FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Why should I install Remix OS, when there is Phoenix OS too?

129 posts
Thanks Meter: 23

By noman.rasheed, Senior Member on 15th May 2016, 11:06 AM
Post Answer Email Thread
Hi,

I was looking for some Android x86 OS to install on my laptop, so I came across Remix OS. I very much like it, after going through all of features. However, I found Phoenix OS too. I am just super confused now. Which OS should I install; what makes Remix OS better than Phoenix?

Thank you!
You can also install a non windowed version of android x-86, after numerous attempts and a lot of failed boots I ended up using AndEx - Exton Android - http://andex.exton.net/?p=451
Does that mean you paid for it as it isnt free?
Add a Comment

3 Answers

16th May 2016, 06:56 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
1 Votes
Remix OS and Phoenix OS are just two Android distributions - both based on Android x86. So in terms of hardware support, they might be similar. Phoenix OS seems more refined and ready for market, Remix OS is still just beta and has a lot of bugs. On the other hand Remix OS has a much bigger community, help pages, forums and users - with Phoenix OS you are on your own.

All that said, there is a third option. You could simply plug your Android tablet to a keyboard/mouse/screen and forget about all the Android x86 fever. Your hardware will be fully supported, have access to an official Google Android build with all the support included and in the long term there will be less hassle. And now with Android N on the way which supports Remix OS like windows, you will never notice any difference. I myself am going this route. I will wait for Android N tablets, buy a sufficiently performing one and plug it to some peripherals - instant Android desktop, fully supported by Google. No tricks, no hacks, no unsupported hardware.
Regnas 16th May 2016, 07:34 PM
Lol... You're having a bad dream...
Add a Comment
15th May 2016, 11:45 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23

More
0 Votes
Anyone?
arts821 16th May 2016, 01:46 AM
u can install them both, and ur problem solved
Thanks! This initiative is not going to resolve my curiosity.
Add a Comment
16th May 2016, 06:01 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
0 Votes
What I mean is u can try install them both and see which one is most working for ur device or PC cause they have pros and cons between one and another
Add a Comment
Post Answer Subscribe to Thread

Answer Question (no urls or BBcode)
This form is used to answer the question presented at the top of this thread. If you are asking a clarifying question or want to comment on an existing answer, please click on the comment button below that post.