Repair your ROG2 phone with EDL mode,Official firmware!

Search This thread

greywookiee

Nov 30, 2019
Success!!!

This is awesome! Thanks much. I don't understand what you mean by "Factory setting must be restored after booting" though. Do you mean you need to go into Recovery mode and wipe the data?

Here's some instructions I put together that would have helped save me a lot of time. Please correct anything I missed:

After you have downloaded the zip file, here are the step-by-step instructions:
1. Extract the zipped folder wherever you want on your PC.
2. Open a CMD window.
3. cd /d <whatever path it is to the "\ASUS_ROG2_ZS660KL_QPST_Firmware\images" folder> e.g., "cd /d D:\RogPhoneII\ASUS_ROG2_ZS660KL_QPST_Firmware\images"
4. Make sure your PC is connected to the side port of your phone and the phone is in fastboot mode (Volume UP button + Power button).
5. Check and make sure your PC is connected properly by entering "fastboot devices" in the command window. You should see the ID of your device.
6. Then enter "fastboot oem enter-dload" in the command window. This will put the phone in emergency download mode (EDL). My phone went all black.
7. Open "\ASUS_ROG2_ZS660KL_QPST_Firmware\MiFlash2018-5-28-0" folder. Launch "XiaoMiFlash.exe".
8. Click "refresh". You should see a device in the list.
9. Click "select" and navigate to the "\ASUS_ROG2_ZS660KL_QPST_Firmware\images" folder.
10. Click "flash". Wait until it says "success".
11. After it's done, you'll hold down the UP button, Down button, and Power button on the phone at the same time until it shuts down.
12. Hold Up button and Power button at same to boot into fastboot mode again. Select Recovery mode by using the Up/Down buttons on the phone. Press the Power button to select.
13. Select "wipe data" from the drop down list. Go down the list of "no" until you get to the "yes" and press the Power button.
14. Select "reboot now".
15. Done.

PJay83

Nov 20, 2019
This is awesome! Thanks much. I don't understand what you mean by "Factory setting must be restored after booting" though. Do you mean you need to go into Recovery mode and wipe the data?

Here's some instructions I put together that would have helped save me a lot of time. Please correct anything I missed:

2. Open a CMD window.
3. cd /d <whatever path it is to the "\ASUS_ROG2_ZS660KL_QPST_Firmware\images" folder> e.g., "cd /d D:\RogPhoneII\ASUS_ROG2_ZS660KL_QPST_Firmware\images"
4. Make sure your PC is connected to the side port of your phone and the phone is in fastboot mode (Volume UP button + Power button).
5. Check and make sure your PC is connected properly by entering "fastboot devices" in the command window. You should see the ID of your device.
6. Then enter "fastboot oem enter-dload" in the command window. This will put the phone in emergency download mode (EDL). My phone went all black.
7. Open "\ASUS_ROG2_ZS660KL_QPST_Firmware\MiFlash2018-5-28-0" folder. Launch "XiaoMiFlash.exe".
9. Click "select" and navigate to the "\ASUS_ROG2_ZS660KL_QPST_Firmware\images" folder.
11. After it's done, you'll hold down the UP button, Down button, and Power button on the phone at the same time until it shuts down.
12. Hold Up button and Power button at same to boot into fastboot mode again. Select Recovery mode by using the Up/Down buttons on the phone. Press the Power button to select.
13. Select "wipe data" from the drop down list. Go down the list of "no" until you get to the "yes" and press the Power button.
14. Select "reboot now".
15. Done.

Hi is the ASUS_ROG2_ZS660KL_QPST_Firmware\images
Folder in the zip you posted? Where do I find it?

cheetah2k

May 27, 2008
Brisbane
Is the official firmware WW or CN?

I'm just thinking this is probably an easier way for CN guys to get WW if the QPST fw is WW

johnny886

Sep 21, 2018

2. Open a CMD window.
14. Select "reboot now".
15. Done.

Yes

greywookiee

Nov 30, 2019
Is the official firmware WW or CN?

I'm just thinking this is probably an easier way for CN guys to get WW if the QPST fw is WW

I think you're right.

---------- Post added at 07:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 AM ----------

I think you're right.

Though, you still want to be able to do updates and stuff without needing someone to break all the files out into separate images. This was a huge life saver thanks to John.

tuannghia1985

Jun 5, 2007
Asus ROG Phone 6 / 6 Pro
Please help me. I have widevine security L3 instead of L1 (also at relock bootloader). Here is what happen to me:
1. Unlock the bootloader and get persist.img, but wrong size of package then i have lost the serial number (C4ATAS000000). The size of persist file is 16mb instead of 32mb by default.
2. Try to get another persist.img from another device, then use Ultra editor to find and change back to my real Serial Number. And it worked.
3. Figure out widevine security is always stay at L3, whenever bootloader is re-locked. Also Asus unlock bootloader apk from asus homepage is not working, it said "error network".
4. Do flash raw from all version, also factory reset...etc but no luck.
Do you know what is really happened when we flash wrong persist.img and flash another persist (which is already change Serial number back to real one)?

ouychiat

Nov 12, 2012
If your phone can only enter EDL mode (9008 mode)

this firmware is glad to help you. It can be flashed in through

the QPST tool, or it can be flashed in through the Xiaomi miflash tool.

To use the QPST tool, you must change the EMMC to UFS. No matter which tool you use,

you must restore the factory settings after the phone is turned on, otherwise the storage

of the phone will recognize the error! !! !!

Factory settings must be restored after booting! !! !!

The firmware is made through the official package UL-ASUS_I001_1-ASUS-16.0631.1910.35-1.1.207-user.zip

without any modification, Suitable for repairing phones that can only enter edl mode(9008 mode).

File Downlaod link:https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Pk...Sf6cDq7SuJiBBu

godmode post! thank you sir! Fixed my bricked rog 2

Reactions: ltth

ltth

Dec 13, 2018
Malmo
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

To use the QPST tool, you must change the EMMC to UFS. No matter which tool you use,

you must restore the factory settings after the phone is turned on, otherwise the storage

The firmware is made through the official package UL-ASUS_I001_1-ASUS-16.0631.1910.35-1.1.207-user.zip

without any modification, Suitable for repairing phones that can only enter edl mode(9008 mode).

File Downlaod link:https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Pkt2k82JtK66DzJn3tSf6cDq7SuJiBBu

How do I change To use the QPST tool, you must change the EMMC to UFS. No matter which tool you use.

ouychiat

Nov 12, 2012

Hi, I've managed to unbrick my ROG Phone II Tencent Edition 8/128 with a locked bootloader having "slot _a" error. Provided that you can do fastboot.

My equipment for flashing, for sure you already have ADB installed in your computer, my computer is an x64 Intel Windows 10 laptop, I used USB 2.0 not USB 3.0

Credit to @johnny886 for the sharing the tool,
"If your phone can only enter EDL mode (9008 mode)
To use the QPST tool, you must change the EMMC to UFS. No matter which tool you use, -(I personally :did" not change anything, I just downloaded the file and followed grewookie's instruction below )
File Downlaod link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Pk...Sf6cDq7SuJiBBu"

Credits to @greywookiee for the super clear instruction:
"Here's some instructions I put together that would have helped save me a lot of time. Please correct anything I missed:

2. Open a CMD window.
3. cd /d <whatever path it is to the "\ASUS_ROG2_ZS660KL_QPST_Firmware\images" folder> e.g., "cd /d D:\RogPhoneII\ASUS_ROG2_ZS660KL_QPST_Firmware\imag es"
14. Select "reboot now".
15. Done."

saltwater17

Feb 1, 2020
followed the steps until number 8 after i clicked refresh the MI app stopped responding (not responding).. dont know what im doing wrong..

Feb 1, 2020
Please help me. I have widevine security L3 instead of L1 (also at relock bootloader). Here is what happen to me:
1. Unlock the bootloader and get persist.img, but wrong size of package then i have lost the serial number (C4ATAS000000). The size of persist file is 16mb instead of 32mb by default.
2. Try to get another persist.img from another device, then use Ultra editor to find and change back to my real Serial Number. And it worked.
3. Figure out widevine security is always stay at L3, whenever bootloader is re-locked. Also Asus unlock bootloader apk from asus homepage is not working, it said "error network".
4. Do flash raw from all version, also factory reset...etc but no luck.
Do you know what is really happened when we flash wrong persist.img and flash another persist (which is already change Serial number back to real one)?

请问要怎么得到另一个设备的persist.img,然后怎么编辑sn,最后要怎么写入手机?有具体的步骤 吗

Mod Traduction :
May I ask how to get the persist.img of another device, then how to edit the sn, and finally how to write it to the phone? Are there specific steps?

Last edited by a moderator:

tuannghia1985

Jun 5, 2007
Asus ROG Phone 6 / 6 Pro
请问要怎么得到另一个设备的persist.img,然后怎么编辑sn,最后要怎么写入手机?有具体的步骤 吗

Get another user persist.img (with correct 32.768 kb)
Using HEX editor or Ultra Edit to find SSN, ISN and IMEI in persist.img

Return to fastboot - then 9008 mode, use bat to write back to your phone and you will have back Asus unlock bootloader apk (working), have Serial number back.

For question: "How could i find real SSN, ISN and real IMEI?"
Please use command "fastboot oem device-info" in fastboot mode, it will show your real information.

Br,

Dec 14, 2016

2. Open a CMD window.
14. Select "reboot now".
15. Done.

File Downlaod link:https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Pkt2k82JtK66DzJn3tSf6cDq7SuJiBBu

Just 2 doubts:
1. Will I get OTA update after doing this?
2. I am on A10 Beta 6. will It be successful to roll back to this firmware?

pappucharya

Mar 6, 2020
Hi in Mi Flash when i refresh and select flash it gives me an error object reference not set to an instance of an object please help me

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Success is disgusted by some people, and will not share any files for free in the future.
    Success!!!

2. Open a CMD window.
    14. Select "reboot now".
    15. Done.
    This is the first post... ☝️

i do no see any links or files...
    Request to admins to please provide the links to download the files so that we can unbrick our phones. i see there are few others too who have posted above for the same reason. thank you.
    Yes please provide files. So we can unbrick our rog 2 please🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
    Yep , i select recovery from bootloader and after selecting it , it will reboot and stuck at the logo. it wont go in recovery nor let me boot on custom recovery ~

I think im facing same problem. I have a tencent edition.

Ive trying flash it using cmd, miflash and qpst. Besides ive trying via edl too using test point. At first this phone i seems to boot after successfully flashed. But it will stuck on rog logo. Tried to boot into fastboot and select recovery but it will going to rog logo and stuck at infinite bootloop. If its not stopped by powering off the device in fastboot mode this phone going to bootloop until your battery juice dry. Ive tried flash cn and ww files but no luck. I still trying to find qpst files of cn rom, maybe flashed qpst files solves the problems.

Anyone who have those please share it. I would like to try it.

Hi, I've managed to unbrick my ROG Phone II Tencent Edition 8/128 with a locked bootloader having "slot _a" error. Provided that you can do fastboot.

My equipment for flashing, for sure you already have ADB installed in your computer, my computer is an x64 Intel Windows 10 laptop, I used USB 2.0 not USB 3.0

Credit to @johnny886 for the sharing the tool,
    "If your phone can only enter EDL mode (9008 mode)
    To use the QPST tool, you must change the EMMC to UFS. No matter which tool you use, -(I personally :did" not change anything, I just downloaded the file and followed grewookie's instruction below )
    File Downlaod link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Pk...Sf6cDq7SuJiBBu"

Credits to @greywookiee for the super clear instruction:
    "Here's some instructions I put together that would have helped save me a lot of time. Please correct anything I missed:

2. Open a CMD window.
    3. cd /d <whatever path it is to the "\ASUS_ROG2_ZS660KL_QPST_Firmware\images" folder> e.g., "cd /d D:\RogPhoneII\ASUS_ROG2_ZS660KL_QPST_Firmware\imag es"
    14. Select "reboot now".
    15. Done."