FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Best Tempered Glass for S10+ right now?

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By Ishan24, Junior Member on 15th March 2019, 11:36 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I just got my Samsung Galaxy S10+ and the Whitestone Dome Glass for it on Monday and I gotta say, it's actually the best tempered glass I have used... First of all, this is not sponsored or anything, this is my first post on XDA Forums and i wanted to start off with something helpful as i saw people asking some questions regarding it. I have been using this tempered glass screen protector for 4-5 days now and i can't believe how amazing it is! The installation definitely requires patience if you want the result to be perfect so i watched an installation video on YouTube by a YouTuber named Thao Huyn (she covers Samsung only i guess) for it but it seems like the Whitestone guys have their own video now with some better instructions. My Installation went perfect and the end result was amazing. The Tempered Glass is 100% transparent (no whitish tint or rainbow effect like other cheap ones which have glow just on the ugly black bezels) and it feels like it's not even there! The Ultrasonic Fingerprint Sensor works just as good as it worked with the phone's pre-applied screen protector which i mistakenly chipped off while placing the phone in the Transparent case i received inside the box (Yes, Indian S10 Variants get a hard transparent case inside the box of the phone). The durability of the tempered glass can only be tested if i drop my phone once or twice (which i hope doesn't happen lol!). I don't think there are any other tempered glasses that support the Ultrasonic Fingerprint sensor but i hope we get more choices soon... If you have any questions regarding the Whitestone Dome Glass, please feel free to reply below and ill try to answer! I hope you found this helpful and I will make sure i keep doing posts like this on XDA Forums ! Images:

UPDATE: I received for the Note10+ as well. Same quality, still amazing. Able to use the Ultrasonic Fingerprint Scanner.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ishan24 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ishan24 Ad-Free

17th March 2019, 07:42 PM |#2  
Flag Big Country
Thanks Meter: 283

More
I don't like the cutout for the camera!
It's going to collect dust and other nasties over time and look terrible.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cpufrost For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cpufrost Ad-Free
17th March 2019, 09:37 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Mine came with a piece of dust on the inside of the protector that I didn't notice until I watched the glue spread. I have a small air bubble in the middle of screen because of it. I ordered a "warranty replacement" for $10.

I also noticed that when you drop the screen onto the glue, it doesn't fall into right into place. I looked at the camera cutout as the glue was filling in and I noticed that it was off center. I was able to move it in time but I never saw this as a problem in the 7-8 installation videos I watched.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
17th March 2019, 09:40 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryllh

Mine came with a piece of dust on the inside of the protector that I didn't notice until I watched the glue spread. I have a small air bubble in the middle of screen because of it. I ordered a "warranty replacement" for $10.

I also noticed that when you drop the screen onto the glue, it doesn't fall into right into place. I looked at the camera cutout as the glue was filling in and I noticed that it was off center. I was able to move it in time but I never saw this as a problem in the 7-8 installation videos I watched.

That's certainly weird... My installation process went just like the video and no problems with the camera cutout even though I was a bit scared...
17th March 2019, 09:43 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishan24

That's certainly weird... My installation process went just like the video and no problems with the camera cutout even though I was a bit scared...

Maybe the bottom of the protector wasn't placed in the caddy right.

The dust thing is annoying. It was a speck that must have fell on screen when adding glue and I didn't notice it because cross bar glue thing was blocking my view. Oh well. Can't wait to try again.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
17th March 2019, 09:46 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryllh

Maybe the bottom of the protector wasn't placed in the caddy right.

The dust thing is annoying. It was a speck that must have fell on screen when adding glue and I didn't notice it because cross bar glue thing was blocking my view. Oh well. Can't wait to try again.

Yeah... I did not want to take any chance with the installation so what I did was I took my steam iron and kinda spread the steam over the place where I would install the screen protector.... What this does is that it will make all the dust particles settle down for a few minutes so I did not have the dust problem which others might face.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ishan24 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ishan24 Ad-Free
18th March 2019, 06:58 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi Ishan! I am from Hyderabad. Where did you get the protector from? Did you buy from Amazon.com for $50? Or is it available in India by any chance?
19th March 2019, 01:49 AM |#8  
Triangle, VA
Thanks Meter: 171

More
I finally got mine on and somewhat right wasted the first tube of adhesive because a bubble never cleared .. took that off cleaned up redid it now I have a small bubble top and bottom I can live with

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app
The Following User Says Thank You to smooth703 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift smooth703 Ad-Free
19th March 2019, 02:21 AM |#9  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 18

Donate to Me
More
one of my friend bought this and he said even after re-registering he had finger print issue. read amazon reviews. it's 50/50... i have a film protection now with a proper spygen case. i think ill just wait for a while..
19th March 2019, 09:12 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam20e

one of my friend bought this and he said even after re-registering he had finger print issue. read amazon reviews. it's 50/50... i have a film protection now with a proper spygen case. i think ill just wait for a while..

they have a new installation video telling u have to press down on the screen while it's curing to make the finger print reader work properly
The Following User Says Thank You to wai_lai416 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wai_lai416 Ad-Free
19th March 2019, 09:48 AM |#11  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 16,751

Donate to Me
More
WHY on earth that camera cutout??Its so ugly and 100% gona get tons of dust under it,im never buying that for sure it makes no sense..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)