FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Remix IO Facebook Event October 20, 2016 @11:00pm (GMT+8)

214 posts
Thanks Meter: 411

By RemixOS_Jason, Remix OS Rep on 19th October 2016, 05:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey XDA Remixers!

We warmly invite you to the Remix IO Facebook event going on tomorrow, Thursday October 20 @11pm (GMT+8). I'd like to tell you now what Remix IO is all about, but then I wouldn't be doing my job.

I will drop a hint here that there will be something nice for developers in the event/campaign.

Here's the link to the Remix IO Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1781404908740204/

If you aren't on Facebook for any reason, don't worry as I will be sharing another link with you guys around 11pm (GMT+8) as well. So, no one who is interested will be missing out.

Thanks!

19th October 2016, 10:49 PM |#2  
Jide Ambassador
Thanks Meter: 46

Donate to Me
More
yeah new toys
20th October 2016, 04:22 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 190

More
heh new remix os device.
20th October 2016, 04:44 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Does anyone see where it says what chip they are using for this. I would HATE to get this like the Mini and be stuck on a device that will NOT get updates in the future. 2GB is also very much on the low side for a console you would like to run games on.
20th October 2016, 08:31 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdlobe

Does anyone see where it says what chip they are using for this. I would HATE to get this like the Mini and be stuck on a device that will NOT get updates in the future. 2GB is also very much on the low side for a console you would like to run games on.

RK3368 from Rockchip

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...oken=bfc75bfd#
21st October 2016, 05:16 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdlobe

Exactly. The 2GB RAM can still be tolerated when the Remix Mini was first dreamed up last year (2015) but a BIG no-no for a 2017 model. Not with this NEW Remix IO.

Speaking of performance, I wonder why didn't they go for some SoC that has at least the ARM Cortex-A72 cluster in addition to the low power Cortex-A53 cluster to improve performance.
21st October 2016, 05:36 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinf28

RK3368 from Rockchip

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...oken=bfc75bfd#

Definitely not the best chipset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakTT

Exactly. The 2GB RAM can still be tolerated when the Remix Mini was first dreamed up last year (2015) but a BIG no-no for a 2017 model. Not with this NEW Remix IO.

Speaking of performance, I wonder why didn't they go for some SoC that has at least the ARM Cortex-A72 cluster in addition to the low power Cortex-A53 cluster to improve performance.

Possibly for cost but I have been reading where they may address the RAM. I dont know if that will make it to the Kickstarter buyers.
21st October 2016, 06:02 PM |#8  
Jide Ambassador
Thanks Meter: 46

Donate to Me
More
So what chip would u like to see?

Your Jide Ambassador is here!!!
22nd October 2016, 09:01 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
x86 support
Does the Remix team plan on releasing this software version for x86 like the current Remix OS? It would be awesome to load on my old chromebox instead of openelec.
23rd October 2016, 11:57 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmoraRei

So what chip would u like to see?

Your Jide Ambassador is here!!!

Chip with a least a pair of Big-Core (ARM Cortex-A72 or something along that line) in addition to the cluster of Small-Core (ARM Cortex-A53) from a manufacturer that is better in term of Android support than the one in Remix Mini who refused to cooperate with Remix on the Marshmallow upgrade. We don't want the same disaster, do we?
23rd October 2016, 11:08 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 190

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakTT

Chip with a least a pair of Big-Core (ARM Cortex-A72 or something along that line) in addition of the cluster of Small-Core (ARM Cortex-A53) from a manufacturer that is better in term of Android support than the one in Remix Mini who refused to cooperate with Remix on the Marshmallow upgrade. We don't want the same disaster, do we?

intel atom with uefi?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
event, remix io, remix os

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)