Charging speed

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
To power up, you consume Red Bull. But your phone just needs its adaptive fast charger. Rate this thread to express how quickly the Redmi Note 8 Pro can charge. A higher rating indicates that it charges extremely fast.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

marc2800

May 26, 2014
Can anybody please confirm that the phone does support the QC 4+ and not only QC 3.0 by testing charge with different chargers ?

ruh01

Jun 24, 2007
Bucuresti
I did a test with my device. So at 4% battery, I put it in airplane mode. I used a 30W charger, with a USB Tip C - USB Tip C ports. It took 107 minutes to fully charge. Until 80%, the charging speed was about 13% per 10 minutes. After reaching 80%, the charging speed decreased. The phone reached 81% in 60 minutes. I logged the battery percentage and charging speed percentage every 10 minutes, and I included in a excel graphic. I attach this file. Maybe someone more tech savvy can understand more about the inner mechanism and if it is QC 3.0, 4.0 or whatever.

Charging.jpg

Last edited:

H 1

Jan 4, 2019
I found it funny that using an old 10w charger takes about 15 minutes more to charge my device.
I keep using the old one as it produces less heat, and theoretically should prolong battery life.

Reactions: Tinderbox (UK)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I did a test with my device. So at 4% battery, I put it in airplane mode. I used a 30W charger, with a USB Tip C - USB Tip C ports. It took 107 minutes to fully charge. Until 80%, the charging speed was about 13% per 10 minutes. After reaching 80%, the charging speed decreased. The phone reached 81% in 60 minutes. I logged the battery percentage and charging speed percentage every 10 minutes, and I included in a excel graphic. I attach this file. Maybe someone more tech savvy can understand more about the inner mechanism and if it is QC 3.0, 4.0 or whatever.

Charging.jpg
    I just measured the time ,and about 2hours is needed to fully charged phone

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

With 18w charger
    Xiaomi said RN8 Pro support QC 4+
    Yes they said that. But some articles said only QC 3.0 is supported
    I just measured the time ,and about 2hours is needed to fully charged phone

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

With 18w charger

it's too much time considering the fast charger
    I found it funny that using an old 10w charger takes about 15 minutes more to charge my device.
    I keep using the old one as it produces less heat, and theoretically should prolong battery life.