FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Exynos Deep Sleep Issue

168 posts
Thanks Meter: 36

By mtm1401, Senior Member on 27th April 2019, 04:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Having the recurring problem with the phone not entering deep sleep (0 seconds a 14 hour cycle) have turned of VoiP but issue still persists, I think it might be being triggered by using 'ok Google' but not sure.

My questions are:

Is it the March or April patch that is expected to fix the issue?

Is there a work around other than restarting the phone and clearing cached data?

Thanks in advance

28th April 2019, 10:07 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
i have the same issue and im on the march 2019 update. sometimes it goes deep sleep a few but then suddenly its doesnt go deep sleep anymore. Even after a restart. Its random and then bamm sometimes its working a few minutes again - repeat. I cross checked all setting with my old S8+ and i almost have 1:1 the same setup on both phones but my S8+ is going deep sleep EVERY TIME with zero issues!
29th April 2019, 10:09 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by itssny

i have the same issue and im on the march 2019 update. sometimes it goes deep sleep a few but then suddenly its doesnt go deep sleep anymore. Even after a restart. Its random and then bamm sometimes its working a few minutes again - repeat. I cross checked all setting with my old S8+ and i almost have 1:1 the same setup on both phones but my S8+ is going deep sleep EVERY TIME with zero issues!

I've manually updated to the ASD5 firmware and the bug seems to have gone away, will see if it lasts though!
29th April 2019, 10:39 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
This bug was fixed since ASCA update, if you want the issue resolved update your phone to the latest update ASD6, you can find the steps and the update in this thread:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/s10...-odin-t3908710
29th April 2019, 02:37 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
after april update i still have the issue
1st May 2019, 08:43 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 126

More
For anyone facing the issue,go to a samsung center and get your phone checked. Most of all of us here had the issue at purchase but was resolved after update. Latest update with april security and deep sleep is working fine for me.
2nd May 2019, 06:57 PM |#7  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I too have an exynos s10+ unrooted and my phone is giving excellent battery life I am getting almost 7 to 8 hrs of screen on time. My cpu also goes into a proper deep sleep. See the attached screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190502-232419_CPU Spy.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	149.8 KB
ID:	4752329  
3rd May 2019, 03:07 AM |#8  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 18

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyAJ

For anyone facing the issue,go to a samsung center and get your phone checked. Most of all of us here had the issue at purchase but was resolved after update. Latest update with april security and deep sleep is working fine for me.

yup thats right. received April update yesterday only. Apparently that update fixed our deep sleep bug.
The Following User Says Thank You to sam20e For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sam20e Ad-Free
5th May 2019, 12:38 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
sleep issue fix
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor_k

after april update i still have the issue

I have also deep sleep problem with april update.
Phone was able to sleep only 10% of time. After fix it can sleep 95+%
8 hours = 5% battery.

Quote:

Open file “system/build.prop
write “wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=200
save
reboot
fixed

detail fix how to fix deep sleep issue:
blog.chupasweb.net/archives/1008
11th September 2019, 10:45 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I reboot my phone 2-3 times every day because of this problem... I have august 2019 update and still is a problem to use the phone without reboot...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)