FORUMS

[GUIDE] [begonia] UNBRICK - stuck on DA mode / Authorised Service Account required

681 posts
Thanks Meter: 298

By polfrank, Senior Member on 9th November 2019, 02:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Code:
/*
 * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
 * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
 * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
 * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
 * Same statement for XDA.
 */

IMPORTANT!
As of 24 Feb 2020 a new method has been found to help RN8p users avoid bricking their devices. It is a preventive measure and NOT a curative, as it cannot help users who haven't already flashed the specific preloader of the engineering ROM version prior to bricking. For more information see the xda thread by @Agent_fabulous.

I have created this thread in order to share my experience. I have a Redmi Note 8 Pro that was bricked after flashing a wrong boot.img with TWRP. No fastboot, no recovery, no vibration when pressing the power button. The phone was like dead.

The LED turned on when connected to PC with USB cable. The PC recognised the phone for 5 seconds when holding vol+ before connecting the USB cable. It was recognised as "Mediatek USB port " on Device Manager and after 5 seconds, the PC would lose the connection to the device.

It seems that when holding the vol+ button and connecting the phone to the PC with USB cable, the phone enters to DA mode and waits for a signal that is trying to flash the firmware to it. If the signal doesn't come in the first 5 seconds, the device just gets out of DA mode.

MiFlash does not recognise the phone in this state, as this program can be used only for fastboot flashing.
SP Flash tool recognises the device but returns an "ERROR: STATUS_BROM_CMD_FAIL". This is happening because one has to be logged in with an Authorised Service Account simultaneously when trying to flash with SP Flash Tool. If the authorisation passes, the program starts flashing the firmware to the device.

Requirements
1. MiFlashPro (v4.3.1106.23) downloaded on your pc. (It can be found here.)
2. The stock firmware of your device. (Warning! If you have a Chinese device you have to try with the Chinese firmware. Global device with Global firmware etc. Do not try with Global firmware on Chinese device!)
3. An authorised Service Xiaomi Acount.

The Procedure
0. Unzip your device's firmware.
1. Install MiFlashPro.
2. Navigate to (installation_directory)/MiFlashPro/SP_Flash_Tool/mi and run "account_auth.exe" (Run as administrator). In the window that opens, log in with an authorized Xiaomi Account.
3. Navigate to (installation_directory)/MiFlashPro/SP_Flash_Tool nad run "flash_tool.exe". The SP_Flash_Tool interface opens. Now you have to select the 3 files:
Download-Agent: (installation_directory)/MiFlashPro/SP_Flash_Tool/MTK_AllInOne_DA_mt6765_mt6785.bin
Scatter-loading File: You will find this one on your stock rom folder, especially on the folder called "images".
Authentication File: (installation_directory)/MiFlashPro/SP_Flash_Tool/auth_sv5.auth
4. Press the "Download" button.
5. Connect the USB cable to your PC but NOT YET to your phone.
6. Hold the vol+ button on your phone pressed and NOW connect the cable to it.
7. The program should now react and start the flashing process without giving an error.
8. Wait for the flashing process to end and enjoy!

Sidenote
You surely wonder where you can find an authorised Xiaomi account.
There are rumors that there are people who connect to your PC with remote-desktop programs and provide the log-in details just when they are needed during the flash process. And they get paid for it (~10-15 USD, maybe more).
Another solution would be some mobile-phone technician in you city. He/She may have an authorised account for fixing the phones locally at the store.
You may also be lucky to have a friend with an authorised account.
But I do not know of a valid way to get an authorised account for yourself at the time and age of writing.

Sidenote 2
If I remember correctly, on an older Xiaomi MTK phone, they managed to bypass the authorisation by using a modified DA file. If you don't want to pay for an authorisation service, you can wait for a while. But it is unknown if/when such a file is going to be released for Redmi Note 8 Pro.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sp.png
Views:	12146
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	4870909   Click image for larger version

Name:	folders.png
Views:	12090
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	4870915   Click image for larger version

Name:	dead.jpg
Views:	12060
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	4870927  
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to polfrank For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift polfrank Ad-Free
9th November 2019, 07:16 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by polfrank

I have created this thread in order to share my experience. I have a Redmi Note 8 Pro that was bricked after flashing a wrong boot.img with TWRP. No fastboot, no recovery, no vibration when pressing the power button. the phone was like dead.

The LED turned on when connected to PC with USB cable. The PC recognised the phone for 5 seconds when holding vol+ before connecting the USB cable. It was recognised as "Mediatek USB port " on Device Manager and after 5 seconds, the PC would lose the connection to the device.

It seems that when holding the vol+ button and connecting the phone to the PC with USB cable, the phone enters to DA mode and waits for a signal that is trying to flash the firmware to it. If the signal doesn't come in the first 5 seconds, the device just gets out of DA mode.

MiFlash does not recognise the phone in this state, as this program can be used only for fastboot flashing.
SP Flash tool recognises the device but returns an "ERROR: STATUS_BROM_CMD_FAIL". This is happening because one has to be logged in with an Authorised Service Account simultaneously when trying to flash with SP Flash Tool. If the authorisation passes, the program starts flashing the firmware to the device.

