Android Pie update now available on ROG Phone (new update 11 August 2020)

Search This thread

Einheit-101

Jul 4, 2013
I am looking forward to all the beta testers that will complain about issues in this topic before i upgrade to P in 6 months :D
I am 99% sure that most things will not work, for example Magisk, edXposed, gravity box......

Nov 24, 2009
I downloaded the link and it worked perfectly. I have the update and it looks good. thanks for the tip and have a nice weekend

I've got serval bootloops before it start normally, plus the fist install i needed to format because failed boot, so it's very unstable and i'm also notice there no full stock recovery, but hopefully it will get one on stable.

Edit: it's happend again, it's not safe to use.

Last edited:

mickey36736

Jan 10, 2013
Chiang Mai
Asus Zenfone 9
New update WW-16.0410.1910.95

【Version】16.0410.1910.95
【Model Name】ROG Phone (ZS600KL)
【Release Date】2019/12/16

【Release Note】

Android P to Android P

1. User will encounter a brief black screen last for 3 to 5 minutes (Depending on the amount of data) after it finished the FOTA and reboot. Please do not force reboot the device because of the system has been checking, it would return to normal very soon.
2. Fixed the issue that TwinApps occasional not able to be launched
3. Fixed the Audio wizard can not be used in Russia
4. Fixed display error of Classic Theme Settings
5. Disabled BSNL VoLTE function in India
6. Fixed that screenshot could not be read by computer when device connects with computer
7. Fixed the game of Arena of Valor noise issue when live streaming with front camera

Android O to Android P

1. Upgraded system to Android P
2. User will encounter a brief black screen last for 3 to 5 minutes (Depending on the amount of data) after it finished the FOTA and reboot. Please do not force reboot the device because of the system has been checking, it would return to normal very soon.
3. Removed Page Marker, ZeniMoji, Report Location in Safeguard, weather animation setting, AI charging
4. Removed the Yandex cloud opetion of File Manager Application
5. Upgraded Game Center to Armoury Crate with whole new design
6. Added "Adaptive brightness", "Adaptive Battery", "New notifications", "Status bar icon manager", "Screen recorder", and "Local backup" in Settings
7. Upgraded Game Genie panel with new design and features
8. Added Android P "Swipe up on Home button" gesture
9. Support 24-hour forecast in Weather application
10. Revamped Mobile Manager, Contacts, File Manager, Calculator, Clock, Gallery, and Weather applications

Source : https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discuss...e-zs600kl-ww-16-0410-1910-95-android-p#latest

vp1

May 2, 2007
Do not update to android 9
Issue with phone callsAfter the update to Android pie, call drop in seconds while using bluetooth. This happens with the preloaded app and whatsapp calls.

mbze430

Feb 28, 2007
Southeast Missouri
every time I tried to sideload the new firmware I get an error message "adb: failed to read command: No error" any suggestions to get it flashed to P?

ryu091

Oct 14, 2012
every time I tried to sideload the new firmware I get an error message "adb: failed to read command: No error" any suggestions to get it flashed to P?

updating to pie its not working by sideloading you need to save the pie file to your storage and if you cant access your phone you can try flash the latest RAW File just find in other forums.

Necroclysm

Sep 21, 2010
Well, after trying the RAW file a second time, it is now working. No clue what the deal was before. It shouldn't have even had Magisk installed still after flashing that RAW file, but it did, and was causing the problems.
Second flash actually reset everything. Can't delete this post though.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    User War10K from Zen Talk communities has uploaded the WW Firmware link:

【Version】
    【Model Name】
    ROG Phone (ZS600KL)
    【Release Date】
    2019/11/28

https://www.asus.com/zentalk/forum....extra=page=1&filter=lastpost&orderby=lastpost
    【Version】16.0420.2006.30
    【Model Name】ROG Phone (ZS600KL)
    【Release Date】2020/08/11
    【Release Note】

1. Improved the audio quality of the speaker when playing games.
    2. 3rd party app compability improved: QMZG
    3. Updated Android security patch

Source : https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discuss...e-zs600kl-ww-16-0420-2006-30-android-p#latest
    New update WW-16.0420.1911.6

Do not update to android 9
    Issue with phone callsAfter the update to Android pie, call drop in seconds while using bluetooth. This happens with the preloaded app and whatsapp calls.
    • 【Version】 16.0420.1911.6
    • 【Release Date】 2020/01/09
    • 【Release Note】
    1. Fixed call drop issue when using Bluetooth headset/Car Kit
    2. Fixed TwinView Dock could not be used issue due to wrong firmware
    3. Fixed auto rotate issue when using Google Now
    4. Fixed lock screen wallpaper image color issue
    5. Fixed occasional system crash issue when long pressing recent key under multi-window mode
    6. Fixed wrong link issue when long pressing Bluetooth icon in Quick Settings
    7. Updated Android security patch
    8. Enabled TWM VoWiFi function