FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Cellular strength and throughput

812 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,752
 
By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 12th September 2019, 05:46 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
We know how much you like to stream, ahem, "videos", and so cellular data is mega-important. Rate this thread to express how you think the Redmi Note 8 Pro's LTE performs. A higher rating indicates that it's fantastic: throughput is excellent and signal strength is top-notch.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add.
3rd October 2019, 10:57 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
SpeedTest with France Free provider, poor results
Hello,

I have just made short experience with Redmi Note 8 Pro 128Gb France version.

With the same provider Free, I have made some test and compare with Iphone5 and lgv20. Same spot

Result was :

Redmi Note 8 Pro 20Mbps
Iphone5 Note 8 Pro 50Mbps
lg v20 80Mps

It is just a quick test, but got a bad results.

Version :

MUI Global 10.4.2 Stable
10.4.2.0 (PGGEUXM)

android 9 PPR1.180610.011

Modele M1906G7G

radio MOLY.LR13.R1.TC8.SP.V1.P47

core 4.14.94+


Regards

Regards
4th October 2019, 08:46 PM |#3  
Me4oKyX's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Plovdiv
Thanks Meter: 93
 
More
Just tested my Redmi Note 8 Pro against my Poco F1 and via WiFi the Poco F1 is a bit faster - 180Mbps for the Poco F1 download and 160 Mbps upload. For the Redmi Note 8 Pro it reached 160Mbps download and 150 Mbps upload. Both tests made with Speedtest program and on the same spot in my house, same 5Ghz wireless network. For comparison, my laptop goes to 4-500Mbps. It's a gigabit connection.
On cellular data it's the opposite: Redmi Note 8 Pro reached 45Mbps download and 10 upload and the Poco F1 got only 25Mbps down and 6-8 Mbps upload. Again both were next to each other, same spot in my house and connected to the same server for correct testing.
I've seen the Poco F1 reach 8MB/s on cellular before not even once, but not tonight I guess.

I'm very pleased with both phones!
Cheers
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Me4oKyX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Me4oKyX Ad-Free
6th October 2019, 07:03 PM |#4  
tze_vitamin's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Zrenjanin
Thanks Meter: 96
 
More
You have RN7 with EU rom?
7th October 2019, 02:34 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I have RN8 pro, redmi note 8 pro, but I think LTE is not goos in France comparing other mobile, same spot, same provider (Free, Orange)
8th October 2019, 03:00 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Flag Gdynia
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moriamoria

MUI Global 10.4.2 Stable
10.4.2.0 (PGGEUXM)

Hello! I have a little request from you and many other people. I'm one of Redmi Note 8 Pro users and theres alot of us and many of us have only chinese ROM (software) version. You have european, which we all need and it's very simple for you to share it with us, it would help alot of people. Can u help us? To to this:

Go to settings > My device > MIUI Version (at top) > three dots at right top > Download latest package

After downloading it DON'T REBOOT phone, just exit from this manager

Then go to file manager on phone and "downloaded_rom" folder. And there should be zip file which with "PGGEUXM" in name. It's full ROM file, which everybody need! And we cannot find it enywhere

Can u share this file for us? You can use https://mega.nz/ etc. hosting, we would be very gratefull for that!
The Following User Says Thank You to chudy88 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chudy88 Ad-Free
8th October 2019, 03:08 PM |#7  
polfrank's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 239
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chudy88

Hello! I have a little request from you and many other people. I'm one of Redmi Note 8 Pro users and theres alot of us and many of us have only chinese ROM (software) version. You have european, which we all need and it's very simple for you to share it with us, it would help alot of people. Can u help us? To to this:

Go to settings > My device > MIUI Version (at top) > three dots at right top > Download latest package

After downloading it DON'T REBOOT phone, just exit from this manager

Then go to file manager on phone and "downloaded_rom" folder. And there should be zip file which with "PGGEUXM" in name. It's full ROM file, which everybody need! And we cannot find it enywhere

Can u share this file for us? You can use https://mega.nz/ etc. hosting, we would be very gratefull for that!

I forwarded this to the telegram group. Will come back if there are news.
8th October 2019, 03:24 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Flag Gdynia
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by polfrank

I forwarded this to the telegram group. Will come back if there are news.

It can be also PGGMIXM - it would be even better, it's global version.

edit: global ver. is out
https://mifirm.net/model/begonia.ttt#zip-mif
The Following User Says Thank You to chudy88 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chudy88 Ad-Free
8th October 2019, 06:15 PM |#9  
polfrank's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 239
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chudy88

It can be also PGGMIXM - it would be even better, it's global version.

edit: global ver. is out
https://mifirm.net/model/begonia.ttt#zip-mif

You can make a thread about it!
12th October 2019, 12:21 AM |#10  
tze_vitamin's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Zrenjanin
Thanks Meter: 96
 
More
On my RN7 I was having 4G+, yesterday I buy RN8 pro, and I got EU ROM, btw I am also from Europe, and I have only 4G.. no +..
Why Xiaomi, why??
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes