FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro S

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By vgpalmieri, Junior Member on 25th May 2016, 05:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,
I just tried to install Remix OS 2.0.205 64-bit UEFI boot on my brand new Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro S. The procedure went well and I could boot ok. Unfortunately the touch screen and the wireless are both not working. Rest seems to be ok, but without wireless, there is not much I can do...
The Following User Says Thank You to vgpalmieri For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vgpalmieri Ad-Free

2nd July 2016, 08:00 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Hello....we're you ever able to get this running on your tabpro s? I'm contemplating buying a tabpro.

Sent from my SM-P905V using XDA-Developers mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to dally28 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dally28 Ad-Free
26th August 2016, 05:36 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I just bought this tablet and I would like to know too. I feel like remix on this would be amazing...
The Following User Says Thank You to mrDmola For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mrDmola Ad-Free
28th August 2016, 11:22 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Hey, I've confirmed that Remix OS 3.0 does boot on my Galaxy Tab Pro S and the touch screen does work along with the keyboard! Wi-Fi, screen brightness control, and the touchpad is not working though.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrDmola For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mrDmola Ad-Free
7th September 2016, 12:29 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrDmola

Hey, I've confirmed that Remix OS 3.0 does boot on my Galaxy Tab Pro S and the touch screen does work along with the keyboard! Wi-Fi, screen brightness control, and the touchpad is not working though.

How can this be sorted out as I would love to have this on my Tabpro S!
7th September 2016, 02:07 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrDmola

Hi I too have a tabpro s, and want to install remix os or stock android. My question is have you install on a partition? or usb stick? if on a partition does it automatically give you an option to boot into windows/ remix? or is there a separate method.

Speaking of brightness is there an option to set the brightness before booting? some laptops had this feature.
last question is installing remix the same as installing a stock marshmallow rom?
7th September 2016, 04:26 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nielo360

Hi I too have a tabpro s, and want to install remix os or stock android. My question is have you install on a partition? or usb stick? if on a partition does it automatically give you an option to boot into windows/ remix? or is there a separate method.

Speaking of brightness is there an option to set the brightness before booting? some laptops had this feature.
last question is installing remix the same as installing a stock marshmallow rom?

I'm going to install it on my Tabpro S tonight and will report back.
The Following User Says Thank You to Biggenz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Biggenz Ad-Free
7th September 2016, 04:28 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggenz

I'm going to install it on my Tabpro S tonight and will report back.

EDIT2: or these methods also from the xda remix 3.0 threads
In /system/build.prop change ro.remixos.box=true to false (should give brithness icon on the bottom)
or
Use Fn+left or right key combination
or
Edit: try this https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nesslevelGreat!
it was mentioned on another xda remix 3.0 thread.
looking forward to it Im waiting for my usb adapter but might consider the partition method if brightness can be lowerd via a work around to save battery or fixed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nielo360 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nielo360 Ad-Free
8th September 2016, 09:15 AM |#9  

More
I installed it last night and can confirm what mrDmola said. Everything works fine apart from wifi and screen brightness. For me the keyboard and track pad DID work. Such a shame as it's a brilliant OS.

Are there any developers who can sort this out for some beer money?
8th September 2016, 12:55 PM |#10  

More
I'd donate if someone was willing to fix WiFi and brightness as its an excellent device for dual booting. Currently I use splashtop windows store version to stream ami duo os android from my desktop. It works flawlessly lag free with most games and touch screen works well with splashtop. I'd prefer remix however as a native os.
8th September 2016, 01:08 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nielo360

I'd donate if someone was willing to fix WiFi and brightness as its an excellent device for dual booting. Currently I use splashtop windows store version to stream ami duo os android from my desktop. It works flawlessly lag free with most games and touch screen works well with splashtop. I'd prefer remix however as a native os.

I tried installing Android-x86 but that doesn't even boot. I just get a black screen and my Tabpro S becomes unresponsive. I couldn't switch it back on and nearly got worried. A soft reset sorted it out.

Then I also tried Phoenix OS which works fine on my PC, but same again on the Tabpro, it won't boot. Just goes black screen and then nothing.

Nielo have you tried Phoenix OS by any chance? If not could you try to install it and let me know your findings please?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)