FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Touchscreen problem

34 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By osmxgohan, Member on 9th October 2019, 08:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi, today in the morning i noticed an issue with the touchscreen, especially, on the left edge. I noticed that issue while i was writing and trying to switch the key of numbers and letters.

While i try to write and press "?123 or ABC" key, sometimes it doesn't work and i have to press twice.
Have u ever noticed something similar? I have tried by changing the keyboard, restarting, calibrating and I can't fix the issue.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	71764184_2470631843056700_5577396117714239488_n.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	4839563  
10th October 2019, 04:43 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmxgohan

Hi, today in the morning i noticed an issue with the touchscreen, especially, on the left edge. I noticed that issue while i was writing and trying to switch the key of numbers and letters.

While i try to write and press "?123 or ABC" key, sometimes it doesn't work and i have to press twice.
Have u ever noticed something similar? I have tried by changing the keyboard, restarting, calibrating and I can't fix the issue.

Thanks in advance.

I have the same problem
10th October 2019, 09:18 PM |#3  

More
Same too, I use gboard keyboard
12th October 2019, 12:08 AM |#4  
Flag Zrenjanin
Thanks Meter: 96

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmxgohan

Thanks in advance.

What keyboard are you using?
12th October 2019, 07:10 AM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tze_vitamin

What keyboard are you using?

Whatever keypad I use. I've tried several of them, but it's the same.
12th October 2019, 05:04 PM |#6  
OP Member
Flag campeche
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Gogi

Whatever keypad I use. I've tried several of them, but it's the same.

same too , I hope it is not a hardware's issue.
12th October 2019, 10:10 PM |#7  

More
I have the same problem. In my case, the other side of the touchscreen has the same issue as well (Gboard enter button). Did you guys check the touch sensor test (the one in diagnostics menu -> additional tools)? It seems that only two squares are affected. The left and right outermost square in the penultimate row. Try tapping fast, it's sometimes not registering. I really hope this is not a hardware issue though...
13th October 2019, 02:39 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Have you tried to disable screenshot gesture? Please try it and report if the issue are resolved. I don't have a rdm8pro but on other redmi i have the same issue and the screenshot gesture of miui create the problem.
13th October 2019, 05:31 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by intelinside70

Have you tried to disable screenshot gesture? Please try it and report if the issue are resolved. I don't have a rdm8pro but on other redmi i have the same issue and the screenshot gesture of miui create the problem.

Unfortunately it didn't help. The issue is still present.
13th October 2019, 10:00 PM |#10  
Flag Zrenjanin
Thanks Meter: 96

More
Go to settings and tap on kernel couple times and do CIT test of screen
13th October 2019, 11:02 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tze_vitamin

Go to settings and tap on kernel couple times and do CIT test of screen

I already did it. I could observe the same problem while performing the test. I just want to know if it's a widespread issue before I return my phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)