FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

i think battery problem!!!

1,671 posts
Thanks Meter: 144

By bubu23, Senior Member on 3rd March 2019, 12:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
everybody say this battery awsome but i cant see this.
my s10 plus ceramic white 512 giga,battery drain very fast ihave only 1 houre screen and its on 80%
i used most of the time facebook,messenger,whats app and i can see every few min the battery drain 1 %
can it be because those app i use drain much power?
im writting alot on those message apps
plz your help how can i know if i have problem or not?
thx
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bubu23 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bubu23 Ad-Free

3rd March 2019, 08:16 PM |#2  
Flag St. Gallen
Thanks Meter: 256

More
Well 5 hours of heavy use isn't really bad
4th March 2019, 01:50 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 120

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4rkSoRRoW

Well 5 hours of heavy use isn't really bad

I'd call it bad. My Pixel 2 XL with a processor that is 2 generations old, a battery that is 15% smaller and 16 months old (batteries degrade over time) and a higher resolution (assuming Samsung phones still default to 1080p) still gets better battery life than the Galaxy S10+.
4th March 2019, 08:21 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 363

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu23

everybody say this battery awsome but i cant see this.
my s10 plus ceramic white 512 giga,battery drain very fast ihave only 1 houre screen and its on 80%
i used most of the time facebook,messenger,whats app and i can see every few min the battery drain 1 %
can it be because those app i use drain much power?
im writting alot on those message apps
plz your help how can i know if i have problem or not?
thx

Exynos or Snapdragon? I believe a majority of the Exynos users have reported horrible battery drain on idle (I know of just one exception). On Snapdragon the information is less clear at this stage.
The Following User Says Thank You to xclub_101 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xclub_101 Ad-Free
4th March 2019, 10:49 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 126

More
i thought it was just me. using exynos and i do believe battery drain is crazy
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RockyAJ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RockyAJ Ad-Free
4th March 2019, 12:30 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag eilat
Thanks Meter: 144

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyAJ

i thought it was just me. using exynos and i do believe battery drain is crazy

thx my friend iv got exynos !!!! SM-G975F
4th March 2019, 02:01 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Same here. The exynos is a real ****. Less than 5 hours of battery

With the Mate 20 pro i had 6 hours
The Following User Says Thank You to NewtScamander For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NewtScamander Ad-Free
4th March 2019, 02:14 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 248

More
Pie takes about a week to get used to your usage, you shouldn't really focus on the battery so much until then.
Also stop using crappy apps, even Facebook can have completely different drains on different phones of the same model, having such crappy apps gives you no right to complain about battery, you're trying to have a healthy life with a parasite inside you.

Some Reddit idiots are using this post to criticize Exynos since they couldn't believe how good battery life is according to official tests, don't give them coal.
6th March 2019, 06:48 AM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corv0

Pie takes about a week to get used to your usage, you shouldn't really focus on the battery so much until then.
Also stop using crappy apps, even Facebook can have completely different drains on different phones of the same model, having such crappy apps gives you no right to complain about battery, you're trying to have a healthy life with a parasite inside you.

Some Reddit idiots are using this post to criticize Exynos since they couldn't believe how good battery life is according to official tests, don't give them coal.

The Facebook app is pretty good on battery life. It's MUCH better than the alternative of viewing Facebook in a web browser. Chrome uses more battery than the Facebook app and Samsung's browser sucks for battery life. And if someone wants to use Facebook or other apps you can crappy why even have such a high end phone?

I'm curious what "official" tests you are referring to? Claims from Samsung? Those never represent real world usage.
The Following User Says Thank You to jimv1983 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jimv1983 Ad-Free
6th March 2019, 02:02 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 248

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimv1983

The Facebook app is pretty good on battery life. It's MUCH better than the alternative of viewing Facebook in a web browser. Chrome uses more battery than the Facebook app and Samsung's browser sucks for battery life. And if someone wants to use Facebook or other apps you can crappy why even have such a high end phone?

I'm curious what "official" tests you are referring to? Claims from Samsung? Those never represent real world usage.

Seriously? Do you have any idea of how web view apps work?

Facebook is literally a web element viewer, a custom browser with a TON of bloatware around, autoplay, continuous telemetries, and its own message push system. If you think it's good for battery life then your overall battery life probably sucks and you don't even know it.
The alternative is not Chrome but one of the many apps that put together web's mobile facebook and activate messenger options.
So now, since you have a high end phone, you can't use facebook or other apps? Where's your logic?

With official tests I was referring to GSMarena, Mrwhostheboss and many others, that's as official as it gets, since statistics from corporations aren't to be trusted.
7th March 2019, 06:29 AM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corv0

Seriously? Do you have any idea of how web view apps work?

Facebook is literally a web element viewer, a custom browser with a TON of bloatware around, autoplay, continuous telemetries, and its own message push system. If you think it's good for battery life then your overall battery life probably sucks and you don't even know it.
The alternative is not Chrome but one of the many apps that put together web's mobile facebook and activate messenger options.
So now, since you have a high end phone, you can't use facebook or other apps? Where's your logic?

With official tests I was referring to GSMarena, Mrwhostheboss and many others, that's as official as it gets, since statistics from corporations aren't to be trusted.

The Android Facebook app isn't just a wrapper around a web app. It was in the past but hasn't been for a long time. It's a native Android app. The battery life of the Facebook app is far better than you get in a browser. With the Facebook app I get about 8 minutes per 1% of battery. Chrome, on average, gets about 6 minutes per 1% of battery. That's 33% longer when using the Facebook app.

I'm curious about the other apps you are talking about. I've used one or two Facebook app alternatives in the past and not were as good as the official app.

The battery life tests from GSMArena are basically useless. They don't at all reflect real world usage and even under their very unrealistic test conditions still weren't even close to being accurate.

Look at what the average person is getting. It's not great considering the hardware and what other phones get with lower specs.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jimv1983 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jimv1983 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)