[RECOVERY] LineageOS 17.1 recovery [curtana][2020/05/05]

Search This thread

TheMalachite

Dec 9, 2018
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Introduction

This is a LineageOS Recovery compiled from the source tree of LineageOS 17.1 for Redmi Note 9S / 9 Pro.[/STRIKE] While the recovery has been usable for quite some time now, since it is not possible for TWRP to support any device launched with Android 10 for now.

I am aware that there is a TWRP port for this device, but since the source code is not accessible (as for as I can tell, maybe I just did not look hard enough for the source code), I can only advice against using it. The official TWRP open-sourced under GPLv3 does not even support devices launched with Android 10 yet, so there's clearly something going on here. I do not fix compatibility issues between my ROM and that TWRP port.

Instructions (Installing Recovery)

1. Download recovery-XXXX.zip (extract to get recovery.img and vbmeta.img)
2. Reboot to bootloader (`adb reboot bootloader`)
3. Run `fastboot --disable-verification --disable-verity flash vbmeta vbmeta.img`
4. Run `fastboot flash recovery recovery.img`
5. Run `fastboot reboot recovery` to enter LineageOS Recovery

Instructions (Installing Magisk)

You have to use the official Magisk, version 20.4 or later. Installing an older Magisk will make the system unbootable.

1. Download Magisk >= 20.4, put onto computer
2. Reboot to LineageOS recovery, select `Mount /system` (you may see some errors, but they can be safely ignored)
3. Select `Apply update from ADB`
4. Run `adb sideload Magisk-xxx.zip`
5. You will see a signature verification error, select `Yes` to bypass the check
6. Reboot to system to enjoy your Magisk installation.

Caveats

1. Since it's not TWRP, you cannot decrypt your /data in recovery for now, which means no data backup or recovery, and you cannot install on-device flashable zips through this recovery.
2. Since it's not TWRP, it cannot prevent your OS from overwriting recovery automatically. If you use official ROM, you may need to manually re-flash the recovery every time. I'm not sure whether this can be bypassed with some Magisk module.
3. Don't expect to be able to flash anything into /system (e.g. OpenGAPPS or magisk) on stock ROMs
4. When trying to install OpenGAPPS on custom roms, it will get stuck at the end of the flashing process. This does not affect the functionality of the installed system and gapps, and a force-reboot into system will work just fine.
5. You need to always click "Mount /system" before flashing any mods into the system (i.e. Magisk, OpenGapps, etc., ROMs themselves are not affected), otherwise they will fail to install. (Clicking the option does not actually mount /system; it just sets up necessary mappings from the super partition to each of the dynamic partitions so that the installation scripts will work)

Downloads

LineageOS Recovery (with vbmeta included inzide the zip) (17.1, 2020-05-05): https://github.com/Xiaomi-Curtana/a.../recovery-2020-05-05/los-recovery-curtana.zip

Source Code

Device Tree: https://github.com/Xiaomi-Curtana/android_device_redmi_curtana
Kernel: https://github.com/Xiaomi-Curtana/android_kernel_redmi_sm7125

Last edited:

cimdrap

Dec 27, 2010
Redmi Note 10 Pro
I'm very very grateful, but what's the advantage over stock recovery if we can't flash zips inside the phone memory? Or if we can't take a data backup?
Just asking trying not to be rude

ps000000

Sep 17, 2011
Nonthaburi / Bangkok
After reboot to recovery. It stuck at LOS recovery menu screen not response to Vol up/down button.
Then about 10 seconds phone reboot to normal stage.

When I reboot to recovery again it became stock recovery screen no LOS recovery.

Last edited:

mnurashrullah

Jan 28, 2014
A greatest thanks to dev and tester to make this work. Thank you for all your hard work to make this work. More great things is coming soon!

Yuluga

Mar 25, 2020
Can I install this recovery and work as twrp? then installing the xiaomi.eu rom? Thank you

Gearswar

Jan 24, 2018
No, it's for flash custom rom + flash gapps and magisk on custom rom only[/QUOTE

Your responds is confusing. Recent post ask if you can flash roms with this recovery and you said no. And then the person ask you so whats this recovery for, you said to flash roms and gapps ect.

Soo can we flash roms and gapps and zips YES or NO?
Thanks.

TheMalachite

Dec 9, 2018
Redmi Note 8 Pro
No, it's for flash custom rom + flash gapps and magisk on custom rom only[/QUOTE

Your responds is confusing. Recent post ask if you can flash roms with this recovery and you said no. And then the person ask you so whats this recovery for, you said to flash roms and gapps ect.

Soo can we flash roms and gapps and zips YES or NO?
Thanks.
Is Xiaomi.eu is a custom ROM ? No that's a MIUI port with more customization and debloated

Psycrow666

Jul 11, 2017
Hi,
i have a problem, my micro SD Card cant be mountet.
i have flasht LRTWRP now.
Have anyone a tip for me? What can i do ? :(

big thx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction

This is a LineageOS Recovery compiled from the source tree of LineageOS 17.1 for Redmi Note 9S / 9 Pro.[/STRIKE] While the recovery has been usable for quite some time now, since it is not possible for TWRP to support any device launched with Android 10 for now.

I am aware that there is a TWRP port for this device, but since the source code is not accessible (as for as I can tell, maybe I just did not look hard enough for the source code), I can only advice against using it. The official TWRP open-sourced under GPLv3 does not even support devices launched with Android 10 yet, so there's clearly something going on here. I do not fix compatibility issues between my ROM and that TWRP port.

Instructions (Installing Recovery)

1. Download recovery-XXXX.zip (extract to get recovery.img and vbmeta.img)
    2. Reboot to bootloader (`adb reboot bootloader`)
    3. Run `fastboot --disable-verification --disable-verity flash vbmeta vbmeta.img`
    4. Run `fastboot flash recovery recovery.img`
    5. Run `fastboot reboot recovery` to enter LineageOS Recovery

Instructions (Installing Magisk)

You have to use the official Magisk, version 20.4 or later. Installing an older Magisk will make the system unbootable.

1. Download Magisk >= 20.4, put onto computer
    2. Reboot to LineageOS recovery, select `Mount /system` (you may see some errors, but they can be safely ignored)
    3. Select `Apply update from ADB`
    4. Run `adb sideload Magisk-xxx.zip`
    5. You will see a signature verification error, select `Yes` to bypass the check
    6. Reboot to system to enjoy your Magisk installation.

Caveats

1. Since it's not TWRP, you cannot decrypt your /data in recovery for now, which means no data backup or recovery, and you cannot install on-device flashable zips through this recovery.
    2. Since it's not TWRP, it cannot prevent your OS from overwriting recovery automatically. If you use official ROM, you may need to manually re-flash the recovery every time. I'm not sure whether this can be bypassed with some Magisk module.
    3. Don't expect to be able to flash anything into /system (e.g. OpenGAPPS or magisk) on stock ROMs
    4. When trying to install OpenGAPPS on custom roms, it will get stuck at the end of the flashing process. This does not affect the functionality of the installed system and gapps, and a force-reboot into system will work just fine.
    5. You need to always click "Mount /system" before flashing any mods into the system (i.e. Magisk, OpenGapps, etc., ROMs themselves are not affected), otherwise they will fail to install. (Clicking the option does not actually mount /system; it just sets up necessary mappings from the super partition to each of the dynamic partitions so that the installation scripts will work)

Downloads

LineageOS Recovery (with vbmeta included inzide the zip) (17.1, 2020-05-05): https://github.com/Xiaomi-Curtana/a.../recovery-2020-05-05/los-recovery-curtana.zip

Source Code

Device Tree: https://github.com/Xiaomi-Curtana/android_device_redmi_curtana
    Kernel: https://github.com/Xiaomi-Curtana/android_kernel_redmi_sm7125
    so what is this recovery? to install the lineage rom?
    No, it's for flash custom rom + flash gapps and magisk on custom rom only
    Does this ROM version have call recording function ? @TheMalachite
    That's a recovery ;__;
    hi, anyone who successfully adb sideloaded evolution x? i got stock at 47 percent verification with an error of status 7

Yes I installed it just fine, make sure to mount /system
    Hey, can someone tell me what your battery life is? So far I have not read any of this in the thread
    its a recovery, not a rom. battery life as far as i know isnt for recoveries. well, unless you plan to stay hours a day in it;)