FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Google Camera RN8Pro Edition by Wyroczen [WIP]

129 posts
Thanks Meter: 99

By Wyroczen, Senior Member on 25th October 2019, 03:36 AM
View First Unread Post Reply Email Thread
Hey, I've started work on porting google camera onto Redmi Note 8 Pro.

App is in testing stage, I have used xcam as base apk, thanks for Xtreme for it!.
Changelogs and downloads:
Here are available test versions: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/a.../dev-wyroczen/

Semi stable build available!
Changelog TEST6:
-> Main lens fixed (Thanks to Savitar for method to strip 64 into 16Mpx)
*HDR+/HDR working in main lens
-> For nightsight check in options "Alternative config"
~Use with 16.1Mpx, RAW_SENSOR, YUV format~

Changelog Stable 1.0:
->fixed excessive noise on aux cameras (thanks to Savitar)
->separate AWB settings for lenses
->Opening settings from aux cameras is not crashing anymore but lens will be reseted to main after exiting settings (need to use proper config wyroczen_rn8pro_3)

As I don't have this device, I can't check by myself whether some functions are working good or not. Feel free to test everything carefully Logs (from app on phone or adb logcat), and photo comparisons with stock camera app would be appreciated

News:
I've managed to fix viewfinder, and get HDR+ in main sensor, gcam 7.0.009 (Thanks to Savitar for help), but there are still some problems with it, will share after I will fix them

Donation:
If you want you can support my work, by sending me donation
https://www.paypal.me/wyroczen

XDA: DevDB Information
Redmi Note 8 Pro Google Camera Port, Device Specific App for the Redmi Note 8 Pro
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Wyroczen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wyroczen Ad-Free
25th October 2019, 08:57 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello. Thank you for your work. The wide-angle camera and macro work fine in HDR + mode, the main camera does not want to start, the black screen
25th October 2019, 09:26 AM |#3  

More
hdr works on the specified cameras. Enters settings only if the main camera is on. thanks for the work
25th October 2019, 11:47 AM |#4  

More
low contrast, unlike miui camera
25th October 2019, 06:28 PM |#5  
Flag Zrenjanin
Thanks Meter: 113

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyroczen

App is in testing stage.
Here is first public available test version available: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/a.../dev-wyroczen/

As of now I'm not sure whether gcam can fully work on Mediatek device. Main camera has blackscreen as of now. HDR+ seems to work on Wide and Macro, but it needs further testing.
As I don't have this device, I can't check by myself whether some functions are working good or not. Feel free to test everything carefully Logs (from app on phone or adb logcat), and photo comparisons with stock camera app would be appreciated

Donation:

Redmi Note 8 Pro Google Camera Port, Device Specific App for the Redmi Note 8 Pro

Are you developer?
You understand coding and developing?
Can you give us answer to one question,and help us all..
This Mediatek chipset , is possible to develop custom ROMs? This chipset is no different than the others..
So if possible to create ,develop ROMs, Kernel and other stuff?
Thanks in advance.
The Following User Says Thank You to tze_vitamin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tze_vitamin Ad-Free
25th October 2019, 09:49 PM |#6  
Flag Italy
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyroczen

App is in testing stage.
Here is first public available test version available: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/a.../dev-wyroczen/

As of now I'm not sure whether gcam can fully work on Mediatek device. Main camera has blackscreen as of now. HDR+ seems to work on Wide and Macro, but it needs further testing.

Donation:

First of all thank you for your efforts.

I tried to test your version. Here you'll find the logcat output. I filtered using grep com.google.android.apps.camera to avoid too much noise. If you need specific test please tell me which steps i had to perform.

Hope this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: log gcam.log - [Click for QR Code] (157.5 KB, 118 views)
25th October 2019, 11:30 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tze_vitamin

Are you developer?
This Mediatek chipset , is possible to develop custom ROMs? This chipset is no different than the others..
Thanks in advance.

Hey, I'm gcam modder, not rom developer
It is possible to develop custom roms, kernels, and "other stuff" but it would be better to have full kernel source from xiaomi
The Following User Says Thank You to Wyroczen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wyroczen Ad-Free
25th October 2019, 11:33 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zendar79

First of all thank you for your efforts.

I tried to test your version. Here you'll find the logcat output. I filtered using grep com.google.android.apps.camera to avoid to much noise. If you need specific test please tell me which steps i had to perform.

Hope this helps.

Hey, thanks for log But sadly it is lacking some needed camera info. If you can you may send me full log from using that gcam
26th October 2019, 07:38 AM |#9  
Isla de Muerta
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tze_vitamin

Are you developer?
Thanks in advance.

im not a dev, but I think there's hope for that because xiaomi has release their kernel source

https://www.xda-developers.com/xiaom...rces-released/
ps: sorry OP for off topic
The Following User Says Thank You to SamantaSync For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SamantaSync Ad-Free
26th October 2019, 12:04 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I dont know how to get the logs, but I can describe overall workability.

As said: when option RAW_SENSOR checked in FIX settings, there are full working HDR+ and HDR+ Enchanced on aux Camera - Wide and Macro, and on the front camera.
With alternative config Night Sight is also working, on three cameras. So as the Portrait Mode.
Also capture RAW-dng, seems to be ok.

Noticed issues:
Crash on video
Crash when trying to get to Settings from aux cameras, but if in Aux Cameras settings check the switch "Disable Settings Mode", button Settings is still present and there is no crash anymore.
There are problems with initialization of aux cameras. They starting from time to time. It can be a black screen or loading animation or non-active shutter button. Switch to Front Camera and back helps in 95% of cases.
Problem with deinitialization of camera session. Safety app is sending notification that "The Camera is using Camera in the background", even if forcibly shutdown gcam through the app manager. It causes another system bug, with the notification LED blinking or constantly on with no visible reason..
For now, all that I tested or remembered
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trase_1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Trase_1 Ad-Free
29th October 2019, 03:28 AM |#11  

More
What is the use of advanced sensors in redmi note 8 pro when there is no Gcam developers for this mediatek processor RN8 PRO!!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)