Note 8 Chinese Version

Search This thread

robert_b

Nov 5, 2016
Erlangen
Hi,
there is a good offer for a Note 8, but it is the chinese version.
Which problems are to expect? What's to to switch the phone completly to a version to use in Germany?

Regards
Robert

the_weird_aquarian

Nov 13, 2016
Hi,
Which problems are to expect? What's to to switch the phone completly to a version to use in Germany?

Regards
Robert

You can switch from chinese to global rom(or indian rom if you want inbuilt call recording option) after unlocking bootloader and debloat it all after rooting..Or maybe just flash custom roms . :)

Veki47

Dec 12, 2019
Hi,

Regards
Robert

Hello Robert
I have ordered CN version Oct, and i have been using it ever since. Out of the box you will get 18w charger with adapter which is very good, i live in Bosina, both sims are working fine 4G works too. There is not much to be worried about in CN version it works great it gets latest builds of MIUI (compared to other versions). Only thing that was kinda a nitpick and kinda annoying for me from start is that you get few standard Chinese apps that you can delete, and some of main Mi apps keep giving notifications in CN like mi videos and very other few, but rarely and they can be blocked. When you power on a device for a first time and creating Mi account you will have to install gapps which you can do over integrated mi store as i can remember (just type google no need for Chinese fonts). After doing that and logging into your google account i recommend you to unlock bootloader, you will have to make a request for unlocking it takes 160+ hours for it to get approved. Install xiaomi.eu rom which is cleaned and optimized CN miui for global users with xiaomi devices and regular updates and builds. I am currently using xiaomi.eu rom its fast, it has also ability to update it with updater in system. Anyway it is up to your preference what you want from device, you can try to install global firmware without unlocked bootloader you can try, if you want or some other custom rom with unlocked bootloader.

Best regards

Last edited: