FORUMS

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][Android 11] LineageOS 18.0 [joyeuse/miatol][28/10/20]

70 posts
Thanks Meter: 43

By gigahurts, Member on 20th September 2020, 04:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

LineageOS 18.0 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Flash instructions :
NOTE: This build Required minimum 11.0.7.0 QJZMIXM (EU) firmware (Next release will inevitably require a minimum of MIUI 12, as a base, the vendor img will need to be flashed prior to the LineageOS zip flash - can't link as its not open source).

Use latest pbr recovery for miatol, supports decryption - beta available here, https://pitchblackrecovery.com/joyeuse/, build is 10/14/20.

DO NOT - Wipe data!, ONLY FORMAT, otherwise you may hose the phone.

There is a way to fix this without the fastboot factory clean, flash and lock with the official Xiaomi tool, which was forcing you to clean and lock... now available here: https://github.com/Szaki/XiaomiADBFastbootTools
If you hose the phone, use this tool - you need to install JRE though, as the tool is Java base. Put your phone is fastboot, use the tool to download the latest global rom (or whichever). Then go to where its downloaded, extract the .xy/tar file, then go back into the tool and under "image" select the folder INSIDE the folder you just extracted, then select "clean install" and install it. This will flash the majority of imgs but will error out at the end and be unable to create the "user data" partition.
That's okay, because all of the partitions will be setup again, and you can flash any rom you want again. So when its done, and still in fastboot, fastboot flash recovery recovery.img (recovery.img being the latest joyeuse pbr recovery, you renamed to recovery.img and were in that folder in the command prompt, so it will flash that recovery) or use the tool to select that recovery and it will flash it for you and reboot into for you if you like.

(Do this step last, after Magisk, if you want to unencrypt, no worries if you don't unencrypt - PBR recovery will decrypt your data ON THE SECOND TRY OF ENTERING YOUR SCREENLOCK PIN NUMBER...), the new PBR Miatol Beta 10/14/20, fixes this issue, it is now decrypted on the first entry of the phone's lockscreen PIN. Then flash disable_dm-verity_forceencrypt.zip available here for those who want decrypted data partition: https://zackptg5.com/android.php#disverfe and other places as well.
If you are encrypted and decide to unencrypt later, you will need to flash the disable_dm-verity_forceencrypt.zip in miatol recovery, then format data. Store roms, gapps, recoveries (just in case), disable_dm-verity, magisk install and uninstall and all that stuff on the SD card, so you can use them in PBR after you format DATA (the first step after installing PBR miatol recovery), just FYI. Then do the following:

Flash ROM
Flash NikGapps for android 11 nano
Boot into android, make sure its working and install Magisk Manager 8.0.2, then reboot into recovery and install Magisk 21.0 (in recovery, I did not need to extract the boot.img and patch in Magisk Manager, and reboot into recovery to flash the patched boot.img, but your results may be different): https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases. If you want to unencrypt (no guarantees its permanent though) you need to format data, THEN FLASH MAGISK, then flash disable_dm-verity (always the last step)- I usually wipe dalvik and cache too.

USE LATEST MIATOL PBR RECOVERY, PLEASE.

Anyway, I have not had any major issues so far and - THIS IS THE FIRST ANDROID 11 ROM FOR JOYEUSE!!! (I almost joyeused in my pants

I have had an issue with my 256gb samsung evo u3 sd card in Lineage, it still says I need to format. I haven't done that yet, because its almost full. It does work fine in PBR and it did work fine in Android 10 and the recovery.

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
Kernel Source: https://github.com/Redmi-SM6250 or Stock kernel from Miui

Latest Build (as of 10/28/20 or if you're anywhere but the US 28/10/20) :https://sourceforge.net/projects/wig...l.zip/download

Changelog:
• Updated Kernel
• Tried to fix Idle Freeze (again)
• Picked stuffs from LineageOS 18 gerrit (like Trebuchet Launcher)
• Spoofed device fingerprints with latest curtana, curtana_india, joyeuse_global, gram and excalibur fingerprints

Notes
• Suggested Gapps: Nikgapps
• Just enable Magisk Hide in Magisk Manager to pass safetynet now. No need to add any module.
• Latest Android security patch is being used, but showing old date
Not working:
Fast charging (please let us know, new kernel should enable this, but the device with say "slow charging", even though it is fast charging).
Also, for anyone who does not know, there are a lot of android apps that are not compatible with Android 11. Please do not message about this issue.
OK Google is working.
This is a Miatol based build, the next will be Joyeuse specific, however this build is compatible with Joyeuse devices (I have one). A week late on this release due to school, sorry folks.

