FORUMS

[RECOVERY][begonia][UNOFFICIAL by wzsx150][P/Q]TWRP recovery for Redmi Note 8 Pro

152 posts
Thanks Meter: 9

By saiz0313, Senior Member on 12th January 2020, 10:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I download from baidu,just sharing.
v1104 for Android 9
v1210 for Android 10

Changlogs:
2019.12.10更新内容(安卓10):
1.更新支持官方安卓10的系统。
2.官方系统跨大版本不能使用twrp升级卡刷,建议官方rec卡刷(例如安卓9升级安卓10时),相同安 卓版本应该是可以twrp升降级卡刷的。
3.不太会刷机的,不建议乱刷,很容易成砖,刷机属于自愿行为,本人对刷机造成的损失概不负责。
4.另外目前貌似magisk不支持ed模块等。
5.刷了magisk之后,格式化可能会导致进不了系统,如果想格式化,建议先恢复官方boot等分区。

2019.11.04更新内容(安卓9):
1.升级内置magisk20.0等。
2.删除签名boot功能,替换为防止覆盖TWRP功能,两者都是可以起到防止覆盖twrp的作用。
3.其他功能的调整优化。
4.每次卡刷官方包或root后,执行一次关闭avb2.0校验的功能,防止出现系统损坏提示的情况。

MOD EDIT: Please post only in English according to the FORUM RULES,translation added below:

Changelogs:
2019.12.10 Update (Android 10):
1. Update the system that supports the official Android 10.
2. The official system across the large version can not use the twrp upgrade card brush, it is recommended that the official rec card brush (e.g. Android 9 upgrade Android 10, the same Android version should be able to twrp lift level card brush.
3. Not very brush machine, do not recommend scribbling, it is easy to become brick, brush machine is a voluntary act, I am not responsible for the loss caused by the brush machine.
4. In addition, it seems that magisk does not support ed modules, etc.
5. After brushing the magisk, formatting may result in no system, if you want to format, it is recommended to restore the official boot and other partitions first.

2019.11.04 Update (Android 9):
1. Upgrade built-in magisk20.0, etc.
2. Remove the signature boot function and replace it with the TWRP function, both of which can play a role in preventing overwriting twrp.
3. Adjustment and optimization of other functions.
4. After each card brush official package or root, perform a close avb2.0 check function to prevent the occurrence of system damage prompt.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saiz0313 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift saiz0313 Ad-Free
12th January 2020, 06:19 PM |#2  
Flag Rangpur
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Twrp Support English?
13th January 2020, 02:42 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Taoyuan

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by razu031

Twrp Support English?

I flashed 1104,support english and ZHS
21st January 2020, 06:39 AM |#4  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 22

Donate to Me
More
using indian variant and having ROM global indian MIUI 11 with android Pie. Will the PIE version work for my device??
21st January 2020, 12:32 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 24

Donate to Me
More
Version 11.04 of this TWRP (as well as previous version 09.24) flash correctly on EEA phone w/ EEA Pie Rom (I cannot just boot them fyi) and work with both backup and restore of recommended Nandroid backups, which means, boot, data, system-image (I tested myself, flawless)

@saiz0313: I am not sure if anyone can get in touch with this TWRP dev/team (LR) but I am willing to report the following issue.

As soon as you enable Second Space, w/ or w/o password (does not matter I tested both), it breaks the backup process at data after just a few % with code ERROR: 255 .

Please see attached pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	09.24.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	194.6 KB
ID:	4931987   Click image for larger version

Name:	11.04.png
Views:	138
Size:	205.5 KB
ID:	4931989  
21st January 2020, 01:52 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 548

More
Maybe you don't format data before rebooting system?
22nd January 2020, 01:17 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Taoyuan

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muad.Dib

Version 11.04 of this TWRP (as well as previous version 09.24) flash correctly on EEA phone w/ EEA Pie Rom (I cannot just boot them fyi) and work with both backup and restore of recommended Nandroid backups, which means, boot, data, system-image (I tested myself, flawless)

@saiz0313: I am not sure if anyone can get in touch with this TWRP dev/team (LR) but I am willing to report the following issue.

As soon as you enable Second Space, w/ or w/o password (does not matter I tested both), it breaks the backup process at data after just a few % with code ERROR: 255 .

Please see attached pictures.

I never have same issue like you.
You can report it to https://www.weibo.com/u/6033736159
It's wzsx150's blog
The Following User Says Thank You to saiz0313 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift saiz0313 Ad-Free
23rd January 2020, 09:45 AM |#8  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saiz0313

I never have same issue like you.
You can report it to https://www.weibo.com/u/6033736159
It's wzsx150's blog

Thanks.
Did you have Second Space ENABLED when you tried to backup? Because that's what caused me problems.
Apparently it seems to be an issue which roots directly from within TWRP main sources, LR team adapted for this version. Agent_Fabulous version has the exact same issue with exact same error and they mentioned to me there was indeed an issue with Work Profiles/Mutlipe User profiles in TWRP. That's probably a wide issue on all devices.

Anyway I think that's good to mention so people know, they need to find an alternate way to backup their second space settings before deleting it completely, prior making a more complete TWRP backup.

Regards.
23rd January 2020, 10:34 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Taoyuan

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muad.Dib

Thanks.
Did you have Second Space ENABLED when you tried to backup? Because that's what caused me problems.
Apparently it seems to be an issue which roots directly from within TWRP main sources, LR team adapted for this version. Agent_Fabulous version has the exact same issue with exact same error and they mentioned to me there was indeed an issue with Work Profiles/Mutlipe User profiles in TWRP. That's probably a wide issue on all devices.

Anyway I think that's good to mention so people know, they need to find an alternate way to backup their second space settings before deleting it completely, prior making a more complete TWRP backup.

Regards.

I just backup to internal Storage,and copy to PC.
23rd January 2020, 10:42 AM |#10  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saiz0313

I just backup to internal Storage,and copy to PC.

Yes simple backup/restore on regular phone profile (only 1 profile/user on the phone) also works for me and I can get the backup anywhere I want.

But, if I enable 2nd profile, work profile, 2nd user, through Second Space option (that's a MIUI feature that deals with the work profile feature for you) then it breaks the backup.

So if you are not using this feature yourself, it is not exactly like me

Regards.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)