Requirements
1. MiFlashPro (v4.3.1106.23) downloaded on your pc. (It can be found here.)
2. The stock firmware of your device. (Warning! If you have a Chinese device you have to try with the Chinese firmware. Global device with Global firmware etc. Do not try with Global firmware on Chinese device!)
3. An authorised Service Xiaomi Acount.

The Procedure
0. Unpack your device's firmware.
1. Install MiFlashPro.
2. Navigate to (installation_directory)/MiFlashPro/SP_Flash_Tool/mi and run "account_auth.exe" (Run as administrator). In the window that opens, log in with your Xiaomi Account.
3. Navigate to (installation_directory)/MiFlashPro/SP_Flash_Tool nad run "flash_tool.exe". The SP_Flash_Tool interface opens. Now you have to select the 3 files:
Download-Agent: (installation_directory)/MiFlashPro/SP_Flash_Tool/MTK_AllInOne_DA_mt6765_mt6785.bin
Scatter-loading File: You will find this one on your stock rom folder, especially on the folder called "images".
Authentication File: (installation_directory)/MiFlashPro/SP_Flash_Tool/auth_sv5.auth
4. Press the "Download" button.
5. Connect the USB cable to your PC but NOT YET to your phone.
6. Hold the vol+ button on your phone pressed and NOW connect the cable to it.
7. The program should now react and start the flashing process without giving an error.
8. Wait for the flashing process to end enjoy!

Sidenote
You surely wonder where you can find an authorised Xiaomi account.
There are rumors that there are people who connect to your PC with remote-desktop programs and provide the log-in details just when they are needed during the flash process. And they get paid for it (~10-15 USD, maybe more).
Another solution would be some mobile-phone technician in you city. He/She may have an authorised account for fixing the phones locally at the store.
You may also be lucky to have a friend with an authorised account.
But I do not know of a valid way to get an authorised account for yourself at the time and age of writing.

Sidenote 2
If I remember correctly, on an older Xiaomi MTK phone, they managed to bypass the authorisation by using a modified DA file. If you don't want to pay for an authorisation service, you can wait for a while. But it is unknown if/when such a file is going to be released for Redmi Note 8 Pro.

then you can from where for the official account if possible please help I will donate 15usd
9th November 2019, 09:52 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Göteborg

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by itocogan

then you can from where for the official account if possible please help I will donate 15usd

I am sorry but I don't own an authorized Xiaomi account.
10th November 2019, 11:27 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Talking ...
hi... my phone has same case with u ... so i try with your method. but at item 5 until 8 cant response with my laptop... can you suggest to me what i must do? ... sorry my english very bad
10th November 2019, 11:34 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Göteborg

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LepatUbi

hi... my phone has same case with u ... so i try with your method. but at item 5 until 8 cant response with my laptop... can you suggest to me what i must do? ... sorry my english very bad

Try connecting your phone to the PC with USB cable and then hold pwr+volup buttons for more than 5 seconds. Does it work this way?
10th November 2019, 11:43 AM |#6  

More
Quote:

Try connecting your phone to the PC with USB cable and then hold pwr+volup buttons for more than 5 seconds. Does it work this way?

no.. dose not work .. i try with off phone >> Hold power + volUp >> connect usb .. it is correct?...
10th November 2019, 01:02 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Göteborg

More
Quote:

no.. dose not work .. i try with off phone >> Hold power + volUp >> connect usb .. it is correct?...

1st way
1. Connect USB cable only to PC
2. Hold vol+ on phone
3. Connect USB cable to phone (while holding vol+)

2nd way
1. Connect USB cable to PC and phone
2. Hold pwr and vol+ for many seconds, until something happens (led turns on and off and phone is detected by the PC).
11th November 2019, 01:27 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

have u install vcom mtk driver?
11th November 2019, 01:29 AM |#9  

More
Quote:

1st way
1. Connect USB cable only to PC
2. Hold vol+ on phone
3. Connect USB cable to phone (while holding vol+)

2nd way
1. Connect USB cable to PC and phone
2. Hold pwr and vol+ for many seconds, until something happens (led turns on and off and phone is detected by the PC).

still no effect... do you have other methods?
11th November 2019, 05:41 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Göteborg

More
Quote:

still no effect... do you have other methods?

Unfortunately, these are the only methods that worked for me. In your case I would check these things:

1. Have you installed the right MTK USB driver?
2. Try with another USB port.
3. Try with another USB cable.
The Following User Says Thank You to polfrank For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift polfrank Ad-Free
11th November 2019, 08:07 AM |#11  

More
Quote:

Unfortunately, these are the only methods that worked for me. In your case I would check these things:

1. Have you installed the right MTK USB driver?
2. Try with another USB port.
3. Try with another USB cable.

yes.. this link download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/b1xjnx...1.0.8.zip/file
and i tried with another usb and cable but still cant effect.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)