Notes:
- Suggested Gapps: Nikgapps, Redgapps - (I use Nikgapps available here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/nik...R/10-Oct-2020/)

New build will be available on or about 10/20 and should have the USB charging and mtp issues fixed. Newer builds will be focused on Joyeuse and Miatol fixes independently (not sure if you noticed, but this build, unlike the other 2 is now Joyeuse focused) and alternately as the hardware of both (and curtana for that matter) is too different to release a universal build, until we can get universal blobs and drivers which support the 2, or (eventually) all 3.

The dev for this build is: @wight554, all thanks and credit go to him, he is awesome, and I, for one, seriously appreciate this ROM as it works very well for me. It is so snappy and smooth, with a super fast boot time, no reboots and generally pretty frickin AWESOME!

oh, and, in case you missed it earlier: THIS IS THE REAL FIRST ANDROID 11 ROM FOR JOYEUSE (Miatol is its second Android 11)!!! (I almost joyeused in my pants))
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to gigahurts For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gigahurts Ad-Free
20th September 2020, 05:29 PM |#2  
Flag Köping
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Perfect will try tonight ☺️
22nd September 2020, 08:25 PM |#3  
Flag Täby
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belpek

Perfect will try tonight

Have you tried it?
How is it? Good for daily?
22nd September 2020, 09:18 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
There are so many Joyeuse LineageOS ROMs I don't even know where to start.
23rd September 2020, 01:18 PM |#5  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 1

More
i don't see you mentioned mobile network in bugs section; does it work? i'll try this rom in a couple hours
23rd September 2020, 04:15 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Tell me please. If phone will be locked with black screen and i say "ok google". Will it work? Or it will work only if screen is unlocked?
23rd September 2020, 07:39 PM |#7  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 1

More
sorry if its not much, since i can't do much on this rom. flashed nikogapps, google sign-in succeded but it seems that i cant install anything from play store.
(dumb me forgot to screenshot, it only says "something went wrong" when i try to install an app from play store)
about ok google from lockscreen/screen off, i tried it, also not working. can't confirm about volte since volte still relatively new here and hasn't developed that much.
23rd September 2020, 07:57 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Why nikgapps? Open gapps nano is recommended.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk
24th September 2020, 04:58 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Flash it and using it by now, so far so good, sometimes it gets a little freeze but nothing serious, miracast reboots phone so dunno if this is a bug or not, proximity sensor is another one cuz while I was in speaking with my pal screen was on all the time and my ear activated bluetooth and DND

Have nothing to talk about VoLTE cuz in my country is not available.

ANX modules left my phone in bootloop so instead I went for GCam. Flash unofficial opengapps nano and make sure to use Wi-Fi to complete the first run.

Magisk canary works so it can be rooted.

Keep the hard work!

*Sorry if I made some writing mistakes, english is not my native language. Cheers!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jcarloszc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcarloszc Ad-Free
17th October 2020, 06:02 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Tried flashing the latest build (02.10.20) using the latest TWRP from the thread you linked but I get the "can't install package over new build" error. Is it required to come from stock miui?
18th October 2020, 02:08 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigahurts

Newer Build:
https://mega.nz/file/PlkgiSzS#C_tIsp...TkIUiSAqgjVAFk
NOTE: You should be on 11.0.7.0 QJZMIXM (EU) Global firmware for this build. Also, I have a newer build, but its not ready for primetime and has issues with SMS and Call Log enabling permissions.
Oh, and BTW, if you hose your ROM/Phone, just flash vbmeta.img in fastboot to avoid using the factory fastboot img flash, otherwise you many need to wait another 7 days to unlock the bootloader.
The dev for this build is: @wight554, all thanks and credit go to him, he is awesome, and I, for one, seriously appreciate this ROM as it works very well for me. It is so snappy and smooth, with a super fast boot time, no reboots and generally pretty frickin AWESOME!

First of all, thank you guys @gigahurts & @wight554 very much for working on supporting this device
Could you pretty please confirm that you intend to continue working on this and maintain this device? I am planning to buy two joyeuse devices for daily usage and I would like to be at least partially sure I can run LineageOS on them. Also do you think the current known issues will be possible to resolve in the near-ish future? Thanks for your reply in advance. All the best.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)