Remove All Ads from XDA

stuck at remix os boot screen

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By vlgyneco, Junior Member on 5th March 2016, 09:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,
I've got a strange problem:
-remix os works good when is install on usb (the alpha & the beta )
-remix os stuck at remix os boot screen when it's installed on ssd
What can i do (because on usb it's not very fast)?
atom n270 (32 bit)
gpu intel 945

Thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to vlgyneco For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vlgyneco Ad-Free

5th March 2016, 09:43 PM |#2  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlgyneco

Hello,
I've got a strange problem:
-remix os works good when is install on usb (the alpha & the beta )
-remix os stuck at remix os boot screen when it's installed on ssd
What can i do (because on usb it's not very fast)?
atom n270 (32 bit)
gpu intel 945

Thank you

Here too for resident mode guest mode worked after vga=791
5th March 2016, 09:51 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matam AlHaidariya

this could help both of you
http://forum.xda-developers.com/remi...ls-vm-t3328973
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bombo1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bombo1 Ad-Free
5th March 2016, 09:55 PM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombo1

Trying hope it work thanks
5th March 2016, 11:06 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

thank you, but your url it's about virtualisation and my problem concern install in ssd
6th March 2016, 06:01 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlgyneco

thank you, but your url it's about virtualisation and my problem concern install in ssd

Use steps 4 to 6 after you boot from USB with Remix OS, you will be able to reformat and install the OS again
6th March 2016, 02:00 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

Use steps 4 to 6 after you boot from USB with Remix OS, you will be able to reformat and install the OS again

I whil try this today and will tel you
2nd February 2017, 12:07 AM |#8  
Flag Edinburgh
Thanks Meter: 2

More
RE: Stuck at Remix OS boot screen
After much playing around and trial and error, I've managed to fix the flashing logo problem;

A lot of the scripts for the grub entry are needlessly complex, so I'll try and outline it as simply as I can. Make sure you use the grub customizer gui app (http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/...ntu-16-04-lts/) because it handles the different variations on the grub system from ubuntu-based distributions.

Since you will probably be at the stage of actually getting to the Remix OS flashing logo, I'll outline the details for the entry script in grub customizer that works and is fairly easy to follow;

The insmod entries may not all be needed, but including them all doesn't do any harm;

insmod gzio
insmod part_gpt
insmod ext2

The set root command tells grub where to find your RemixOs partition or folder, you can find your partition numbers by typing sudo fdisk -l in a terminal, it will list lots of /dev/sda[x] entries. eg (/dev/sda0, /dev/sda1 and so on) /dev/sda0 is your first partition on your first hard disk, which will be hd0 for grub. If you have more than one physical hard disk you will also have /dev/sdb entries here too, those will be hd1 for grub.

If you have RemixOS installed in your first hard disk hd0, and in the 3rd partition /dev/sda3 the line in the grub entry will be;

set root=(hd0,3)

The next few lines are telling grub which files to load up for RemixOS and are fairly simple by comparison;

linux /kernel /root=/dev/ram0

You will recall that 'kernel' is one of the files you extracted from the RemixOS ISO, this command basically tells the OS to load the kernel for Remix into ram. The next line is a bit more complicated, but it's the meat of the whole RemixOS system, after this command you can tell RemixOS which options you want to enable for your system. There are too many options to list here, so we'll keep it simple.

androidboot.hardware=RemixOS_x86_64 androidboot.selinux=permissive SRC=/system.img

This is also a fairly simple line, if you have an older x86 only machine, make sure you delete the '_64' at the end of the androidboot.hardware line. The next section androidboot.selinux=permissive is required. Lastly the SRC= line is the part I missed out when I was loading it for the first time. You have to make sure you point this SRC= to the system.img that you originally extracted from the ISO. The rest of the commands after this are the specific options you can configure, I'll leave that to your research

Finally, the last line initrd /initrd.img is required and also not terribly complicated.

The entry in grub customizer therefore should look a lot like this:

insmod gzio
insmod part_gpt
insmod part_msdos
insmod ext

set root='(hd0,3)'
linux /kernel root=/dev/ram0
androidboot.hardware=RemisOS_x86_64 androidboot.selinux=permissive SRC=/system.img
initrd /initrd.img

Bearing in mind to adjust where necessary for your own system, hope this helps!!!!

PSon't forget to SAVE entry in grub customizer!!!
20th October 2017, 04:13 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matam AlHaidariya

if your still having issues this worked for me www youtube com/ watch?v=3Vl25bJeGn8 just take out the spaces and insert periods
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)