I Bricked my phone, Please Help

Search This thread

LiamPotat

Feb 12, 2019
Cabuyao City
Hello, Friends from XDA

So long story short, I was trying to fix my Redmi Note 8's charging issue (slow charging and charges only when booted to OS). Then I decided to install a new rom from twrp (current was MIUI China, trying to install Xiaomi .eu) hoping that it might solve the issue but dumb me accidentally wiped the "system" partition during the wiping proccess. Now I am greeted with "The system has been destroyed" message". Cannot boot to twrp anymore. I really regretted doing that.

P.S. tried fastboot, doesn't work, ask for more

Anyone, please help. All suggestions are welcome.

Last edited:

Judroidz

Oct 9, 2016
When flashing a ROM you have wipe the system as well. This will fix that issue you are having(flash this after flashing ROM. This is a VBmeta.img):
https://mega.nz/#!r54FzQIZ!LgD3zSOBm1gOIzY6w8r8l-A8GChgWk_Z7HIN6y_bVLc

Use this command on fastboot mode

fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

I suggest that you join the Telegram group as that's where I got this file from. Plus you will get help much faster.

Last edited:

LiamPotat

Feb 12, 2019
Cabuyao City
@Judroidz, Thanks for replying friend

Bro I don't know why but my pc doesn't detect the Redmi Note 8 in fastboot. Tried MiFlash, still not detecting.
Tested my friend's Xiaomi Phone and behold, it is recognized. ???

Here's a pic
XoU3Zxp.jpg

Last edited:

Judroidz

Oct 9, 2016

Bro I don't know why but my pc doesn't detect the Redmi Note 8 in fastboot. Tried MiFlash, still not detecting.

Here's a pic

That is alarming, so your device can boot into fastboot mode but won't be recognized by the PC?
Try using it on another PC because if you can't use fastboot or Recovery, the only thing that will save you is the EDL mode, and I have heard people say that the only way to access that is with an authorized account (which only xiaomi service centers have) or you will have to open the back of your phone and short circuit the EDL Chip.

Reactions: LiamPotat

Zulfi

Aug 28, 2008
Pune

Here's a pic
XoU3Zxp.jpg

Brother don't get panic , I had faced this many time's. Just remvoe your slicon back cover and connect device to PC( The ****y back cover interfere in connection), ( You need to put device in fastboot mode first) Flash fastboot ROM V11.0.3.0 via MiFlashTool(Note: Don't select clean all and lock)
Enjoy

Last edited:

Judroidz

Oct 9, 2016
Brother don't get panic , I had faced this many time's. Just remvoe your slicon back cover and connect device to PC( The ****y back cover interfere in connection), ( You need to put device in fastboot mode first) Flash fastboot ROM V11.0.3.0 via MiFlashTool(Note: Don't select clean all and lock)
Enjoy

He didn't put a cover on the phone. And he said that fastboot mode isn't being recognized

LiamPotat

Feb 12, 2019
Cabuyao City
Oh sorry I didn't see that. OP did you get anywhere with fixing your device

Well bro, I'm still trying. Going to give the EDL mode a try and as you can probably tell, I am a newbie.
Any precautions, maybe tips that I should know about?
here's what I've gathered

1. Remove back cover
2. Find the edl testing points
3. Short circuit the testing points
4. Plug the device to pc (asap after shorting)
5. Flash using MiFlash (Hopefully recognizes the device)

LiamPotat

Feb 12, 2019
Cabuyao City
So, it seems like you need an Authorized Account for flashing in EDL. I was hoping to find a diy solution but things get complicated. Well, I'm just going to send the device to a trusted local Xiaomi repair center and get it fixed (they have authorized accounts) and also solve the charging issue. Again, Thanks to everyone and XDA.
P e a c e

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Here's a pic

That is alarming, so your device can boot into fastboot mode but won't be recognized by the PC?
    Try using it on another PC because if you can't use fastboot or Recovery, the only thing that will save you is the EDL mode, and I have heard people say that the only way to access that is with an authorized account (which only xiaomi service centers have) or you will have to open the back of your phone and short circuit the EDL Chip.