3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Peggya, Junior Member on 26th September 2017, 01:57 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
How do I install remix on Nextbook ares 11 official build

12th January 2019, 08:36 PM |#2  

More
Remix might be a NO-GO! Windows Rooting Easy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggya

Message me for the link to the .zip file.

1) FULLY CHARGE YOUR NEXTBOOK!
2) Extract NXA11_root_kit.zip to C:\NXA116QC164
3) Install IntelAndroidDrvSetup1.10.0.exe
4) Copy SuperSU.zip to your micro SD card (Do not install it into the Tablet yet)
5) Open CMD as Administrator in Windows (Right click run as administrator)
6) In CMD (Command Prop) Type cd C:\NXA116QC164
7) Power off your NextBook completely press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time until the NextBook logo apears and then let go of the power button and continue holding the power down button until it boots into the bootloader
8) Connect your tablet to the Windows computer with the micro USB data cable
9) In CMD type fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
10) Install the SD card to your tablet and disconect the USB cable and connect keyboard/touchpad
11) Using Volume down select Recovery Mode and press the Power Button
12) Using the touchpad on the attached keyboard click on Wipe Click on Format Data Type yes Click Go
13) Click the Home Icon on the bottom left Click on Install
14) Select SuperSU.zip (You may have to select external storage and navigate to find it, Swipe to Confirm Flash
15) Click the Home button and go to Wipe, swipe the do a Factory Reset
16) Reboot System (First Boot will take a while but it will work)

***What to do if you have no SD-Card***
1) Do all the above step skipping the SD-Card steps once booted into the system and Download the UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.82-20170528234214.zip from Chainfire to your downloads folder
2) Power off your NextBook completely press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time until the NextBook logo apears and then let go of the power button and continue holding the power down button until it boots into the bootloader Using Volume down select Recovery Mode and press the Power Button
3) Click on Install Select UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.82-20170528234214.zip (You may have to select internal storage and navigate to Downloads to find it, Swipe to Confirm Flash
4) Reboot System

Message me for the link to the .zip file.

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

Quote:

Contact info: [email protected]
13th January 2019, 10:09 AM |#3  

More
Update Remix OS
Quote:

Once you completed rooting look for a file or link to a zip file named Ares8_NXA8QC116_RemixOS_v2.0-20161115.zip copy it to an sd card and install it using TWRP recovery. I did this to mine and it seems to work well so far. it boots and only been on it 5 minutes but good so far.

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

My Tablet in a NXA116QC164 and the Remix I pointed out does indead work. The zip file i used in twrp came grom this post https://www.google.com/amp/s/forum.x...-t3498015/amp/
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)