FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

No Remix 3.0 For Mini

110 posts
Thanks Meter: 16

By wastate2014, Senior Member on 24th June 2016, 02:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Well I contacted Jide to inquire about Remix 3.0 on Mini. It seems Allwinner in all its wisdom has decided not to provide Android 6.0 support for the H64 SOC. So no Remix 3.0 unless Allwinner changes its mind. For me this finishes my folly with this experiment gone bad.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wastate2014 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wastate2014 Ad-Free

24th June 2016, 04:54 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Are you sure?
The chinese version of jide.com says that the remix ultratablet, remix pro, remix mini, and remix os for pc will be getting the upgrade. maybe the remix mini version of 3.0 will still be lolipop.
24th June 2016, 06:11 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
The new version of the Mini based on Rockchip 3288. It's All winner on the current Mini that is the holdup��
27th June 2016, 02:54 AM |#4  
Flag Las Vegas

Donate to Me
More
CyanogenMod ???
Any chance we could just get the best??? CyanogenMod???
27th June 2016, 03:38 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 276

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastate2014

The new version of the Mini based on Rockchip 3288. It's All winner on the current Mini that is the holdup��

There was/is a new Remix Mini?

Sent from my Touchpad using XDA-Developers mobile app
27th June 2016, 03:42 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad1600

There was/is a new Remix Mini?

Sent from my Touchpad using XDA-Developers mobile app

Quite a few articles over the last few days. This is one of the chips they should have used in the first place. Just Google Jide Remix PC Box. I stand corrected it's a Rock chip 3368
27th June 2016, 11:32 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Android TV, TV being the key word here. It is put in the same category and as competes with Roku,Fire TV, Apple TV etc. The Chinese boxes are marketed as kodi boxes. Would you consider Roku a Gaming console?. If Razer wanted a game console they should have kept Ouya,s OS which I believe to be far better.

I think this is one of those where it's better to agree to disagree.
4th July 2016, 09:38 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 190

More
this is what jide does with their customer.
they drop any old hardware and build new ones.
so yes,do not buy
especially with all under-powered gpu they use in all their cheap products.
it is Chinese after all.
chromebooks will be the way to go.
The Following User Says Thank You to tailslol For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tailslol Ad-Free
5th July 2016, 03:02 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastate2014

Well I contacted Jide to inquire about Remix 3.0 on Mini. It seems Allwinner in all its wisdom has decided not to provide Android 6.0 support for the H64 SOC. So no Remix 3.0 unless Allwinner changes its mind. For me this finishes my folly with this experiment gone bad.

Wow, i got screwed twice. Bought one expecting 4K resolution support as stated in the website and in the kickstarter page, and a year and a half later im still waiting. Now i learn that OS 3.0 is also not happening... I give up.
8th July 2016, 03:52 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
I was hoping to get Marshmallow update for my Remix Mini.

Hope they manage to sort the issue with the chip company out and get on with Marshmallow.
24th August 2017, 08:34 PM |#11  

More
what if i downloaded the zip for remix os 3.0 on a flash drive and installed it via the menu before it starts up
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)