No/Delayed Notifications after phone is locked for long hours

Search This thread

Mephotis

Mar 9, 2019
My S10+ has not been receiving notifications every time after long hours of locking it and not using it.
Example:
I lock my phone before i go to bed, when i wake up and unlock my phone, i am flooded by all the notifications all AT ONCE. Which means i did not receive them while i was sleeping. These notifications includes anything, my games, Facebook call, Whatsapp messages, Facebook messages.

I also did a test and asked my wife to call me using Facebook to wake me up in the morning, but my phone did not ring nor did i get any spam messages from her on Facebook or Whatsapp. However, normal calls do work and my phone rang. As usual, after i pick up her normal call and unlocked my phone, all the notifications starts to flood in. The test is done on both WIFI and 4G.

Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone manage to fix this?

FYI: I have disabled Adaptive battery and any power saving options.

Reactions: joemill

Haadkoe

Jul 10, 2007
Do you have any bixby routines running? If so, double check they aren't shutting stuff off to save power at night or anything.

Notefan161

Jan 10, 2019
I've had similar issues but these are notifications coming through 10 mins after they do on my iPhone

You tried a factory reset?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Kiran-Kumar

Apr 25, 2017
Bangalore
Settings > search for 'Optimise battery usage'. > in the drop down select 'All' to list all apps.
Make sure for all the apps you are getting delayed notifications the switch is turned off.

Mephotis

Mar 9, 2019
can you check if you have any power saving apps?

can you check if the apps have been put to sleep?

can you check if you are disconnected from wifi or data during idle or sleep time?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

No power saving apps.
Did not put any apps to sleep.
Not sure how to check disconnection of wifi or data during idle without unlocking the phone

Mephotis

Mar 9, 2019
Settings > search for 'Optimise battery usage'. > in the drop down select 'All' to list all apps.
Make sure for all the apps you are getting delayed notifications the switch is turned off.

It's already off. Facebook, Facebook messenger and Whatsapp are all turned off under there.
I know the rest are on by default, but i don't think i need to turn those off since they are not important.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My S10+ has not been receiving notifications every time after long hours of locking it and not using it.
    Example:
    I lock my phone before i go to bed, when i wake up and unlock my phone, i am flooded by all the notifications all AT ONCE. Which means i did not receive them while i was sleeping. These notifications includes anything, my games, Facebook call, Whatsapp messages, Facebook messages.

I also did a test and asked my wife to call me using Facebook to wake me up in the morning, but my phone did not ring nor did i get any spam messages from her on Facebook or Whatsapp. However, normal calls do work and my phone rang. As usual, after i pick up her normal call and unlocked my phone, all the notifications starts to flood in. The test is done on both WIFI and 4G.

Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone manage to fix this?

FYI: I have disabled Adaptive battery and any power saving options.