FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Remix player no hardware keyboard support?

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Saiber77, Junior Member on 30th September 2016, 10:01 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have downloaded and run Remix OS Player on two different computers now and neither one of them has captured my hardware keyboard, I can use the onscreen keyboard but that really lessens the functionality and is half the point of having it run on a desktop. Can anyone advise as to how to resolve this issue? The options, advanced options, and the OS options are so dummy proofed it is impossible to do anything advanced. Is there config files I can edit or...?
 
 
1st October 2016, 01:56 PM |#2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
I had this happen once right after installation and running the Google Play Store activator and couldn't login in to the Play Store because I couldn't type on the physical keyboard. I shutdown the player, restarted it, and then the problem went away. Might work for you.
2nd October 2016, 04:52 PM |#3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Hi.

I have this too, regardless if I restart or not. I actually can't figure out what I have to change in language and imput options to have my keyboard back. The only thing I can do is using the virtual keyboard. I think this happened when I changed the language to french, or tried the virtual keyboard for the first time before then deactivating it. Since I can't find a reset config to default, I'm going to reinstall.

If anyone have a guess how getting my azerty hardware keyboard back, could he please explain ? I find the way the multiple language/imput options are displayed isn't very clear and whatever I do it doesn't work. I'm visibly not alone since this thread is already open, and it may be useful.

Edit : looks like the config files are not in the remix folder. After new installation in different folder, it's directly the same with the new separated machine.
3rd October 2016, 01:05 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzeek

I had this happen once right after installation and running the Google Play Store activator and couldn't login in to the Play Store because I couldn't type on the physical keyboard. I shutdown the player, restarted it, and then the problem went away. Might work for you.

There never was any actual ability to use the physical keyboard even though the settings say it's present. No amount of fiddling with the unintuitive settings seems to correct the problem. My keyboard is a Saitek Eclipse USB keyboard on Windows 7 x64. I imagine this must be a limitation of the emulator or some basic setting. The two systems I have run this on are very similar setups with the exception that the other one uses a PS2 mouse and keyboard. Shortcuts like CTRL + ALT to unbind keyboard and mouse function normally so why not typing inside the emulator?
3rd October 2016, 11:23 AM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiber77

There never was any actual ability to use the physical keyboard even though the settings say it's present. No amount of fiddling with the unintuitive settings seems to correct the problem. My keyboard is a Saitek Eclipse USB keyboard on Windows 7 x64. I imagine this must be a limitation of the emulator or some basic setting. The two systems I have run this on are very similar setups with the exception that the other one uses a PS2 mouse and keyboard. Shortcuts like CTRL + ALT to unbind keyboard and mouse function normally so why not typing inside the emulator?

I don't understand. Are you saying you have never been able to use your computer's keyboard ? Well sorry, you already said it sooner too. I didn't read it was the same person.

The thing is I could use it till two days ago, and I'm not the only one. I could type the physical keyboard at first start of the player without doing anything, it was default. Then probably messed up with the options I touched and can't have it back. RemixOS live or hardware installed have the keyboard detected and used as default. So does the player (except maybe you but it must just be that your keyboard isn't recognized or I don't know what.

Detection and options problem here. No lack in feature like I understand you are thinking.
3rd October 2016, 09:51 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I am saying that there has been not one moment I could use my computer's physical keyboard in Remix OS player, not for the very first initial run nor extracting it to a different folder, it works just fine on both computers for Windows use though. I am using the PS2 keyboard as I type this... I wouldn't think it would be difficult for the player to bind to a generic Human Interface Device or a USB keyboard... Both Mice work just fine so I figure it's just a bad config file or something. Hopefully someone figures it out soon as it's annoying to say the least.
3rd October 2016, 10:36 PM |#7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Since I had it then lost it. Could one user or more, whose physical keyboard works since the beginning and who never changed anything to default config, screen all his/their language/keyboard relater configs please ? This may do.
5th October 2016, 07:55 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Guess they don't care... oh well... Nox it is.
8th October 2016, 03:56 PM |#9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
If this can help some people forced to use virtual keyboard too. After looking for a suitable virtual keyboard, I ended using Minuum Keyboard and Hacker's Keyboard app. The first takes the less place possible, and the 2nd looks like it has the better ratio between space used and easy access to all keys (it's sort of computer keyboard replica) ... waiting for this issue resolve if it is resolved a day, this will sorta do the trick ... But the problem really sucks.
10th October 2016, 09:27 AM |#10  
Remix OS Rep
Flag Beijing
Thanks Meter: 411
 
More
@Saiber77 @dzeek @Esdeve - Sorry to be late with this reply. I did share your issue with our product manager and he's been working on a fix with the developer team. We believe we've isolated the issue to the Gaming toolkit causing some incompatibilities with certain hardware drivers and configurations. We're still in the middle of working on it but I'll definitely update when there's news.

@Saiber77 - And, we always read and care... just somewhat short on resources and we just finished a week-long public holiday here.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiber77

I have downloaded and run Remix OS Player on two different computers now and neither one of them has captured my hardware keyboard, I can use the onscreen keyboard but that really lessens the functionality and is half the point of having it run on a desktop. Can anyone advise as to how to resolve this issue? The options, advanced options, and the OS options are so dummy proofed it is impossible to do anything advanced. Is there config files I can edit or...?

The Following User Says Thank You to RemixOS_Jason For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RemixOS_Jason Ad-Free
10th October 2016, 05:47 PM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I just installed Remix Player on my Intel NUC and find that my keyboard is not recognized at all. I have a Corsair K70 keyboard that besides being an incredible mechanical keyboard works otherwise great under Windows 10. Hopefully Jide can provide a solution.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes