We finally have some custom rom/ Project Treble roms available to use
Please NOTE: Most are unstable as daily drivers as we still don't have developer support for our little device
You know the drill, I'm not responsible for what happens to your device
I have been testing different project treble roms AND the Miui base roms (ranging from stable Miui9 - 10 and beta's) to find the most 'stable' daily driver
The best combination to date is using the Sep 11th MIUI 10 global stable with Resurrection Remix.
However if you do want to experiment, I highly recommend doing so as the Project Treble roms are updating constantly.
I will leave links to recommended ARM - A roms below and the recommended MIUI 10 base roms to flash over.
What you need:
- Miui Base rom both Fastboot & Recovery (I recommend MIUI 10 stable)
- Project Treble GSI (gemeric system.img)
- Fastboot installed on your PC - there are plenty of tutorials, use google
- GAPPS (please note I have had a lot of difficulties installing gapps and HIGHLY recommend you download a rom with gapps go pre-installed. You can use apps like LINK2SD to delete the Go-version and install the fulll version later)
- A little bit of patience and time - first boots can take 5-10minutes
MIUI 10 Roms
[ARM - A] Project Treble Forums
Fastboot for; Windows - Mac - Linux
Download links to Roms: Check the forum link above for more ROMS
Open GAPPS - I RECOMMEND USING MICRO-NANO-PICO. There are plenty of installation issues
There are many, let me know and I will compile a list
Backup ALL data & partitions
Boot into TWRP recovery
Wipe data/factory reset
Wipe data (backup)
Flash MiUi stock rom VIA fastboot
When rom flash is complete DO NOT BOOT THE ROM
Reboot into Fastboot
Make sure your GSI or system.img is in your Fastboot folder
Run this command: fastboot flash system the-name-of-your-rom.img
For example: fastboot flash system-180818-arm-aonly-vanilla-nosu.img
Now the ROM has been flashed, you can install TWRP, Magisk and GAPPS or just reboot into your new rom
If I helped you please thank me, it helps a lot enjoy your new project treble roms!