have any tips to fix it ?

Thanks !

Last edited:

phoneph

Feb 19, 2021
Hello guys, what do i need to do with zip.md5sum file? And is recocery.img file installing process is the same as every other recovery?

myixl0823

Feb 11, 2021
Hi ! It seems I successfuly installed LOS17.1 on my RN8P, thanks to all of you and theimpulson !

I use LOS for 1 week and I just noticed today that opencamera or the main camera app can't access the front camera for selfies.

Do I do something wrong ?
My front camera is not work too after flash CFW. Tried havoc and lineageOS. official seller in China.

theimpulson

Senior Moderator / Dev Cmt. / RD / Dev Relations
Staff member
Hey guys! This is an announcement that I am dropping support for begonia/in builds. This is due to the fact that I have lost the device from my possession last weekend during outdoor camping and travel trip after exams. Tried a while to find it without any success. Therefore I won't be updating it anymore. In case someone wants to pick up the work, feel free to do so. All of my sources are in the official LineageOS organization. For official 17.1, all you need to do is to enforce sepolicy. If you are able to achieve that, feel free to drop an email to the project for official support or ping me and I will forward your message to the lead developers. The same goes for the TWRP project. It was fun to work on this device. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About LineageOS
    LineageOS is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10.0 (Ten) which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo and if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Official LineageOS website

Downloads Links
    begonia | begoniain

Google Applications (optional) :
    OpenGapps (Use packages for ARM64, Android 10.0, Nano)
    Information: Flash the GApps before the first boot. If not, a clean flash is recommended.

Flashing and updating

LineageOS clean install :

- Boot into the LineageOS recovery.
    - Format data and install the latest LineageOS build
    - Install OpenGAPPS package, if you want GAPPS otherwise skip this step
    - Wipe Dalvik/Cache and Reboot into System

About the builds
    - Device Side Sources are on official org

Issues and reports
    - Report issues only if you use the ROM kernel
    - If an additional mod is installed, make sure it's unrelated, and mention it
    - Make sure the issue wasn't discussed earlier in the threads
    - Share a log of the error and steps to reproduce it

You can also join and help me debug your issues in the following Telegram Group: https://t.me/xiaomi_begonia | Not required but donations are welcome: Paypal

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS-17.1, ROM for the Redmi Note 8 Pro

Contributors
    TheImpulson
    Source Code:
    https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_xiaomi_mt6785

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 17.1
    Stable Release Date: 2020-08-11

Created 2020-03-26
    Last Updated 2020-08-12
    Current Bugs include:
    • The camera doesn't have full resolutions support yet
    • SELinux is Permissive

Don't report bugs related:
    • to CTS failures (LineageOS does not tamper with CTS results)
    • with Magisk (It sets a number of props on boot like changing build type to the user resulting in broken adb root etc)
    • with Custom Kernel, MODs (Report that to MOD maintainer)
    • with non-recommended vendor or builds (Use what is told in instructions)
    So I went over to GitHub to download the latest and greatest and I noticed that the past couple of versions, a recovery.img is now included with the assets. I've searched up and down the commits, bugs, and anything else in English that I could find but nothing on that rather important file. Do I need it for this latest install? I probably should have asked this on Git, but I'm not really familiar with it and where to post what.

Thanks again for all your awesome work!

Well, the story behind recovery.img is simple. Guys at LineageOS wanted to have their own recovery which can install custom zips and stuff and is closer to AOSP as in source code modifications for it to be easier to maintain and support. So, they came up with it. It's now also a must to be working if you want official LineageOS support. So, I am trying to get it working as well. Current versions don't boot at all. Looking around and I hope it will be working soon. I will announce it here, so don't worry about that.

Also, considering Xiaomi released the Q kernel sources, I am working on it, for us to be able to use Q vendor and kernel sources to get more things working. It will take time. I will post regular updates on the thread if I get something working as well.
    Pushed a new update on GitHub Releases. Here is the changelog:

- Updated safe media volume warning level
    - Hided sRGB toggle in developer options
    - Fixed Ambient display and enabled Always on Display
    - Fixed brightness issues by importing overlays from Google Pixel (marlin)
    - Added Trust Hal, see it in Privacy Settings
    - Enable option for full-screen aspect ratio
    - Added notch overlay, this makes center clock and network speed indicator unavailable as they are unsupported with notched devices
    - Added led notification and battery led customization options, see it in Notifications settings
    - Turned on WiFi MAC randomization
    - Hex-edited MTK RIL lib to fix incoming calls
    - Upstreamed kernel to v4.14.158

The hotspot is also working, however, it's buggy. You need to remove SIM cards to make it work. That will be fixed in future builds (hopefully).