By Martin213, Senior Member on 6th December 2019, 12:15 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th January 2020, 09:01 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 23

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmonics

Tried it on V11.0.2.0 PGGEUXM several times and am constantly getting bootloops. Flashing the boot.img back makes it work again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin213

For me on V11.0.2.0.PGGEUXM works fine. On PGGMIXM you have try on your own

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmedei9

I finally had the chance to try this for myself. I have global RN8 Pro with latest EEA MIUI (same as OP).
Followed the steps from Magisk website and initial post and I was stuck in a bootloop.

I would say at this point that OP has done something more (that perhaps he/she forgot) to get root working beyond the instructions outlined in the first post. That is the only explanation I can come up with for the discrepancy between our two devices.

Just for the sake of conversation and because I was not risking much, I did try this method on my device just to see:
Global EU phone on same V11.0.2.0.PGGEUXM.
--> bootloop

Bottomline this do not work, too good to be true

PS: I know how to root it with TWRP if I need it.
18th January 2020, 09:59 AM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 548

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muad.Dib

Just for the sake of conversation and because I was not risking much, I did try this method on my device just to see:
Global EU phone on same V11.0.2.0.PGGEUXM.
--> bootloop

Bottomline this do not work, too good to be true

PS: I know how to root it with TWRP if I need it.

After flashing new rom over recovery, you need to format all data before rebooting device.
18th January 2020, 12:04 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 23

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin213

Root without installing TWRP recovery...
Try on your own risk. On chinese version possible bootloop.

1. Download Magisk manager GitHub link or Xda link and install.
2. Download Redmi Note 8 Pro firmware exact same as your current MIUI version in my case BEGONIA EEAGlobal_V11.0.1.0.PGGEUXM. Settings-> about phone - to check your current MIUI version.
3. Unzip downloaded firmware and transfer boot.img to your phone by usb cable or any other method...
4. Run Magisk manager and sellect Install next to Magisk is not instaled in pop up menu select again Install then Select and Patch a File if any give permissions and select your boot.img file (see number 3. post). Patched boot.img file will be in Download folder after patching.
5. Download - [TOOL]Minimal ADB and Fastboot(Windows) link and extract desired location.
6. Copy/move patched_boot.img from Download folder[phone storage] to extracted ADB and Fastboot folder[PC] and rename it to boot.img
7. Run cmd-here.exe file and put following command fastboot flash boot boot.img and then fastboot reboot.

If you want go back to stock boot or got in bootloop flash your extracted stock boot.img with same command in fastboot fastboot flash boot boot.img and you're good to go.

Credits: @shimp208 and @topjohnwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahuy2003

After flashing new rom over recovery, you need to format all data before rebooting device.

Humm. Thank you very much for your input, but what are you talking about?
I may be wrong but I think you are off topic here.
I am specifically talking about THIS tutorial (not how to flash Magisk over TWRP recovery) where we do not touch recovery at all. This could have been a great method if it worked since messing around with recovery seems to be the major source of bricking devices. Here we only modify boot, and I was simply reporting like many others did before it just does not work (at least not with the exact steps provided with in the tutorial, maybe some are missing idk)

Bottomline, rooting without TWRP is not possible at this point on this device, as far as I am aware of.

Regards.
19th January 2020, 05:05 PM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muad.Dib

Bottomline, rooting without TWRP is not possible at this point on this device, as far as I am aware of.

Regards.

Correct. This entire thread is BS.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)