FORUMS

Repair your ROG2 phone with EDL mode,Official firmware!

27 posts
Thanks Meter: 33
 
By johnny886, Junior Member on 30th November 2019, 11:42 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
If your phone can only enter EDL mode (9008 mode)

this firmware is glad to help you. It can be flashed in through

the QPST tool, or it can be flashed in through the Xiaomi miflash tool.

To use the QPST tool, you must change the EMMC to UFS. No matter which tool you use,

you must restore the factory settings after the phone is turned on, otherwise the storage

of the phone will recognize the error! !! !!

Factory settings must be restored after booting! !! !!

The firmware is made through the official package UL-ASUS_I001_1-ASUS-16.0631.1910.35-1.1.207-user.zip

without any modification, Suitable for repairing phones that can only enter edl mode(9008 mode).

File Downlaod link:https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Pk...Sf6cDq7SuJiBBu
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to johnny886 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift johnny886 Ad-Free
30th November 2019, 11:26 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Success!!!
This is awesome! Thanks much. I don't understand what you mean by "Factory setting must be restored after booting" though. Do you mean you need to go into Recovery mode and wipe the data?

Here's some instructions I put together that would have helped save me a lot of time. Please correct anything I missed:


After you have downloaded the zip file, here are the step-by-step instructions:
1. Extract the zipped folder wherever you want on your PC.
2. Open a CMD window.
3. cd /d <whatever path it is to the "\ASUS_ROG2_ZS660KL_QPST_Firmware\images" folder> e.g., "cd /d D:\RogPhoneII\ASUS_ROG2_ZS660KL_QPST_Firmware\imag es"
4. Make sure your PC is connected to the side port of your phone and the phone is in fastboot mode (Volume UP button + Power button).
5. Check and make sure your PC is connected properly by entering "fastboot devices" in the command window. You should see the ID of your device.
6. Then enter "fastboot oem enter-dload" in the command window. This will put the phone in emergency download mode (EDL). My phone went all black.
7. Open "\ASUS_ROG2_ZS660KL_QPST_Firmware\MiFlash2018-5-28-0" folder. Launch "XiaoMiFlash.exe".
8. Click "refresh". You should see a device in the list.
9. Click "select" and navigate to the "\ASUS_ROG2_ZS660KL_QPST_Firmware\images" folder.
10. Click "flash". Wait until it says "success".
11. After it's done, you'll hold down the UP button, Down button, and Power button on the phone at the same time until it shuts down.
12. Hold Up button and Power button at same to boot into fastboot mode again. Select Recovery mode by using the Up/Down buttons on the phone. Press the Power button to select.
13. Select "wipe data" from the drop down list. Go down the list of "no" until you get to the "yes" and press the Power button.
14. Select "reboot now".
15. Done.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greywookiee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift greywookiee Ad-Free
1st December 2019, 04:15 AM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywookiee

This is awesome! Thanks much. I don't understand what you mean by "Factory setting must be restored after booting" though. Do you mean you need to go into Recovery mode and wipe the data?

Here's some instructions I put together that would have helped save me a lot of time. Please correct anything I missed:


After you have downloaded the zip file, here are the step-by-step instructions:
1. Extract the zipped folder wherever you want on your PC.
2. Open a CMD window.
3. cd /d <whatever path it is to the "\ASUS_ROG2_ZS660KL_QPST_Firmware\images" folder> e.g., "cd /d D:\RogPhoneII\ASUS_ROG2_ZS660KL_QPST_Firmware\imag es"
4. Make sure your PC is connected to the side port of your phone and the phone is in fastboot mode (Volume UP button + Power button).
5. Check and make sure your PC is connected properly by entering "fastboot devices" in the command window. You should see the ID of your device.
6. Then enter "fastboot oem enter-dload" in the command window. This will put the phone in emergency download mode (EDL). My phone went all black.
7. Open "\ASUS_ROG2_ZS660KL_QPST_Firmware\MiFlash2018-5-28-0" folder. Launch "XiaoMiFlash.exe".
8. Click "refresh". You should see a device in the list.
9. Click "select" and navigate to the "\ASUS_ROG2_ZS660KL_QPST_Firmware\images" folder.
10. Click "flash". Wait until it says "success".
11. After it's done, you'll hold down the UP button, Down button, and Power button on the phone at the same time until it shuts down.
12. Hold Up button and Power button at same to boot into fastboot mode again. Select Recovery mode by using the Up/Down buttons on the phone. Press the Power button to select.
13. Select "wipe data" from the drop down list. Go down the list of "no" until you get to the "yes" and press the Power button.
14. Select "reboot now".
15. Done.

