I proudly present Kirisakura-Kernel made for the Asus Rog Phone 2 aka Yoda!
Please note this is an early version of my Kernel. I´ll plan on bringing in many more changes as Android 10 drops for the Rog Phone 2. As of this time the kernel is made for Android Pie/9. There´s no kernel source available for the Android 10 Beta.
This is an enhanced version of the stock kernel. No crazy changes, just upstream changes to various subsystems for now and a few things I personally like to have.
Kirisakura - Kernel is designed to bring a handful of beneficial features to the device, while ensuring excellent performance and smoothness to get you safely through the day!
The EAS implementation is heavily updated with changes from CAF, kernel/common and other improvements.
To have a read about our scheduler, which is called EAS, take a look here:
- Based on latest kernel sources from Asus for Android Pie
- compiled with Clang 10.0.0 and built with -O3 speed optimizations
- ZRAM patched up to latest kernel/common state and use LZ4 as default compression algorithm to improve memory managment
- Safety Net patches are included -> Kernel passes Safety Net
- Flashing the kernel will keep root!
- Sweep to sleep functionality
- Anykernel zip is based on the all new Anykernel3 release from @osm0sis
EAS related features:
- EAS implementation patched up to latest CAF state
- disable autogroups and use cgroups for more efficient task placement!
- improved schedutil governor
- updates from kernel/common
CPU related features:
- Power saving workingqueues enabled by default
have a read here: https://lwn.net/Articles/731052/
this complements EAS in general
- cpufreq/times vastly improved
File System related features:
- Set the bio REQ_NOENCRYPT flag (When lower layers such as dm-crypt observe the REQ_NOENCRYPT flag, it helps the I/O stack avoid redundant encryption, improving performance and power utilization. ) (CAF default)
Network related features:
- Wireguard Support (Details)
- advanced TCP algorithms enabled
- includes new bbr and bbr2
Memory related features:
- Speculative Page Faults (1. 2) (CAF default)
- Fix various memory leaks in different subsystems
- enabled per process reclaim (CAF default)
Security related features:
- built with self built clang 10
- advanced wakelock blocker with the ability to block any wakelocks (dangerous, use with caution)
- please read this for further info
- disable logging to make the kernel more lightweight in various places
Feature section for the "non visible" but perceptible improvements:
- updated binder section (responsible for interprocess communication)
- updated sdcardfs ; have a read about it here:
- disable auditing for lower overhead
- unlocked Bootloader
- USB-Debugging in developer options enabled
- latest adb and fastboot binaries
- working adb and fastboot environment
- magisk root
How to flash the Kernel:
1. Download the latest kernel.zip
1a. Optional: While it may not be necessary all times, you may want to restore stock boot.img, re-root with magisk and optionally install twrp.zip if coming from another kernel. Before reporting issues make sure you do that! Thank you!
2. Make sure to use latest Magisk stable. (not the latest canary!)
3. Flash the kernel.zip via latest EXKM or FKM app, or TWRP (haven´t tested TWRP myself as I don´t need it)
4. Reboot and profit.
Download is located always in this folder:
Important: Read after Download
Please take a look at the second post after flashing the kernel!
1.0.0 Initial Release
Donations are not mandatory but very welcome if you want to support development or just buy me a coffee
If you like my work: http://paypal.me/freak07
Asus for the Rog Phone 2
@osm0sis for all his work, including the ak2 installer!
@tbalden for being the best HTC wingman!
@LeeDroid for his awesome roms!
@Captain_Throwback for all the mentoring and guidance!
@Eliminater74 for bringing me into the game and the Inspiration
@nathanchance for his upstream guidance and assistance
@RenderBroken for helping me out
@flar2 for all his work
@joshuous for all the help he provided to me in the past!
@arter97 for giving me advice
@kdrag0n for his help too
@topjohnwu for magisk!
@osm0sis for anykernel!
Kirisakura Kernel, Kernel for the ASUS ROG Phone II
Source Code: https://github.com/freak07/Kirisakur...master_release
Kernel Special Features:
Last Updated 2020-01-04