FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Touchscreen a bit "laggy"

23 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By slyd1619, Junior Member on 8th December 2019, 11:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
tl;dr my phone is laggy only when I'm typing and sometimes reverse letters.

I've had a Xiaomi Mi 5 until recently, then I bought a Redmi Note 8 and I noticed the typing experience isn't the same. I mean, the screen is different and I didn't use MIUI on the Mi 5, but that's the only difference. I use the GBoard app with the exact same configurations as it were on the Mi 5.

The problem lies mostly when I type letters that are in the border of the screen, like "q", "p" or the button that change to the Symbols and Numbers. The typing feels a bit "laggy" and sometimes the q's and p's reverses the order like when I type "problem" it goes like "rpoblem", same with "queue" and it goes like "uqeue". When I type fast, the problem always occurs, when I type slowly it's more rare, but also occurs.

For the center of the screen, no other letters does this reversing thing, but I can feel that when I press the letters, there's a micro-delay between me pressing and the letter actually showing, something that I've never felt while using the Mi 5.

I'm tempted on rooting my phone and changing the OS, but I don't know if it'll solve the problem. Did anyone feel or notice something similar to my rpoblem?

(I've had to correct nearly all the words that came out reversed while writing this)
8th December 2019, 11:55 PM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyd1619

tl;dr my phone is laggy only when I'm typing and sometimes reverse letters.

I've had a Xiaomi Mi 5 until recently, then I bought a Redmi Note 8 and I noticed the typing experience isn't the same. I mean, the screen is different and I didn't use MIUI on the Mi 5, but that's the only difference. I use the GBoard app with the exact same configurations as it were on the Mi 5.

The problem lies mostly when I type letters that are in the border of the screen, like "q", "p" or the button that change to the Symbols and Numbers. The typing feels a bit "laggy" and sometimes the q's and p's reverses the order like when I type "problem" it goes like "rpoblem", same with "queue" and it goes like "uqeue". When I type fast, the problem always occurs, when I type slowly it's more rare, but also occurs.

For the center of the screen, no other letters does this reversing thing, but I can feel that when I press the letters, there's a micro-delay between me pressing and the letter actually showing, something that I've never felt while using the Mi 5.

I'm tempted on rooting my phone and changing the OS, but I don't know if it'll solve the problem. Did anyone feel or notice something similar to my rpoblem?

(I've had to correct nearly all the words that came out reversed while writing this)

Try clearing app data of Gboard.
9th December 2019, 04:23 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc9896

Try clearing app data of Gboard.

Doesn't work, unfortunately.
9th December 2019, 11:18 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

All rn8 has this problem,i flashed european rom to solve this problem and nearly it is solved ,no laggy also try to make gboard size longer than normal from settings ,this will terminate this problem
10th December 2019, 12:22 AM |#5  
Quote:

weird, never had this issue before. friends of mine fixed theirs by clearing Gboard data.

try clearing cache in storage settings and restarting.
10th December 2019, 05:15 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I had same problem as you when I was using global MIUI 10 (tianma panel). After unlocking bootloader and installing localized MIUI 11 ROM, I don't experience such problems anymore.
10th December 2019, 08:19 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by niceman2007

All rn8 has this problem,i flashed european rom to solve this problem and nearly it is solved ,no laggy also try to make gboard size longer than normal from settings ,this will terminate this problem

Tried all sizes, didn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pqhaz

I had same problem as you when I was using global MIUI 10 (tianma panel). After unlocking bootloader and installing localized MIUI 11 ROM, I don't experience such problems anymore.

Thanks for the advice, I'll try another ROM.
10th December 2019, 08:20 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

weird, never had this issue before. friends of mine fixed theirs by clearing Gboard data.

try clearing cache in storage settings and restarting.

Cleared everything, nothing works unfortunately.
10th December 2019, 11:29 PM |#9  
Quote:

Cleared everything, nothing works unfortunately.

Is it a hardware issue? Maybe check if it shows up in other apps, if your device is still covered by warranty get it replaced or fixed.
11th December 2019, 03:50 AM |#10  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

Is it a hardware issue? Maybe check if it shows up in other apps, if your device is still covered by warranty get it replaced or fixed.

It only happens when I'm typing and I've only tested while using GBoard, it's the app I've always used and I don't want to change.

But if you have any other keyboard app suggestion for me to try I'll do it.
11th December 2019, 08:20 AM |#11  
Quote:

It only happens when I'm typing and I've only tested while using GBoard, it's the app I've always used and I don't want to change.

But if you have any other keyboard app suggestion for me to try I'll do it.

Used to use Swiftkey, but Microsoft.

I mainly use GBoard, its a good app. Most keyboard apps I see on the store are either paid, riddled with ads or something from Clean Master (data collection, privacy issues, and ads). Your best bet would be sideload a keyboard app from APKMirror such as the Xperia keyboard, remembered that to be quite good.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)