FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: How much did you like RemixOS Hacked Edition?

It is awesome 😎

382 Vote(s)
67.97%
It is good ☺

122 Vote(s)
21.71%
Fair 😑

33 Vote(s)
5.87%
Didn't like it 😞

7 Vote(s)
1.25%
It is a trap! Don't ever download it. 😡

18 Vote(s)
3.20%

Remix OS for PC Hacked Edition [ v3.0.202/Prerooted/Busybox/init.d/Gapps]

161 posts
Thanks Meter: 394

By satyamtg, Senior Member on 27th March 2016, 08:06 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th June 2016, 09:17 PM |#501  
Thanks Meter: 586

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moriel5

Is it time for an update?
I can download it later in the day, hopefully have it on Mega.nz by tomorrow.

Sorry it took some time, Firefox Nightly (on Arch Linux) kept crashing mid-upload, but here it is:

https://mega.nz/#!9lkTWDiI!as99QTFGw...7McLs27t-wfVHM

In the end, I uploaded it using MiXplorer on Remix OS.

it is only 64-bit, there was no 32-bit image.

By the way, here are the pics of MiXplorer on Remix OS.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-06-30-19-02-42.jpg
Views:	846
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	3799454   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-06-30-19-03-00.jpg
Views:	810
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	3799455   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-06-30-19-03-18.jpg
Views:	816
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	3799456  
The Following User Says Thank You to moriel5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift moriel5 Ad-Free

30th June 2016, 10:38 PM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 586

More
Here is someones impressions after he installed this zip (from Baidu source).

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollyjay

I downloaded and installed it. My impression :
1 Locked DOWN, no more root command line
2 No Play Store option
3 Does include keymapping
4 Stock file manager can no longer read the partition on which Remix OS is installed
5 Maybe a little more quick because of changes to disk partition access
This may be because it is currently for Chinese users, hopefully there will be more flexibility with the release

Just as a warning
1st July 2016, 12:10 AM |#503  
Thanks Meter: 499

More
Any ideas on the no WiFi?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
1st July 2016, 12:56 AM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 262

Donate to Me
More
@jamboss u r asking the same question again. First of all this is not the subject to ask the question.
Second - your hardware is probably unsupported (no drivers or bad drivers) and this must be reported via official channels.
Lastly if WiFi doesn't work for you on any Android-x86 build (original, Remix, Phoenix) then it won't work on hacked remix.
This specific build is pretty much just rooted and with preinstalled apps - it has no significant changes over the official version.
People please start thinking - this thread is for discussing problems or ideas evolving around this specific build - so no hardware issues should be discussed here.

Wysłane z mojego Nexus 4 przy użyciu Tapatalka
1st July 2016, 02:07 AM |#505  
Thanks Meter: 269

More
You are better of running systemless root than this rom,
Recommend getting Fdroid and install amaze explorer & adaway from there
even with the system mounted Read-only you can use use adaway with systemless root.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maromi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Maromi Ad-Free
2nd July 2016, 02:19 PM |#506  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I installed this with RemixOs installer tool.

This version is better than original release of RemixOs Thanks for your work.

I have only one problem. When i clicked on time from taskbar, i can see what time is it. But in taskbar it shows only "HH:MM Day".

This is not a big problem, maybe because of my screen resolution.

System: Intel Celeron B830 with Intel HD 2000. 4Gb of RAM.
(sorry for bad english)
4th July 2016, 03:02 AM |#507  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Installed on my Surface Pro 3, works like a gigantic tablet, pen and touchscreen work well. Only issue I had was my fan ran constantly and the machine seemed warmer than it did when running windows 10
5th July 2016, 03:23 AM |#508  
I have spent my free time, for the better part of a week, getting this to triple - boot alongside Xubuntu 16.04 and Win 10. I was trying to do it without any 3rd party applications. In the end I relented and had success with Grub2win. That being said you would think it time for celebration, but no.
I have been rewarded with a horrible user experience. When I click an app, I can leave the room, make a sandwich, eat it, do the dishes and go to the bathroom before it loads. If it loads. 8 out of ten I get a "sorry Chrome or, whatever, is not responding" it will eventually open. After about an hour of going nowhere I get frustrated and exit. I'm pretty sure this is not the norm as my search results bare little fruit. I am also pretty sure that it is me that has screwed this pooch. I'd like to know if there are any ideas.

Running an HP Pavillion 15. 8Gb RAM, 1Tb hdd.
AMD A10-5745M APU w/Radeon HD Graphics
2.10Ghz

I installed Remix to a 64Gb partition, the last on the hard drive.

Not sure what's up. Windows and Xubuntu run great.
I have been really excited about this venture and would like to continue on. Right now the outlook is bleak.
I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

P.S. I have: cleared cache, cleared data, reset sync, installed Play Services via the terminal, signed out of Google and signed back in, signed out of Chrome and signed back in, signed out of Gmail and signed back in. I think I have tried all of the possible fixes described in the thread. Hoping it's not hardware.

Also of note. I mounted the partition in the /media/"username"/uuid# directory. Could this be the problem?
5th July 2016, 12:08 PM |#509  

Donate to Me
More
@bg260 read up on "disable media scanner" - this might help you a lot.
Remix 2.0.205 has retarded media scanning feature which scans all the drived all the time using up CPU and I/O.
Easy way to check if this is the problem is also installing a previous or newer Remix.

Other than that I think you have bad hardware for this. AMD CPU and GPU work worse as they never had any official Android support. (Intel had).

The Following User Says Thank You to Vioner For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Vioner Ad-Free
5th July 2016, 12:39 PM |#510  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventricle

read up on "disable media scanner" - this might help you a lot.
Remix 2.0.205 has retarded media scanning feature which scans all the drived all the time using up CPU and I/O.
Easy way to check if this is the problem is also installing a previous or newer Remix.

Other than that I think you have bad hardware for this. AMD CPU and GPU work worse as they never had any official Android support. (Intel had).

That was what I was worried about. I am going to try to umount /data and see if that helps. (I've only got 300Gb of media in there) The good news , at least hardware wise. My other laptop is an ASUS with Intel Inside. Only 4Gb RAM though. Not sure if I want to triple-boot it or not. Thanks for responding.
5th July 2016, 12:51 PM |#511  

Donate to Me
More
Unmounting will barely help - scanning will go on on Android system and data partitions.

The Following User Says Thank You to Vioner For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Vioner Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
busybox, gapps, hacked, prerooted, remixos

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)