* Your warranty is now void. * * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. * */
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
- Camera / Camcorder (Wide/Macro lens are buggy, and might not work at all for some ginkgo users)
- Hardware Encryption
- Double Tap to Wake
- Fingerprint Sensor
- IR Blaster
- RIL (LTE/Dual SIM/SMS)
- WiFi Hotspot (2.4Ghz / 5Ghz)
- USB (ADB/MTP/PTP)
- Video Playback
- Adaptive Brightness
- LED Light - For Redmi Note 8.
- NFC - For Redmi Note 8T.
What's not working:
- SELinux is permissive.
- You tell me.
- Flash Mauronofrio's TWRP
- Backup all your data (Important)
- Wipe /system, /data and cache.
- If you are coming from stock MIUI, flash vbmeta before booting the ROM.
- Flash the ROM + GApps (Download link below)
Recovery : TWRP
Vbmeta-disabled image: vbmeta
Firmware : Latest Firmwares
Gapps : Open Gapps 10.0
Note 8T (willow)
Note 8 (ginkgo)
Device/Kernel/Vendor Tree: Sources
DONATE To Me
- LineageOS Team.
- @Dyneteve for his device/kernel/vendor trees, without him this won't be easy.
- all RedMi Note 8/T contributors.
LineageOS 17 for Redmi Note 8/8T, ROM for the Redmi Note 8
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Stock 9.0
Based On: LineageOS
Last Updated 2020-01-23