FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

S10 Plus confusion between UAG cases. Ice, Pathfinder and Monarch

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By vishnu2626, Junior Member on 22nd July 2019, 08:30 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I need to buy a new case for my prism white s10 plus. The UAG SERIES looks impressive. Please suggest one for me. The pathfinder black one seems to be a good choice but I'm confused with the monarch. Also, which color is better in monarch

22nd July 2019, 06:33 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnu2626

I need to buy a new case for my prism white s10 plus. The UAG SERIES looks impressive. Please suggest one for me. The pathfinder black one seems to be a good choice but I'm confused with the monarch. Also, which color is better in monarch

Monarch Red
30th July 2019, 02:40 AM |#3  

More
Monarch is great!
30th July 2019, 03:33 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 367

More
The UAG cases are nice, but I refuse to pay $55 for a piece of plastic. Hhheeelll no!
30th July 2019, 10:29 PM |#5  
Flag Antwerpen
Thanks Meter: 978

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnu2626

NVM
3rd August 2019, 09:42 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 440

Donate to Me
More
I like the blacked out Monarch myself and it's one of my favorite cases.
2nd September 2019, 12:43 PM |#7  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 207

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermidas

The UAG cases are nice, but I refuse to pay $55 for a piece of plastic. Hhheeelll no!

But paying 1000$ for a phone is pretty sane =)
2nd September 2019, 10:36 PM |#8  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 686

More
Have you previously used a UAG case? They look nice on paper but are bulky, uncomfortable to hold and feel like they are made from cheap materials when actually on your phone.

I ordered mine directly from UAG so I know it wasn't a knockoff and I hated it. I expected it to be more like an Otterbox case I guess in terms of providing a comfortable grip. UAG cases are definitely not grippy.

Some people do swear by UAG cases.
3rd September 2019, 12:00 AM |#9  

More
Have you looked at supcase? its a good alternative to uag especially if you go with the unicorn beetle series. I currently have one on my s10+ and while it isn't advisable, it has survived a fall from a scaffold at eaves level, with no major damage just a scuff to the the back plastic.
I had a UAG case for my note 8 and it was very uncomfortable in the hand.
I wouldn't say that the supcase is better for comfort just different. It has less pronounced ridges on the back but the sides seem thicker. It has raised rubbery nubs on the back in the corners to stop it sliding. A feature I didn't think would get much use on the supcase case was the kickstand, but I can safely say it is one of my most used features on the case, it is very stiff in the beginning for clipping in and out but with a little use becomes smooth and long lasting. its good as a handle in the hand and ,when standing, supports the phone vertically and horizontally
and it is £30 cheaper still military grade drop tested I highly recommend as I think the build quality is as good if not better than the note 8 case I owned
3rd September 2019, 09:58 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 367

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by corb06

But paying 1000$ for a phone is pretty sane =)

Yeah it is. Especially when you consider the phone is more technically a powerful multi-core computer which fits in your pocket, that is also capable of making calls...and the case is literally ONLY, a case.

I never have and never will spend more than $20 on a case, when all it is, is just a glorified piece of plastic and rubber.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)