FORUMS

Overall speed

810 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,923

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 27th August 2019, 11:11 AM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
Would you say that the Redmi Note 8 is "fast" in day-to-day use? A higher rating indicates that you think the Redmi Note 8 exhibits fantastic performance. Like, is it as fast as your tears when you watch The Titanic?

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
29th January 2020, 03:12 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
sometimes after an hour of sleep, the fingerprint scanner is slow and it takes a second for the phone to light up.
anyone having this issue?
sent from redmi note 8 global version MIUI 11.0.4
10th February 2020, 08:24 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by waseemSMT211neo

sometimes after an hour of sleep, the fingerprint scanner is slow and it takes a second for the phone to light up.
anyone having this issue?
sent from redmi note 8 global version MIUI 11.0.4

A second is an understatement. Mine takes 4-5 seconds for the screen to come on after it has been asleep for a while. I've never owned a phone that turns on so slowly. I have been caught out a few times when trying to take a photo and everything freezes long enough I miss the opportunity. I have mostly other peoples photos because my phone was too slow. The camera app also lags at the worst of times.

My only other gripe is the amount of call-backs to Xiaomi it does. My network blocks all of it and the phone still works regardless, looking at the stats my phone makes as many outbound requests as my laptop which I use all day (the phone is minimal usage). I also don't like seeing random chinese domains being accessed, if you can't keep it under the xiaomi/redmi doamin name then how can I trust it?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)