Hi is the ASUS_ROG2_ZS660KL_QPST_Firmware\images
Folder in the zip you posted? Where do I find it?
1st December 2019, 05:06 AM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJay83

Hi is the ASUS_ROG2_ZS660KL_QPST_Firmware\images
Folder in the zip you posted? Where do I find it?

The first entry of this thread.
1st December 2019, 10:20 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 189
 
More
Is the official firmware WW or CN?

I'm just thinking this is probably an easier way for CN guys to get WW if the QPST fw is WW
2nd December 2019, 04:01 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheetah2k

Is the official firmware WW or CN?

I'm just thinking this is probably an easier way for CN guys to get WW if the QPST fw is WW

ww
The Following User Says Thank You to johnny886 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift johnny886 Ad-Free
2nd December 2019, 04:02 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywookiee

This is awesome! Thanks much. I don't understand what you mean by "Factory setting must be restored after booting" though. Do you mean you need to go into Recovery mode and wipe the data?

Here's some instructions I put together that would have helped save me a lot of time. Please correct anything I missed:


After you have downloaded the zip file, here are the step-by-step instructions:
1. Extract the zipped folder wherever you want on your PC.
2. Open a CMD window.
3. cd /d <whatever path it is to the "\ASUS_ROG2_ZS660KL_QPST_Firmware\images" folder> e.g., "cd /d D:\RogPhoneII\ASUS_ROG2_ZS660KL_QPST_Firmware\imag es"
4. Make sure your PC is connected to the side port of your phone and the phone is in fastboot mode (Volume UP button + Power button).
5. Check and make sure your PC is connected properly by entering "fastboot devices" in the command window. You should see the ID of your device.
6. Then enter "fastboot oem enter-dload" in the command window. This will put the phone in emergency download mode (EDL). My phone went all black.
7. Open "\ASUS_ROG2_ZS660KL_QPST_Firmware\MiFlash2018-5-28-0" folder. Launch "XiaoMiFlash.exe".
8. Click "refresh". You should see a device in the list.
9. Click "select" and navigate to the "\ASUS_ROG2_ZS660KL_QPST_Firmware\images" folder.
10. Click "flash". Wait until it says "success".
11. After it's done, you'll hold down the UP button, Down button, and Power button on the phone at the same time until it shuts down.
12. Hold Up button and Power button at same to boot into fastboot mode again. Select Recovery mode by using the Up/Down buttons on the phone. Press the Power button to select.
13. Select "wipe data" from the drop down list. Go down the list of "no" until you get to the "yes" and press the Power button.
14. Select "reboot now".
15. Done.

Yes
2nd December 2019, 06:56 AM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheetah2k

Is the official firmware WW or CN?

I'm just thinking this is probably an easier way for CN guys to get WW if the QPST fw is WW

I think you're right.

---------- Post added at 07:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywookiee

I think you're right.

Though, you still want to be able to do updates and stuff without needing someone to break all the files out into separate images. This was a huge life saver thanks to John.
2nd January 2020, 12:35 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
Please help me. I have widevine security L3 instead of L1 (also at relock bootloader). Here is what happen to me:
1. Unlock the bootloader and get persist.img, but wrong size of package then i have lost the serial number (C4ATAS000000). The size of persist file is 16mb instead of 32mb by default.
2. Try to get another persist.img from another device, then use Ultra editor to find and change back to my real Serial Number. And it worked.
3. Figure out widevine security is always stay at L3, whenever bootloader is re-locked. Also Asus unlock bootloader apk from asus homepage is not working, it said "error network".
4. Do flash raw from all version, also factory reset...etc but no luck.
.............................................
Do you know what is really happened when we flash wrong persist.img and flash another persist (which is already change Serial number back to real one)?
2nd January 2020, 04:00 PM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Mistake
8th January 2020, 06:03 PM |#11  
ouychiat's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:

If your phone can only enter EDL mode (9008 mode)

this firmware is glad to help you. It can be flashed in through

the QPST tool, or it can be flashed in through the Xiaomi miflash tool.

To use the QPST tool, you must change the EMMC to UFS. No matter which tool you use,

you must restore the factory settings after the phone is turned on, otherwise the storage

of the phone will recognize the error! !! !!

Factory settings must be restored after booting! !! !!

The firmware is made through the official package UL-ASUS_I001_1-ASUS-16.0631.1910.35-1.1.207-user.zip

without any modification, Suitable for repairing phones that can only enter edl mode(9008 mode).

File Downlaod link:https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Pk...Sf6cDq7SuJiBBu

godmode post! thank you sir! Fixed my bricked rog 2
The Following User Says Thank You to ouychiat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ouychiat Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes