FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP for Galaxy S10+ Magisk Prepatched

1,963 posts
Thanks Meter: 10,244

By geiti94, Senior Member on 8th April 2019, 12:21 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
So since someone thinked to take my tree and submit it for get official mantainer as first i will delete everything from my git and as second i will now say what i will no more release because of that guy!!

Since that guy thinked to submit my device tree and get official mantainer of twrp he can now archive byself encryption, ota support etc that i have done since 2 days. Because of his move i will now delete that unreleased tree and the most important thing i will not release the enginering bootloaders that allows to root the s10 s10+ and s10e like all other phones without boot from recovery partition. Who that guy is look on twrp site and you see that. And for all other that waits for the script for boot directly rooted i will not release it too. After that say thx to that guy for stop the only thing that was here for use the s10 rooted normaly.

Now a moderator can close the thread

XDA:DevDB Information
[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP for Galaxy S10+ Magisk Prepatched, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy S10+

Contributors
geiti94
Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.0
Stable Release Date: 2019-04-08

Created 2019-04-08
Last Updated 2019-04-30
The Following 38 Users Say Thank You to geiti94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift geiti94 Ad-Free

8th April 2019, 12:21 AM |#2  
Installation Guide
Installation Guide
  1. Go to Developer settings and enable oem unlock
  2. power off the device and boot in download mode
  3. in download mode you see the long press vol up option for unlock bl
  4. unlock the bootloader (that will wipe your device so be sure you made a backup of your data)
  5. after bootloader unlock boot up the phone and make sure it is connected to the internet orhe triggers rmm prenormal
  6. setup the phone without google account etc
  7. reboot the phone in recovery mode and do a factory reset
  8. reboot in download mode and flash the tar with prepatched magisk
  9. hold vol up+ bixby+power until you are twrp. (on a50 only vol up+power)
  10. flash the encryption disable zip (you find it in the download folder too. note he needs to get flashed every time you reflash a vendor partition) MAKE SURE YOU HAVE IT ON EXTERNAL SD CARD SINCE I CANT ADD MTP SUPPORT TO TWRP OR MTP WILL BE BROKEN WHEN SYSTEM IS BOOTED
  11. press reboot to recovery in twrp for boot rooted with magisk.

NOTE: for boot then all other times rooted press vol up+bixby+power button (on a50 only vol up+power) until you see s10/a50 logo and release it. soon i will release a script that let the phone boot byself in recovery mode so the button combination is not needed
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to geiti94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift geiti94 Ad-Free
8th April 2019, 12:27 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Thank you man. I wish to all of us a good and happy flashing year. Finger crossed..

Gesendet von meinem SM-G975F mit Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nobrain3000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nobrain3000 Ad-Free
8th April 2019, 12:38 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 778

More
One more thank you!
8th April 2019, 12:53 AM |#5  
Flag Huber Heights, OH
Thanks Meter: 213

More
Dumb question, but can snapdragon use this?
8th April 2019, 01:04 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 199

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerandgina

Dumb question, but can snapdragon use this?

No! It's been said over and over in every. Single. Thread this is talked about

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MRDOCA For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MRDOCA Ad-Free
8th April 2019, 01:08 AM |#7  
Flag Huber Heights, OH
Thanks Meter: 213

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRDOCA

No! It's been said over and over in every. Single. Thread this is talked about

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

No need to get crappy my friend. Just asking a question. Maybe it should get added to the op in BOLD letters.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rogerandgina For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rogerandgina Ad-Free
8th April 2019, 01:24 AM |#8  
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 317

More
this may sound like a dumb question, but the instructions say to turn on OEM, turn off phone and then boot into download mode. Does this actually mean to boot into stock recovery? If not, how do you boot into download mode when the phone is turned off?
8th April 2019, 01:31 AM |#9  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Guatemala
Thanks Meter: 2,829

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekser

this may sound like a dumb question, but the instructions say to turn on OEM, turn off phone and then boot into download mode. Does this actually mean to boot into stock recovery? If not, how do you boot into download mode when the phone is turned off?

Volume down + Bixby and connect USB cable attached to PC
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jimbo77 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jimbo77 Ad-Free
8th April 2019, 01:58 AM |#10  
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 317

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo77

Volume down + Bixby and connect USB cable attached to PC

Ok, so I followed instructions to a T - flashed the modified Twrp (I had turned off auto reboot) so after it had flashed, per instructions, I held Bixby, Power and Volume up for over 20 seconds and nothing happened.

On previous phones, I always had to hold vol down, bixby power and when the screen went black switch to vol up - but when I attempted this - phone booted to bootloader warner and then just continued to boot loop.

Do I need to start over by flashing stock or can I return to download mode and attempt to boot into recovery again?
8th April 2019, 02:08 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 136

More
The magisk bootloooop work it not download mode is cant hhow
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread